Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 10:03 AM

64 posts, read 225,789 times

Advertisements

I'm from NJ and not really too familiar with the area, but definitely want to move to Florida in a few years. I heard good things about Windermere, Winter Springs, Lake Mary, and Oviedo. Any suggestions/ideas on nice neighborhoods? Places I should stay away from? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Things to consider:
- we are a young family. I have an almost 2 year old and another on the way.
- looking for a nice, artsy area with lots of culture
- would like a community center nearby, fitness facilities, good shopping (organic groceries if possible)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
More info please. Price range, sq footage, size yard, etc. Otherwise, your choices are good. It also depends where you work.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Looking for a 4 bedroom home in the 300s. As for sq footage, I'm flexible. Just enough room for a family of 4 (maybe 5), a room that could be turned into an office would be helpful. Two car garage. We both work from home.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:45 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,697,701 times
look into winter park

Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM

181 posts, read 687,601 times
Lots of newer and brand new homes, in this price range, in Windermere, along 535, going from Winter Garden down to Disneyworld.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:38 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,555 times
I"d Check out Summerport, Lakes of Windermere, and a few other's along 535 in Windermere.

Tuskawilla and a few other neighborhoods along Tuskawilla Rd in Winter Springs.

Heathrow and Timicuan in Lake Mary would be top of the list.

Oviedo is getting a bit further from community centers, but not too far a drive....Live Oak, Sanctuary, and along Lockwood might make the list.

Dr. Phillips would be on the upper end of the price range depending on size but would also be near top of the list with proximity to all the entertainment/shopping/restaurants you could ever want along with parks and recreation centers. Bay Hill, Diamond Cove, Orange Tree, and several others along Apopka-Vineland Rd.

Unfortunately to find a medium to larger size 4 bedroom+ home in the good area's of Winter Park will likely be in the high 300's. Might be able to find a nice house in the Baldwin Park neighborhood though. Winter Park would be the best for culture/artsy area. Another alternative may be College Park just west of Winter Park and close to downtown and thornton park (artsy area's). Older homes but great little town center along Edgewater with great sense of community.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
I"d Check out Summerport, Lakes of Windermere, and a few other's along 535 in Windermere.

Tuskawilla and a few other neighborhoods along Tuskawilla Rd in Winter Springs.

Heathrow and Timicuan in Lake Mary would be top of the list.

Oviedo is getting a bit further from community centers, but not too far a drive....Live Oak, Sanctuary, and along Lockwood might make the list.

Dr. Phillips would be on the upper end of the price range depending on size but would also be near top of the list with proximity to all the entertainment/shopping/restaurants you could ever want along with parks and recreation centers. Bay Hill, Diamond Cove, Orange Tree, and several others along Apopka-Vineland Rd.

Unfortunately to find a medium to larger size 4 bedroom+ home in the good area's of Winter Park will likely be in the high 300's. Might be able to find a nice house in the Baldwin Park neighborhood though. Winter Park would be the best for culture/artsy area. Another alternative may be College Park just west of Winter Park and close to downtown and thornton park (artsy area's). Older homes but great little town center along Edgewater with great sense of community.
Thank you so much - this is definitely the kind of info I was looking for. I see you are a real estate agent...when the time comes, can I contact you regarding looking around the areas and the homes available?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 PM

59 posts, read 249,805 times
if artsy is one of your top priorities, then winter park, and thornton park are pretty much your only two options. Yes, college park has a bit of culture too.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:25 PM

15 posts, read 37,024 times
What are the best apartments as we want to rent first in the area keeping under 850 for 2 br 2 bath

Thanks

also from Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando