Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,680,952 times

Advertisements

Morning and happy Pick your peeve day

I got a double peeve today. Been thinking of the one but thought it was used not long ago so I'm throwing another in.
so Pick you peeve.

People invite guest for dinner then leave their false teeth on the table while cooking.

blind followers......See this in CD too. One persons says oh I"m gonna.........and before you know it theres a tribe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 05:22 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,053,608 times
LMAO - sorry, but I'm just picturing in my mind walking into someone's house, glancing over at the dining room table and seeing a pair of choppers LOL I'm dying here

Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 AM

36,444 posts, read 16,048,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post

I got a double peeve today. Been thinking of the one but thought it was used not long ago so I'm throwing another in.
so Pick you peeve.

People invite guest for dinner then leave their false teeth on the table while cooking.

blind followers......See this in CD too. One persons says oh I"m gonna.........and before you know it theres a tribe.
Morning EM!! Say what Never had the first one happen.
Don't really understand the second one on CD, I mean the idea is to join in the fun of someone's idea or question or statement, right

Okay I need more coffee

Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
LMAO - sorry, but I'm just picturing in my mind walking into someone's house, glancing over at the dining room table and seeing a pair of choppers LOL I'm dying here
Laughter is the best medicine. Is funny but also disgusting. By the time we sat down to eat, I couldn't take a bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Morning EM!! Say what Never had the first one happen.
Don't really understand the second one on CD, I mean the idea is to join in the fun of someone's idea or question or statement, right

Okay I need more coffee
The second one is just blind followers.

And I really didnt' think anyone had an experience with the first.
But I did. Unbelievable.
Even happened in a restaurant. She just whipped them out of her mouth and held them in her hands. Started swinging them a little too.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:01 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,395,090 times
Quote:

That's just plain nasty.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:22 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,750,559 times
Ewwwwww that is just gross...have never seen that thank goodness.

The second one ... I guess to me when someone tells a story on CD or start a conversation a lot of people can either relate or it jogs a memory or story.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,109,207 times
Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

cute caladium

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Ewwwwww that is just gross...have never seen that thank goodness.

The second one ... I guess to me when someone tells a story on CD or start a conversation a lot of people can either relate or it jogs a memory or story.
it is gross and extremely nasty. we experience this with Mr EM's cousin and her hubby in florida a few years ago. Haven't been back since. Were invited down to their winter home for a week.
Nice of them but oh my God.....I think I lost some weight that week due to loss of appetite.
I had said something to DH about it meaning for her to hear me cuz I was so disgusted.
Then we all went to a restaurant and I took something off my husbands plate. The false teeth swinger says.....Oh that is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Taking food from someones plate makes me ill. I just looked at the bubble brain.
Apples and oranges.
False teeth sitting on the kitchen table or reaching of to take a french fry off someones plate???

Her husband doesn't use deodorant either. another story....another day.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:41 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,249,764 times
I've never had it happen....but I doubt it would bother me all that much. It's just teeth.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,907,468 times
Quote:
some people fail at doing some "critical thinking" on their own. It's easier to just be negative and follow a lie about a subject than to "think" for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics