Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,495 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Verdana]So my boyfriend and I currently live in Winter Park and he works at Universal and I work at a hotel a few minutes away. We are looking to move in October when our lease is up and really try and cut down on our commute. I have been searching and searching and the place i have found that I really like is Studio Parc Apartments located on Kirkman and Conroy about 2 miles from Universal. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The apartments have been totally renovated and its a gated community. The only problem I seem to be having is after reading all of these forums would it be a mistake to move to that area? Does anyone know of these apartments and are they nice? I cant seem to find any personal reviews on them any where. I mean living in Winter Park isn’t that much better anymore (my boyfriends car was stolen from our apartment complex and mine was broken into) but am I going to get mugged just walking to my car? Please help! I just don’t want to make a mistake by moving to this area and end up really paying for it later. [/FONT]

Peace&Love
Lady Madonna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:33 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,211,164 times
That area is not too bad but I wouldn't venture too much further North towards Valencia CC. That area is real pockety with some bad areas scattered here and there. Overall, like any place, just be aware of your surroundings and you should be fine. You also might want to check out Park Central Apts. on JYP and Americana.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,409 times
I live near the VCC area and agree, like any place, you must take responsibility for your surroundings. Are you looking to purchase or rent? There is a short sale for a 2 master suite bedroom/2 bath off Kirkman and Westgate.

bridge2mk

Old 09-01-2008, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,399 times
Orlando on a whole isn't as bad as people would like to believe. While that area isn't as nice as it used to be, it's certainly not the worst. Like others said, just be aware of your surroundings and you'll be fine. It's not like you're trying to move to Parramore or Tangelo Park.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
I guess it all depends on where you work and how much you appreciate the entertainment options and the climate, because I do not agree with most of what the previous poster said. While I agree that Orlando is not a major city in the general sense of the word comprising several corporate companies in the financial or banking world like NY, Houston or Atlanta it does have a lot of great jobs and companies here and all the amenities one would ask for in a major city. It is much closer to Las Vegas in feel than Denver or the like.
I find the quality of life to be very high here and all of my family that comes to visit me and gets to share a week or so with me seeing my lifestyle wants to move here and be in Florida. While crime is high I do not spend my time worrying about being a victim of crime. I know where not to go and where to avoid and make sure I lock my doors and that I am aware of my surroundings at all times. I like almost everything about Orlando and most people I know do not have the types of complaints that you would see common to this forum. You should visit though for an extended time period before you move here, but I would advise that of any place that is not overly portrayed in the media to the like that NY or L.A. are. If you end up not liking Orlando itself, I think that Tampa and Broward County and possibly Jacksonville could be good alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando