Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 04:36 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,153,568 times

Advertisements

I still have my cat but what also is happening is that my woodpeckers are now a big family; the oldest ones teach the youngest ones to come take the peanuts from my hand by the tree.

~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend?

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)?

~ __________ is good to eat.

~ __________ is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish?

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping:

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.)

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often!

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home?

~ Red __________.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently?

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me?

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood?

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors).

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something?

*** Oh, my Michaelangelo's frozen manicotti sucked. My Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed potatoes was very, very good last night! Thanks for coming and forgiving me for my lack of attendance. I don't get that understanding in my real life so you all are the best! ***

*** Have a great today and weekend! *** EAT! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 05:15 AM

30,594 posts, read 16,276,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I still have my cat but what also is happening is that my woodpeckers are now a big family; the oldest ones teach the youngest ones to come take the peanuts from my hand by the tree.

Cool!

sounds good. You've inspired me.

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)?
oil I guess. Only had it a month so nothing immediate.

~ ___Chocolate_______ is good to eat.

~ _Green stuff_________ is pretty crappy to eat.

only one, years ago. Don't know what kind it was but it was smaller than my hand. I let it go.

a 5cd disc player. Love it!

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.)
never had one.

yup. way too often.

yea but curb side pick up only.

~ Red _herring_________.

not recently

good luck with that. Not impressed by any of them.

rarely

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors).

guess you could press flowers but even real ones look fake (to me) if they're flattened like that.

seen it done but never did

*** Oh, my Michaelangelo's frozen manicotti sucked. My Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed potatoes was very, very good last night! Thanks for coming and forgiving me for my lack of attendance. I don't get that understanding in my real life so you all are the best! ***

have to try that, roosty.
Grouches are their own punishment if that's any consolation.

Old 04-30-2021, 05:45 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,931,673 times
Good morning to all!

No, not my thing.

Oil change is due this weekend.

~ __Raisin Bran Crunch________ is good to eat.

~ __Fast food breakfast________ is pretty crappy to eat.

Yes, but I don't eat fish, so it's catch and release.

Dog food

I don't know what these are.

We get the occasional spider crawling around.

Less than 5 miles.

~ Red __Sky at Night (The Fixx)________.

Not since last year.

I have an iPhone 11 and a Galaxy 9. They're ok.

Every now and then.

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors)..
Not sure... I'm not very artistic.

As a kid we used to burn leaves with a magnifying glass.

Thanks for the QOTD. Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 04-30-2021, 05:54 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
I still have my cat but what also is happening is that my woodpeckers are now a big family; the oldest ones teach the youngest ones to come take the peanuts from my hand by the tree. That sounds like fun!

~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend? I would! I never remember which recipe I like the best, so sometimes it comes out better than others.

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? We’re due for an oil change in 2000 miles.

~ ____Spaghetti and meatballs______ is good to eat.

~ ___Fast food_______ is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? Sure

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: I think it was powdered heavy cream and buttermilk from Amazon.

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) Never heard of that, but we have Turvis Tumblers.

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! I get lots of cobwebs, but don’t see the spiders much.

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? Yes, about a mile.

~ Red ____River Valley______.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? Nope

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me? Apple iPhone

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? Once in awhile. The police chief lives two houses away, and the former police chief lives a street away.

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors). I have flowers and berries, so I guess so.

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? Sure

*** Oh, my Michaelangelo's frozen manicotti sucked. My Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed potatoes was very, very good last night! Thanks for coming and forgiving me for my lack of attendance. I don't get that understanding in my real life so you all are the best! *** Get some Marie Callender Pot Pies. They’re always good.

*** Have a great today and weekend! *** EAT! *** Back at ya.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:14 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,436,095 times

Naw.

It’s good for now.

~ Gummy bears are good to eat.

~ Nail polish is pretty crappy to eat.

Once at my grandparent’s place when I was little. I didn’t want to touch it. I had them throw it back.

Today I’m expecting shoes.

Never heard of it.

All the time.

Yes.

~ Red Scare.

We’re having storms today.

I like Apple but I’m not saying it’s the best. It’s just what I’m used to.

In phases.

Yes.

I’ve attempted it.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:24 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times
I still have my cat but what also is happening is that my woodpeckers are now a big family; the oldest ones teach the youngest ones to come take the peanuts from my hand by the tree. Cool!

~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend? Yes

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? Probably an oil change

~ pizza___ is good to eat.

~ oysters ____ is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? Yes

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: a glass loaf pan

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) yes

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! Yes

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? One block away from my house

~ Red riding hood ___.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? Yes, very high wind but no power outage.

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me? iPhone

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? No

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? Yes, when I was a kid

*** Have a great today and weekend! *** EAT! **

Old 04-30-2021, 06:29 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,095,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I still have my cat but what also is happening is that my woodpeckers are now a big family; the oldest ones teach the youngest ones to come take the peanuts from my hand by the tree. Beautiful

~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend? No thank you

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? It had a checkup recently

~ lentil soup is good to eat.

~ Mussels is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? In my childhood I caught a fish, cried and my uncle set it free again

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: Son ordered new ink for my printer

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) Never saw them

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! Usually early spring and late autumn

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? No

~ Red cherries.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? No power outage but gusty winds

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me? Pixel 2 XL

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? No

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors). Marigolds or dandelions,roses,fennel,red cabbage,beets,blueberries and more....

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? No

THANK YOU roosty

Old 04-30-2021, 06:51 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,790,388 times
~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend?not me, thanks

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? register

~ Detroit style pizza is good to eat.

~ tuna is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? years ago, trout

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: bandsaw blades

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) not sure

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! I killed one 8 minutes ago, in the kitchen

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? another town 7 miles away

~ Red tomato.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? few weeks ago, but have a generator

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me?happy with straight talk

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? not ehre

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors).pine cones

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? when i was a kid

Old 04-30-2021, 08:11 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,662 posts, read 81,403,499 times
~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend? Yes, I would!

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? Working from home now I'm going 6 months between oil changes. I do need to service the batteries on our travel trailer before we take it out in June.

~ _Pizza_________ is good to eat.

~ __Liver________ is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? Many, mostly blue gills/crappie as a kid, later bass, trout, catfish and walleye.

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: A new Fitbit band

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) Never heard of them.

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! Just yesterday, often in spring and fall.

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? A little over 2 miles.

~ Red _Green_________.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? Not since January.

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me? Iphone xR

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? Very rarely

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors). Grape vines to make sculptures

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? Many times as a kid

Old 04-30-2021, 08:51 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,832,120 times

~ Wouldn't you like some Sloppy Joes this weekend? Nah, too warm this weekend.

~ What should you do next for your vehicle: oil maintenance or battery maintenance (or both)? I ordered oil filter, fuel filters and other parts for my pickup. Time to do an oil change on my pickup.

~Beef is good to eat.

~ Lutefisk is pretty crappy to eat.

~ Have you ever caught any fish? Yes

~ The last thing you had delivered from online shopping: Coffee mug. Arriving today oil filter, fuel filters and oil additive.

~ Any of you like 'Texan Tumblers'? (They are terrific drinking glass thingies.) Does it keep hot things hot and cold things cold?

~ Do you ever find a spider in your home? I do...too often! Yes.

~ Is your local library pretty close to your home? Besides the one I have? Yes, there is a public library less than a mile from here. I have been thinking about putting up a free library in front of the house.

~ Red Rum.

~ Have you had a storm or power outage recently? The high winds a month ago caused the power to blink off at work.

~ Can you please recommend a cell phone for me? iPhone 12 Pro.

~ Do you often see police cars patrolling your neighborhood? Yes.

~ Things...plants, flowers, fruits...anything natural that can be gathered outdoors...that you could use to make colored pictures or some other art: (example: berries to make brushable colors). Not my forte.

~ Have you ever used a magnifying lens to burn something? Yes.

*** Oh, my Michaelangelo's frozen manicotti sucked. My Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed potatoes was very, very good last night! Thanks for coming and forgiving me for my lack of attendance. I don't get that understanding in my real life so you all are the best! *** I like the lasagna

I have some chicken thighs that I need to cook up. Have some grilled pork loin I fixed the other day that needs to be finished off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics