Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times

Advertisements

No I never mentioned the Anthony case. I mentioned the Haliegh Cummings case. Her mother( who lost custody) is pregnant with a child and the father is her step brother. The father who is now married to his 17 yr old girlfriend got another woman pregnant awhile back and has a third child. They were interviewed on national TV and gave new meaning to the term "trailer trash". It was cringe worthy, I don't think anyone of them had more than a double digit IQ.

I agree FL attracts a lot of lowlifes from other states. But I am tired of natives thinking all the problems are due to transplants. FL has a subculture of uneducated white trash that was born and raised here. The state is 45 out of 50 in having students finishing HS.

And FL with its lax laws allows lowlifes from other places to continue to hide out here. Why do you think OJ left CA?

Besides the fact that he was being blacklisted at every golf course in Southern CA, he was going to lose his house in the civil lawsuit if he stayed there. He came to Florida and put his money in annuities, and they can't touch your house here or money in an annunity fund in FL.

FL has many decent natives, but lets not pretend there isn't a population of homegrown lowlifes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 03:52 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,918 times
Back on topic please.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:54 PM

976 posts, read 1,113,336 times
Just a quick response to "Seain Dublin" and then back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No I never mentioned the Anthony case. I mentioned the Haliegh Cummings case. Her mother( who lost custody) is pregnant with a child and the father is her step brother. The father who is now married to his 17 yr old girlfriend got another woman pregnant awhile back and has a third child. They were interviewed on national TV and gave new meaning to the term "trailer trash". It was cringe worthy, I don't think anyone of them had more than a double digit IQ. Are they from FL or are they from Ohio? Might want to check on that one.

I agree FL attracts a lot of lowlifes from other states. But I am tired of natives thinking all the problems are due to transplants. FL has a subculture of uneducated white trash that was born and raised here. I am a native, my wife is, and many of our family members are - almost all of us dont act like white trash - most of us have atleast 2 yrs of collge. We obey the law, treat others with respect, some of the nicest people you will ever meet are FL natives. The state is 45 out of 50 in having students finishing HS. Not sure that is the fault of FL natives.

And FL with its lax laws allows lowlifes from other places to continue to hide out here. Why do you think OJ left CA? I agree completely.

Besides the fact that he was being blacklisted at every golf course in Southern CA, he was going to lose his house in the civil lawsuit if he stayed there. He came to Florida and put his money in annuities, and they can't touch your house here or money in an annunity fund in FL. Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately FL's laws allow people (and unfortunately some are criminals) to hide out and move here. I agree, it sucks - that's getting back to my "FL = the last refuge of the scoundrel".

FL has many decent natives, but lets not pretend there isn't a population of homegrown lowlifes.
Of course there are - just like any state.

Where do you live in FL?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:30 PM

To prove a point I made earlier about criminals hiding out in FL... I just watched America's Most Wanted, and like I had mentioned time and time again... a man from Massachusetts running from the law moves to......... where else....... FL (Sarasota) and molests 25-30 kids the program stated. What a pervert.

I just had to point that out. Point proven and now back to topic. Sorry.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Well then blame Florida and the lax laws here. People drive here with no car insurance and suspended DLs, because FL unlike other states will not impound cars.

They let seniors here renew their DL over the phone, no road or eye test.

We had a family member tboned by an elderly driver didn't even know she hit a car. Our relative left by ambulance and the car was totaled. Her car needed to be towed as well, and her only concern was how she was getting home. The cop didn't even bother to write down that she should be evaluated. Way too lax here.

Why do you think lowlifes head down here? Could it be the way the state is run? FL has been profiled a few times on shows like 48 Hours and Dateline for inept police work. In fact the Hollywood, FL police totally botched up the Adam Walsh case.

Is someone who is on the wrong side of the law going to stay in a state with tough laws or go somewhere where they can bond out of jail quickly and do another crime.

They arrested a guy from Jacksonville awhile back for trying to steal from a store and attacking the female security guard, he had 12 priors. I'm from CA, three stikes your out.

Just read another story of guy getting arrested on his 5th DUI, again in most states you lose your DL and then get a restricted DL after your first DUI.

FL creates a haven for criiminals and those who have no regard for road safety and following the rules because they get a slap on the wrist here.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorrMuraan View Post
I moved here from AK last fall and I've never seen worse driving than I see here in CFL. I'm not talking about tourists that cut across 4 lanes to hit an exit either, but locals. What really blows my mind is I see the cops doing the same idiotic/dangerous maneuvers, or failing to pull over offenders when happening right in front of them. I knew AK drivers were pretty good, but compared to the CFL locals, we're on an entirely different plane of existance! lol

Most common ones being...

1. Merging w/o signals. Seriously, is it that hard?
2. Slowing down to merge(often combined with #1). Makes no sense, but is soo common. Especially on I4 for some reason.
3. Not yielding to emergency vehicles. EVERY time I see one coming he's honking and flashing and drivers are either racing along with him. Or simply not paying attention.
4. When I'm making a left on a green, I inevitably will have one, if not several, vehicals making rights. It's ILLEGAL tards! You yield on a red. If I happen to want to take that first right into the gas station (or whatever) I always have to honk or cut someone off to get in.
5. Running reds. I've only seen a handful do that in AK in ~20yrs. Almost a daily occurrence down here.

And in the "just plain annoying" category..

6. On a yeilded left, not entering the intersection, but sitting behind then missing the light entirely.
7. Four-way stops must have been recently introduced down here as it seems noone has any frickin clue who to yield to. I have to honk and give them the "go! it's your turn, moron" sign.
8. Turning on hazards whenever it rains and slowing down to 30mph. WTH is this about?! Move to the right if you can't handle weather.

Lots more, but these are the daily ones. If the traffic cops actually started pulling people over en masse for the actual dangerous infractions instead of busting speeding commuters w/ cruise on, it'd be a much safer place to drive.
You ask also whats with the traffic cops??

I think they are scared, wouldn't you be in a place like this? Not too long ago they were shooting people on I'4, I mean the other drivers, there were like 4 shootings in 10 days.

Love living here, hate driving here.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,013,887 times
The drivers in Miami are even worse and add 2 million more people and smaller urban streets its horrible.
But you came from driving in Alaska. You ever drive anywhere else on a daily basis besides for Alaska and Florida? You will see much of the same in DC,NYC,Boston,ATL,Chicago no so much in LA I think they actually have some decent drivers. But driving in a major metro area in the lower 48 is going to be different than ANC.

Also cops here have more things to take care of than little traffic rules. Thats what the FHP is for and small village/town cops. But county and larger city police need to take care of important matters. You wont see a Miami cop often give somone a ticket for a turn over a double line or going 10mph over the limit it is not worth the risk or their time.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:50 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
To prove a point I made earlier about criminals hiding out in FL... I just watched America's Most Wanted, and like I had mentioned time and time again... a man from Massachusetts running from the law moves to......... where else....... FL (Sarasota) and molests 25-30 kids the program stated. What a pervert.

I just had to point that out. Point proven and now back to topic. Sorry.
But the same thing happens all over the country. Look at the crazy religious cult kid touchers in Utah, Arkansas, Waco. A foster father went to jail in Upstate NY for raping several foster children in his care. The whack job pizza guy that kidnapped the boy and held/abused him for years until the guy kidnapped a second boy. The Boston priest scandal.

And the recent waterpark molestations in the Orlando area were almost all done by people who are not residents of this area.

I wish Florida would enact a law that states that if a person travels to Florida and commits a sex crime, they face a double penalty. And it would be better yet if the state that they are a citizen of had to pay for their incarceration here.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You ask also whats with the traffic cops??

I think they are scared, wouldn't you be in a place like this? Not too long ago they were shooting people on I'4, I mean the other drivers, there were like 4 shootings in 10 days.

Love living here, hate driving here.
Shootings and traffic laws have nothing to do with each other. The cops aren't scared, they are more worried about getting the bad guys off the street so there won't be shootings. And 99,99% of the people involved in shootings are just other gangbangers. Frankly I'd like to build a giant wall around Paramore or the Texas Ave/Americana area and say have at it. The last one alive gets a one way ticket to jail, the rest of 'em? Well, let's say a little gene pool cleansing was taken care of.

This BS of keeping gang members in jail away from each other is stupid. Let them at each other. They want to be big men? Let them. Just dont interfere until the taxpayer no longer needs to pay for their room and board.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well then blame Florida and the lax laws here. People drive here with no car insurance and suspended DLs, because FL unlike other states will not impound cars.

They let seniors here renew their DL over the phone, no road or eye test.

We had a family member tboned by an elderly driver didn't even know she hit a car. Our relative left by ambulance and the car was totaled. Her car needed to be towed as well, and her only concern was how she was getting home. The cop didn't even bother to write down that she should be evaluated. Way too lax here.

Why do you think lowlifes head down here? Could it be the way the state is run? FL has been profiled a few times on shows like 48 Hours and Dateline for inept police work. In fact the Hollywood, FL police totally botched up the Adam Walsh case.

Is someone who is on the wrong side of the law going to stay in a state with tough laws or go somewhere where they can bond out of jail quickly and do another crime.

They arrested a guy from Jacksonville awhile back for trying to steal from a store and attacking the female security guard, he had 12 priors. I'm from CA, three stikes your out.

Just read another story of guy getting arrested on his 5th DUI, again in most states you lose your DL and then get a restricted DL after your first DUI.

FL creates a haven for criiminals and those who have no regard for road safety and following the rules because they get a slap on the wrist here.
I agree - the laws should be much stiffer so these low lifes will stay where they are and not run and hide out in FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando