Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:45 AM

450 posts, read 1,203,270 times

Advertisements

I am seeing cheap things to do and book like hotels and tickets to the amusement park...is this legit or do you have to invest in a time share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 02:11 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
Yes its timeshare. It's sort of a scam. I suppose if you sit and listen to their crap long enough you might get a few bucks off of a ticket or two and a slight discount on rooms.

First, Disney tickets are really not that expensive - I think they are $55/person. The hotel/motel rates are fairly competitive, because there are so many of them. Look some of you might think that $55 is a lot of money when taking a family of 4 to Disney, and it is. But, compare it to a day of snow skiing (lift ticket, ski boots, skis and other gear), or just about any other day event in any other state, and it's really not that bad.

Why would anyone want to use their hard earned vacation time sitting in a room with well trained con artists to save a few bucks on Disney tickets? You might save $10, but it could cost you $20,000 if you get roped in, not to mention your precious vacation time you waste listening to these vultures.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:52 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,270 times
well it said 3days/2nights for $99 so I though it wasn't bad

Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,278 times
Default hotelcorps DON'T USE THEM

DON'T USE HOTELCORPS. They screwed up my vacation. I was just in Orlando for four days. I told them I wanted two rooms , for myself and my son, for three days. I was not interested in time share, I was not doing a preview and I did not want any free tickets. I just wanted two rooms. They said no problem. I got the email confirming my details, and thought I had nothing to worry about. We were supposed to check in at 4 on Sunday, but we went to Disney instead. I called to tell the hotel, Legacy, that we would check in at about midnight, they said no problem. At about 5pm I get a call from Hotelcorps telling me that my reservation had not been completed and I didn't have a room. I told the lady there must be a mistake because I had talked to the hotel and I had a reservation. I met up with my son and told him, and we decided I better call the hotel back. It turns out, HE had a room, but I didn't. They said they did have rooms available and if hotelcorp sent them a fax, they could book me one. I called hotelcorp back, they said they couldn't do that because THEY didn't have enough allotted rooms but I could call the hotel and make my own reservation. I tried that, they said I would have to talk to the desk person in the morning to make a reservation, or I could have hotelcorp do it. so i call hotelcorp back...after raising cain, the woman finds me another hotel, a suite that 5 people could sleep in but it cost more money.. I tell her to go ahead and book it because my two nieces were upset that I was on the phone and they weren't sure if we were going to have to leave to find a hotel. By now it had been like two hours that I was on the phone. The woman puts me on hold to confirm the second hotel, then gets back on the phone to tell me her supervisor says not to book me at that hotel. I tell her to just cancel my sons room, take it off my credit card, and I'd find my own hotel. She said no. Since there wasn't a problem with my son's they wouldn't cancel his. I get the supervisor on the phone..to make it short, her solution was that I should just leave the kids at the park, go find a hotel, then go back and pick them up. I told her I paid almost 400 dollars for these tickets, my nieces are 10 and 13, and you are telling me that I should just leave the park ..and waste my money and vacation..or just leave two little girls at the park alone...because YOU screwed me up ???? AND...they refused to cancel my son's room, eventhough I made the reservation with MY credit card. needless to say... Hotelcorps is screwed up and I would tell as many people as I can NOT to use them. Luckily, I own a business with about 2000 customers..so I can let them know not to use Hotelcorps or Westgate to make any plans. The Legacy Grand was the Hotel..it wasn't so bad I guess, but the cable didn't work for the four days we were there. I was actually interested in a time share because I will be in Orlando once a month, I just didn't want to do it on this trip because this trip was a vacation for my nieces and we only had four days in Orlando and two days in Cocoa beach. At least I learned what companies NOT to talk to about a time share.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,636 times
Thumbs down Unfair

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST ANYONE USE HOTEL CORPS THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR PEOPLE I HAD EMERGENCY SURGERY AND PROOF OF IT AND THEY INSISTED ON KEEPING MY DAY OF HOTEL MONEY EVENTHOUGH I PERSONALLY SPOKE TO THE MANAGER AT THE HOTEL AND THEY WERENT GOING TO KEEP THE MONEY DUE TO THE SITUATION BUT HOTEL CORP MANAGER ELIJAH F BLAMMED IT ON THE HOTEL AND REFUSED TO REIMBURSE MY MONEY, WHAT COMPASSION.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Yes its timeshare. It's sort of a scam. I suppose if you sit and listen to their crap long enough you might get a few bucks off of a ticket or two and a slight discount on rooms.

First, Disney tickets are really not that expensive - I think they are $55/person. The hotel/motel rates are fairly competitive, because there are so many of them. Look some of you might think that $55 is a lot of money when taking a family of 4 to Disney, and it is. But, compare it to a day of snow skiing (lift ticket, ski boots, skis and other gear), or just about any other day event in any other state, and it's really not that bad.

Why would anyone want to use their hard earned vacation time sitting in a room with well trained con artists to save a few bucks on Disney tickets? You might save $10, but it could cost you $20,000 if you get roped in, not to mention your precious vacation time you waste listening to these vultures.
$55 a ticket? Not since 1998 or so. A one day, one park adult ticket is around $90.

A $55 hotel room is not a place I'd want to stay, let alone take my children to.

That said, there are some legitimate discounts. Obviously there are some really good ones for Florida residents. But for non-residents, try mousesavers dot com or if you are a member, AAA will save you some cash.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBOLLIDA View Post
I WOULD NOT SUGGEST ANYONE USE HOTEL CORPS THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR PEOPLE I HAD EMERGENCY SURGERY AND PROOF OF IT AND THEY INSISTED ON KEEPING MY DAY OF HOTEL MONEY EVENTHOUGH I PERSONALLY SPOKE TO THE MANAGER AT THE HOTEL AND THEY WERENT GOING TO KEEP THE MONEY DUE TO THE SITUATION BUT HOTEL CORP MANAGER ELIJAH F BLAMMED IT ON THE HOTEL AND REFUSED TO REIMBURSE MY MONEY, WHAT COMPASSION.
Why didn't you have travel insurance if missing one day was going to be such a big deal?

Old 07-08-2014, 10:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,952 times
Default Stay away from hotelcorp

They are ruthless and sell you packages that do not include the components they promise .... This is from first and experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando