Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 AM

6 posts, read 22,031 times

Advertisements

I am looking for information on the homeowners fees for Poitras Estates. Is there someplace online to see what the fees cover or to view the minutes of the meetings. The house we are interested in is on Blake Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Default Legacy Park, Dalton Ct

We are considering putting in an offer on a house on Dalton Ct. We live up north and want to retire in Fl. Do you know who/what the HOA is for that section of Legacy Park? Our realtor says it is a residental only area. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,312 times
Your realtor should be able to tell you this, and if he/she isnt then they are not doing their job, but I believe it is approx $225 per qtr and I believe according to some listings there is also an additional monthly fee aswell.

I believe also that in June last year the HOA filed for chapter 11. Whether that was for the townhome area im not sure so you may want to look into that or ask your Realtor to do the research for youbut I thought it was the master HOA . I believe it is a short term rental area aswell unless I am mistaken so I would keep that in mind also.

I hope this helps.

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriejen View Post
We are considering putting in an offer on a house on Dalton Ct. We live up north and want to retire in Fl. Do you know who/what the HOA is for that section of Legacy Park? Our realtor says it is a residental only area. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,239 times
Hey All,

Was just wondering if any of you folks had a reputable property management company who is not strictly a bill payer service, and does not use that as their main selling point. We are looking to buy down there, and are looking to a company to manage the property and are quite capable of paying the bills on our own

We are looking to buy in the Davenport/Clermont Area for short term rental purposes.

Please message me with any info, and thanks for your time.

Last edited by pd216806; 05-26-2010 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add info and location

Old 05-26-2010, 06:52 AM

My relator is looking into getting that information for us about the fees. I thought fro your posts that you lived in Legacy park and therefore was looking for more information on the community.
I did research and saw that they filed for chapter 11 but could not find anything more recent.
We will also be looking for someone to manage the property for a couple of years. Do you have any suggetions on that?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
Your realtor should be able to tell you this, and if he/she isnt then they are not doing their job, but I believe it is approx $225 per qtr and I believe according to some listings there is also an additional monthly fee aswell.

I believe also that in June last year the HOA filed for chapter 11. Whether that was for the townhome area im not sure so you may want to look into that or ask your Realtor to do the research for youbut I thought it was the master HOA . I believe it is a short term rental area aswell unless I am mistaken so I would keep that in mind also.

I hope this helps.

Nick

Old 05-26-2010, 06:54 AM

I am looking for the same information. Let me know if you find a company. We are actually looking to rent long term.

Laurie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd216806 View Post
Hey All,

Was just wondering if any of you folks had a reputable property management company who is not strictly a bill payer service, and does not use that as their main selling point. We are looking to buy down there, and are looking to a company to manage the property and are quite capable of paying the bills on our own

We are looking to buy in the Davenport/Clermont Area for short term rental purposes.

Please message me with any info, and thanks for your time.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,189 times
can someone clarify if the HOA Fees at Legacy Park are yearly or quarterly? We are planning to purchase a house in Brayton Ln and what i'm reading is troublesome. Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 09:39 PM

53 posts, read 108,399 times
Interestingly....did you KNOW...THAT IF YOU BUY a HOME, and do not pay HOA fees or are late - and they send you to an attorney....

get this:

The attorney will charge you over 3,000 for work on about 100.00 worth of HOA fees, and then if you still don't pay, they will sell your house at public auction in 1 month to collect that? And, they don't even have the lein....the mortgage company does.

True story! So make sure you can afford your HOA fees. AND PAY THEM! It is a florida law.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulinmover View Post
Interestingly....did you KNOW...THAT IF YOU BUY a HOME, and do not pay HOA fees or are late - and they send you to an attorney....

get this:

The attorney will charge you over 3,000 for work on about 100.00 worth of HOA fees, and then if you still don't pay, they will sell your house at public auction in 1 month to collect that? And, they don't even have the lein....the mortgage company does.

True story! So make sure you can afford your HOA fees. AND PAY THEM! It is a florida law.
There's been nothing said about not paying them they just want to know how much they are.

Please stick to the subject at hand.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,993 times
I live in The Centre in Legacy Park. I moved in my home when it was first built in 2006. I love living in this area of Florida and being right in the middle of everything! I love my house and I enjoy keeping my yard neatly manicured. The only thing that drives me absolutely crazy are the sloppy yards all around me! I don't understand how people can live like that! If you don't like to do any yard work than you shouldn't buy or rent a house with a yard! It's not fair to your neighbors who take pride in their homes, which for most people it's their biggest and most important investment. Whatever happened to the HOA and deed restrictions? I can't believe how many homes in here look like crap! I know the main problem is that there are alot of people who are renting homes in here but the HOA should be continually on their backs if they don't keep their lawns neat and trimmed. As for the homes that are in foreclosure then shouldn't the banks that own them be responsible for the upkeep of these lawns? Who can I call to complain because I'm getting to the point to where I want to just put my house up for sale and move into a well kept development somewhere else. Our neighborhood is literally one of the sloppiest in Legacy Park and that is such a shame! There's no reason for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando