Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,788,138 times

Advertisements

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Make the most of it... but before you do how about....

Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours?

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been called up for Jury Duty?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions)

Just for Fun:

What's your favorite 'corny' joke?

How About One For the Road:

What song do you have on your mind right now?

Today in History:
1979 - U.S. Skylab enters atmosphere over Australia and disintegrates
1967 - Kenny Rogers forms 1st Edition
1859 - Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" is published
1804 - Burr slays Hamilton in duel

Word of the Day:

aeromancy - \AIR-uh-man-see\ , noun;
1.The prediction of future events from observation of weather conditions.

Today is:
National Convenience Store Day (7/11 - 7 eleven opened 1927)
Marine Corps Creation Day 1798
"To Kill a Mockingbird" Published (1960)
Total Solar Eclipse (2010)
Vegetarian Food Day
Barn Day (Second Sunday In July)
National Cheer Up the Lonely Day
All American Pet Photo Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours?Participated in school spelling bee.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been called up for Jury Duty? Several times.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions) No.

Just for Fun:

What's your favorite 'corny' joke? What did Baby Corn say to Mother Corn?.... Where's Pop Corn?.

How About One For the Road: Skoal.

What song do you have on your mind right now? Georgia.

Last edited by wit-nit; 07-11-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
The race is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post

Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours? Never wear perfume around flowers - bees can get real confused

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been called up for Jury Duty? LOL yeah, but not until I moved here. Never was called when I lived in the States, but within a 1 1/2 year period of time was called twice - good way to get out of jury duty

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions) Nope

Just for Fun:

What's your favorite 'corny' joke? . . . what do you call 10,000 attorneys at the bottom of the ocean? A good start, arh arh arh

What song do you have on your mind right now? Just the sound of birds chirping, with the roosters singing the chorus

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Convenience Store Day (7/11 - 7 eleven opened 1927) no 7/11 but love my little mini supers
Marine Corps Creation Day 1798 Semper Fi!
"To Kill a Mockingbird" Published (1960) Great book
Vegetarian Food Day I could do this - just give me a 10lb baked potato with some corn on the side and a ton of butter. Mmmm
Barn Day (Second Sunday In July) LOL remember my dad saying < in a raised voice > "JOY do you think you live in a barn?!?" actually as clean as he kept it I could have been quite comfortable out there.
National Cheer Up the Lonely Day Can't be lonely with a furbaby

So I absolutely must take new photos of Shredder, but wasn't he just the cutest baby This was right after I adopted him and he was around 5 weeks old. Ahhhh
Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by JustJoy; 07-11-2010 at 06:53 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 06:08 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Today's Question:

Yikes--I don't have a bee story yet. Which only means mine is yet to come!!! Uh oh, I'd better be careful walking near a behive!

Extra Credit Question:

Many times, but I have yet to serve on a trial.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions)

They have a few comedy clubs around here that I've tried. There are a few I've liked but in general if I really want a belly laugh I find just getting out into the world and participating in life makes me laugh more. Coming up with my own jokes makes me laugh more than listening to a professional, guess that makes me a cheap date!

Just for Fun:

Hahaha, this is why I don't work the comedy cricuit. I always have something funny to say... but when I deliberately try to think of a joke, I come up with nada.

That Pina Colada Song has been stuck in my brain ever since yesterday's QOTD.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,609,085 times
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Make the most of it... but before you do how about....

Today's Question:

I was outside and felt something incredibly painful on my face. I instinctively put my hands up over my face, and two more incredibly painful sensations followed. I couldn't figure out I was being stung repeatedly by a wasp to move my hands. That one was not fun.

One of my sisters got into a nest and got several bees in her pant leg. Poor girl! She was screaming her head off.

Extra Credit Question:

No!! Shhhhh! Don't jinx my streak.

Bonus Question:

I saw Dave Chapell in NYC when I lived there. He wasn't famous at the time. He was OK. Not super funny. We saw a few others I don't remember.

I used to go see local comedians every once in a while when I lived in Michigan, too.

Just for Fun:

I am terrible at remembering jokes. Here's about the only one I can remember (cut and pasted from on-line, because I am the world's worst joke-teller)

A man feared his wife wasn't hearing as well as she used to and he thought she might need a hearing aid.
Not quite sure how to approach her, he called the family doctor to discuss the problem.
The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the husband could perform to give the doctor a better idea about her hearing loss.
Here's what you do," said the Doctor, "stand about 40 feet away from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get a response."
That evening, the wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner, and he was in the den. He says to himself, "I'm about 40 feet away, let's see what happens."
Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?"
No response.
So the husband moves closer to the kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Honey, what's for dinner?"
Still no response.
Next he moves into the dining room where he is about 20 feet from his wife and asks, "Honey,
what's for dinner?"
Again he gets no response.
So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away.. "Honey, what's for dinner?"
Again there is no response.
So he walks right up behind her... "Honey, what's for dinner?"

"Ralph,

for THE FIFTH time, CHICKEN!"

La la la la, la la la la, Elmo's World Ugh! Help!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,783 times
Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours? I don't have one I just read Nitram's response, and now I have a story. I also participated in the Spelling Bee at school

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been called up for Jury Duty? Twice. I got out of the first one because I said that I had to work. They accepted that excuse, but told me that I had to serve the next time I was asked, which was 6 mos later. However, I couldn't serve then because I was in the process of moving out of the state.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions) Nope

What song do you have on your mind right now? I was just listening to the radio. I heard the song "I swear" by All 4 One. So, that's the winner.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:23 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours?I caught them in canning jars as a kid to play with. Wanted them to make me some honey.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever been called up for Jury Duty? Yes

Bonus Question:

Have you ever gone to see any local comedians in your area? (and I don't mean family reunions) No

Just for Fun:

What song do you have on your mind right now? None

Today in History:
1979 - U.S. Skylab enters atmosphere over Australia and disintegrates
1967 - Kenny Rogers forms 1st Edition
1859 - Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" is published
1804 - Burr slays Hamilton in duel

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Convenience Store Day (7/11 - 7 eleven opened 1927)
"To Kill a Mockingbird" Published (1960)
Vegetarian Food Day
Barn Day (Second Sunday In July)
National Cheer Up the Lonely Day

Old 07-11-2010, 06:23 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,095,161 times
Today's Question:

We've been on a quest to attract bees, so I guess my stories all have to do with the lengths I am willing to go to to grow certain plants just because they attract bees.

Extra Credit Question:

When I was younger I served on a jury but ever since I published my murder mystery they never ask me to serve on trials anymore. I'm not sure if they think I would be prejudiced or if they're afraid I'm looking for research material.

Bonus Question:

I go to see Jay Leno fairly often. A lot of the other comedians don't seem that funny to me. You want to know who makes me laugh? The kids in my neighborhood and my dog.

Just for Fun:

"Here Comes the Sun!" because it is a really pretty morning here.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:25 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Thanks for doing the QOTD GG but there's only one problem....it's Sunday, not Saturday.
Today's Question:

Everyone has a bee story. What's yours?My brother had the bright idea to yell into the top portion of a swingset when we were little and with mouth wide open he received a mouthful of bees who were making their home in the swing. Just one of the many stuupid things he did. I personally don't have any stupid bee stories but I've been stung many times.

Extra Credit Question:

Yes I have but I never got called to actually serve on a jury....just a lot of waiting around for a whole week

Bonus Question:

We used to have comedy clubs back in the day and I did go a few times but we don't have any comedy clubs any longer

Just for Fun:

Sorry, I don't remember jokes, especially corny ones because my Dad was full of them and I blocked them out

Well now I have "on the road again" in my head

Today is:
National Convenience Store Day (7/11 - 7 eleven opened 1927)...well they are convenient
Marine Corps Creation Day 1798.........................
"To Kill a Mockingbird" Published (1960).............excellent book and movie
Total Solar Eclipse (2010)...................................
Vegetarian Food Day..........................................I can't think of food right now
Barn Day (Second Sunday In July)......................
National Cheer Up the Lonely Day......................great idea
.........................I need some good photos of my pets

Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,214,720 times

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics