Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,139,917 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday

Today is school day !! I really missed the kids last week

A few of you have asked about what I teach.
Our volunteer program teaches hands on science in classes at schools where the majority of the students come from low socio-economic backgrounds. A wonderful part of the program is teaching nutrition by teaching the kids how to grow vegetables and fruits and enjoy them.
We also bring different fruits & veggies into classroom for the kids to try
lol Yeah that means this "selective eater" gets stuck trying them too I tried the "I will wait to make sure everyone can have seconds" line

So know that you know what I do on "School Wednesdays" and why I am always in rush to get to the school, I better hurry up and ask

Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ?

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?

Curious Minds Question:
In honor of "gas Mask Day"

When was the last time you wish you had one ?

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.
1914 - Garrett Morgan invents and patents gas mask
1947 - "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" premieres
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium

Word of the Day:

triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\ , noun:
1. Fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day
Gas Mask Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,712 times
All right...I made the pole position for once.

Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ?
How do they get the lead inside pencils?

Bonus Question:

I am the "Super Snoozer". Whenever I go for a drive I almost always pull over somewhere and take a nap. Once last year I was driving from New Jersey to Baltimore. It usually takes me about 2 hours. I pulled into a rest stop for a short snooze. I woke up 3 hours later

Extra Credit Question:
Yesterday a few folks answered I have a few pairs of jeans I hope to fit back into, So it made me curious

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ?
Nope

Curious Minds Question:

Earlier this year I had to ride a flight that was carrying 300 goats.

Just for Fun:

Can't say that I have.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 10-13-2010 at 05:03 AM..

4,348 posts, read 7,360,922 times
Today's Question(s):

I have been looking up how to make cheese, and find it to be interesting. Found out cheese was first developed in 6000 BC.

Bonus Question:

I think I may be in the wrong category, no super power here.

Extra Credit Question:

Yes I do, Style never bother me as I think most of my clothes don’t change like women’s do. I have a few sweaters I like which I save, and I even have rescued a few sweaters Mrs. Cncracer was sending to good will from her collection which I like on her and will save till they are acceptable again. As for size I keep a sixe larger and smaller as I shift back and forth. I think I am now headed back to the smaller size which is where I would like to be.

Curious Minds Question:

I have one in storage. It is not for any chemical warfare issues, but to take in work environments if needed.

Just for Fun:

I think I have, Mrs. Cncracer has tried lots of English foods, and all I think I am missing is blood pudding.

Today in History:

1792 - The cornerstone of what was termed the President’s House was laid by George Washington in Washington, DC. The name, White House, was not officially adopted until 1902. The house, designed by James Hoban, would be three stories tall with more than 100 rooms.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
My dog will like this day, he seems to think it is his job year round.
Pet peeve Day
It's Train Your Brain Day:
This should be every day
Gas Mask Day

Last edited by cncracer; 10-13-2010 at 05:04 AM..

8,394 posts, read 3,491,600 times
Today's Question(s):

I've never really been curious about how things are made or how they work. I'm much more interested in how the human brain works.

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:
(I was one of those people!)... so

... yes!! I did, however, throw a lot of them out a few weeks ago when I realised some of them will never fit again. Grrrr.

Curious Minds Question:

When I was married to my first husband.

Just for Fun:

Yes, hundreds of times. In fact, I had it for dinner (with roast beef) just last night! I'm well known among my friends for making the best Yorkshire Pud they've ever had ... it's one of my few claims to fame in the kitchen department! It's really not hard - main trick is cold ingredients/hot oven.

Hope everyone has a Wild Wednesday (in the best possible way of course)!

Last edited by Kobber; 10-13-2010 at 05:04 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 04:53 AM

Woohoo I have a few extra minutes lol maybe because to got up at 5 !!!

So I have time for early answers to

Today's Question(s):

The "pop n fresh" biscuits in the can

I though about this last night as I was trying to pop open the pop-n-fresh can

lol now you know how I come up with some of my really strange questions

Bonus Question:

Asking questions

And Fundraising

Extra Credit Question:

Yeah on the fit again
I also have this terrific beaded dress from the late 80's that was around $1000. so I kept it thinking one of these days lol

Curious Minds Question:

The other day we gave the "kids" smoked pig ears. Whew the little guy was a gas machine after eating his

Just for Fun:

Yes I love love love it !!! I really need to make some soon

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
some one is getting an early start today:
lol I know the dogs decided "mom" needed to get up at 5
They woke "dad" at 4 so it was my turn

Old 10-13-2010, 05:16 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,109,207 times
Gas Mask Day????? Uh oh, that sounds ominous. Am I about to encounter a family of skunks?

Today's Question(s):

Pantyhose.

Bonus Question:

I'm able to answer QOTD in a single leap!

Curious Minds Question:

Hopefully, not today!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ?[/b]

Nope.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:24 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,342,451 times
Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made"?

Can't really think of anything.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower "!!?

Being cranky.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again?

I try not to; we don't have enough storage in this house even for things that are in daily use, let alone hanging on to things I can't use.

Curious Minds Question:

When was the last time you wish you had one?

That happens any time our cat gets into something containing grains. He's very fond of crackers, but he can't digest any grains at all. When he does sneak a nibble of cracker, the wheat starts fermenting when it reaches his gut, and the result is unquestionably the nastiest, foulest, most appalling gas I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. He's been known to clear an entire houseful of people on a snowy January day when he gets going.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding?

Yup, nearly four decades ago, when I visited England.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 AM

16,907 posts, read 16,148,303 times
Today's Question(s):
Not sure if you have seen it,but there is a TV show on the Science Channel called "How it's Made". It shows how everyday objects that people use are made. Never heard of it.

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Computer games.

Bonus Question:
I have supernatural powers.

Extra Credit Question:
Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? No and I don't acknowledge "style".

Curious Minds Question:
I do have one.

Just for Fun:
I grew up having it for dinner, I make it often enough and I make it
very well...from scratch and without reading a recipe. (Well...I'm proud of it because it always comes out perfect.)

Today in History:
Who gives a rat's a$$.
1963 - Phrase "Beatlemania" is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium So?

Word of the Day:
I hope you got the spelling right or else "Fred", the anal grammar
idiot will disapprove...

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day ...pass the gravy, please! And I think I'll have few more slices of that lovely roast!
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day
Gas Mask Day

Good job, KwakkyKarla; good day to you and all our big family!

Last edited by rainroosty; 10-13-2010 at 05:45 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,685,451 times
Good morning everyone

Happy Wednesday

Today is school day !! I really missed the kids last week

A few of you have asked about what I teach.
Our volunteer program teaches hands on science in classes at schools where the majority of the students come from low socio-economic backgrounds. A wonderful part of the program is teaching nutrition by teaching the kids how to grow vegetables and fruits and enjoy them.
We also bring different fruits & veggies into classroom for the kids to try
lol Yeah that means this "selective eater" gets stuck trying them too I tried the "I will wait to make sure everyone can have seconds" line

So know that you know what I do on "School Wednesdays" and why I am always in rush to get to the school, I better hurry up and ask

Today's Question(s):

So, what everyday items(s) are you curious about and want to know "How it's made" ? Micro chips.

Bonus Question:

What is your "superpower " !! ? I can nap anywhere.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you have clothes in your closet that you keep hoping to either lose a few pounds or that they will come back "in style" so you can wear them again ? No

Curious Minds Question:

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Yorkshire Pudding ? Not knowingly.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Peanut Day
Squirrel Awareness Day
Pet peeve Day I have a few.
Gas Mask Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics