Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times

Advertisements

I have to give a great big THANKS to all of you who were helpful (and not so much...lol) on these boards! I think we were able to choose a decent community to live in, and now that all is settled, we made settlement on a house in the Santuary in Oviedo this past Monday! YAY! And Miracle of Miracles...someone put in an offer on our home here just today!!!! HOORAY!

Soooo, we will be moving the middle of June/end of June. And I can't wait because I have a nice jacuzzi waiting down there for me!

I have met some really nice folks on here, and a few scary one...but you both kept me out of trouble with the neighborhoods (I am pretty sure...) and we ended up in a decent school district. We did meet our first neighbors and they seem to be quite pleasant.

So, all that is left, is the details on this house here in PA and the BIG MOVE! I look forward to meeting some of you and again,

THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 04:42 AM

196 posts, read 817,889 times
Hi Parrotrosie,

Congrats on the new home I dont know if I added to your posts and if I did I hope they were helpful

You made the right choice, enjoy your new home and jacuzzi!

Welcome to the City Beautiful

Old 05-02-2009, 05:40 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Congrats and welcome!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
That is a great feeling when everything comes together in perfect timing. I know I would be doing a dance if my house sold! Enjoy the weather when you get to Orlando. I have relatives in PA and I don't see how they can live there! (the Poconos area, and East Stroudsburg) I grew up just north of Oviedo and I think you made a good choice.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:24 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
YEAH!!!! Don't forget the cheesesteaks! I'm so happy for you! I know it's kind of soon, but there is plenty of things going on for the forth of July. There will be tons of vendors set up with bands and a great time! Make sure you make it to Lake Monroe or Crane's Roost for fireworks. Bring your bathing suits b/c it's going to be HOT! You can always go to the beach or definately check out the springs! Good luck! Have a safe trip down.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post

I have met some really nice folks on here, and a few scary one...but you both kept me out of trouble with the neighborhoods (I am pretty sure...) and we ended up in a decent school district. We did meet our first neighbors and they seem to be quite pleasant.
That was funny about the nice are scary people. I guess you could say that about Orlando itself and about anywhere really in general! I am glad you found what you were looking for!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:43 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
I have to give a great big THANKS to all of you who were helpful (and not so much...lol) on these boards! I think we were able to choose a decent community to live in, and now that all is settled, we made settlement on a house in the Santuary in Oviedo this past Monday! YAY! And Miracle of Miracles...someone put in an offer on our home here just today!!!! HOORAY!

Soooo, we will be moving the middle of June/end of June. And I can't wait because I have a nice jacuzzi waiting down there for me!

So, all that is left, is the details on this house here in PA and the BIG MOVE! I look forward to meeting some of you and again,

THANKS!!!
Congrats, Your going to love the Santuary! a couple of my friends live there and are very satisfied. Just keep in mind that your going to get here around the hottest time of the year, but you can always hit up the santuary pool, its very nice. Your going to love the weather later on in the year though. Good luck with your move!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Thanks...I know, I will be just in time for the HEAT...lol! And I stayed long enough here to shovel snow...somehow it seemed to snow every time my hubby got on the plane to fly south...go figure! LOL!! We even got a giant hail storm on my daughter's birthday, March 29th..which was bizarre!!

I can hit up the Santuary pool...or..I can just walk out back to my own screened in pool! Yipeeee! I met one of my neighbors already and they are very very nice!

So, which beach has nice July 4th fireworks?? That is a good thought Beckycat!!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Thanks...I know, I will be just in time for the HEAT...lol! And I stayed long enough here to shovel snow...somehow it seemed to snow every time my hubby got on the plane to fly south...go figure! LOL!! We even got a giant hail storm on my daughter's birthday, March 29th..which was bizarre!!

I can hit up the Santuary pool...or..I can just walk out back to my own screened in pool! Yipeeee! I met one of my neighbors already and they are very very nice!

So, which beach has nice July 4th fireworks?? That is a good thought Beckycat!!
Oh your a lucky one with a private pool, haha. the community center also offers beach volley ball, tennis, and basket ball courts. plus what ever is inside the building. its really nice. Unless you already visited that part already, then im prolly just wasting your time

But I wouldn't recommend the beach for fireworks, i did that once and got bit up by sand bugs that come out at night in the sand. Winter Springs has a great 4th of july festival thing with a great firework show and its only 10 mins from oviedo. and downtown orlando has a nice firework show, and thats not far either.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Agreed on not being on the beach--yowza you'll get bit up!

Lake Eola downtown has amazing fireworks on the 4th of July. Park in the Colonialtown area and walk the 8 or so blocks, you'll be able to get out much faster than if you park in one of the downtown parking decks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando