Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,944,048 times

Advertisements

Let me put it this way...it should be "work at home" if other I'm shocked! My final answer!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,463,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I found two answers for this one. One was talking about people in the USA and the answer was take their pet to work.

The other was from Australia and it was IT workers only and they would take a pay cut if they could work from home. I agree with them because my husband did that for about the last three years he worked on computers. What was really funny was the first day he worked from home he dressed just like he had when he was in the field and the last day he worked from home he was wearing socks and shorts only--no shirt or shoes. LOL We saved a bundle because dry cleaning his pants was no longer necessary.

But my final answer is "take pet to work." The answer I found when I researched this was from a wider range of people.

This is the first question I have had to guess at. The others questions brought up only one answer to the question.

I found it interesting that a lot of people would take a pay cut if their jobs were more secure or their friends would not lose their jobs. Shorter work week makes a lot of sense since you would need fewer clothes and gas if you did your hours in 4 days. My daughter is a nurse and has 12 hour shifts. I find that scary.

Final answer: Take pet to work.
I wanted to send you a private direct message, but you've got your settings set to not receive any from people on here I guess.

NCN... we all know the answers can be found on the internet to the questions I ask you on here. Where do you think I GET the questions??? The FUN is in GUESSING, not looking up the answer. I have posted this request about 4 times now on this thread. If you insist on looking up the answers, please don't post them. It ruins the fun for everyone else. Thank-you.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,303,867 times
I'm going to say bring your kids to work or having on site paid daycare which is the same thing. I know some places have day cares but I don't know if it's free. That would've been a huge burden off of my shoulders if I could've taken my kids right to work with me and know they are safe; also with the ability to go check on them during the day etc...

Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,044,921 times
Have more flexible work hours. I know someone who works in a place that allows their employees "flex-time" instead of the traditional 8AM to 5PM job. She can work 6 to 3, 9 to 6, 10 to 6 with no lunch, etc. Her employer doesn't care as long as she gets her work done and puts in 40 hours per week. She loves it!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
I'm going to say bring your kids to work or having on site paid daycare which is the same thing. I know some places have day cares but I don't know if it's free. That would've been a huge burden off of my shoulders if I could've taken my kids right to work with me and know they are safe; also with the ability to go check on them during the day etc...

This should be high on the list of those who could make use of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Have more flexible work hours. I know someone who works in a place that allows their employees "flex-time" instead of the traditional 8AM to 5PM job. She can work 6 to 3, 9 to 6, 10 to 6 with no lunch, etc. Her employer doesn't care as long as she gets her work done and puts in 40 hours per week. She loves it!
Yes, I think most all of us would love this situation.I know i would have.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,924,625 times
I'll go into work everyday if the "boss" will work from home instead! lol

Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,558,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post
Work from home: final answer
My final final answer is bringing pets to work!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:33 PM

The Nearly Impossible Question for Wednesday, February 2, 2011 is:
32% of workers say they would take a pay cut if they could do this. What is it?

Sort of a trick Question as only 32 % would take a pay cut to do it! Could be anything...
as for being able to do their work at home figures would likely approach 100%!!

I've loved my pets but would certainly not take a pay cut to bring them to work. Nor can I believe any employer would consider such an offer/option. Of course we all know there's an answer to match about anything you can imagine on the net. My final answer stands! Love it or leave it!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-02-2011 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-02-2011, 07:51 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,147,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
The Nearly Impossible Question for Wednesday, February 2, 2011 is:
32% of workers say they would take a pay cut if they could do this. What is it?

Sort of a trick Question as only 32 % would take a pay cut to do it! Could be anything...
as for being able to do their work at home figures would likely approach 100%!!

I've loved my pets but would certainly not take a pay cut to bring them to work. Nor can I believe any employer would consider such an offer/option. Of course we all know there's an answer to match about anything you can imagine on the net. My final answer stands! Love it or leave it!

Huh???

Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Huh???
CryBaby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics