Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 10:08 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Nobody tests our patience and parenting skills more than teenagers. I really wish for more simple times. The world is just moving far too fast. I think it is really hard to parent teenagers today. I had no choice but to respect my parents' rules. I understood it was their roof I was living under. I didn't want for much because there wasn't all of this rampant consumerism.: I understood that if I didn't follow the rules there would be consequences, but we didn't spend hours and hours debating like the kids today do about rights, or missing out or blah, blah. I really feel for you sun.
I know u do. U have stated the situation so well. My youngest teen is such a good kid... We have minor issues, he usually doesn't frustrate me. He is so kind, considerate helpful. Now he has social filtering issues meaning he says exactly what he thinks and does not understand why some people are put off by it, but we are working on it. I was so hoping I wouldn't have teenage adversity with him, but he angered me today in a way that has me scared. What if he puts me through the same BS his brother does. NO that is impossible right

PS I am seriously hoping I have one practically perfect kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,976 times
Default Tell us one thing we don't know about you

I had a pet sparrow for 7 years, his name was Goofy bird, I found him when he fell out of a nest. he was cool he followed me where ever I went in the house, he played hide and seek in a paper towel roll and a few time when I forgot to close his cage I would wake up and he was asleep on the pillow next to me bet ya didn't know that did ya?

Old 06-02-2011, 05:33 AM

I am baking homemade breakfast cookies: oatmeal with spices and nuts, some with cranberries others w/raisins.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:26 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,919,832 times
I had a hamster Sparky that I really had an affinity and great love for. A hamsters life-span is generally 2-2 and a half years.

Well, I had him for 2 years and then I took a trip to England for 5 months and left him in the care of my mother. Well TMALSS, he escaped while I was gone and I was grief stricken because I DID really love the adorable little guy (I know a lot of people would consider loving a hamster silly but too bad lol).

Anyhoo, during my remaining time in England I called home to check to see if Sparky had come back. The answer was always no.

Fast forward 1 and a half years later I'm back home and walking down the street one warm summer night with my husband when he points and says to me "Look, there's a hamster !".

Yes. It was my Sparky alright. Somehow i think he remembered me & my voice and there he was walking alongside next to us in the grass next to the sidewalk. He had a few grey hairs and was weak and thin but very much alive.

I couldn't believe it. I went to pick him up and he just sat there in my hand looking at me. He had lived far past his general lifespan and found me again and all I could think was "what are the chances of THIS happening ?".

Apparently the newspaper thought it was amazing as well. Because when I called them with my story, they came over that day and took our picture and posted the story in our local paper.

Sadly, Sparky passed away one night about 3 months later. I'll always feel that he had found me and was happy again and so now could go to Rainbow Bridge.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,047,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I am baking homemade breakfast cookies: oatmeal with spices and nuts, some with cranberries others w/raisins.
I'm planning a quick trip to Arizona cause I need to give SQ's cookies a quality check!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm planning a quick trip to Arizona cause I need to give SQ's cookies a quality check!
Hey I would make u a big mess of cookies, but try to come before it gets too hot. I am sure a cali girl can't deal with the extreme heat I think u should move to San Diego then I will come do the visiting.

Sometimes I get to chatting w/my friends on a thread and forget what to post. Now I bet that is something no one knew. LOL

Old 06-03-2011, 11:45 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,047,425 times
I'm graduating from Bible College in a few weeks.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM

16,699 posts, read 17,470,117 times
When I was born the doctors noticed that my eyes were not level.

My parents called me Isaiah.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:53 PM

3,981 posts, read 2,581,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm graduating from Bible College in a few weeks.
What a great accomplishment. Am I invited to the ceremony? Really, that is wonderful.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 PM

3,981 posts, read 2,581,977 times
I love drawing on the paint brush screen in Accessories and creating art from my photographs. Here is one of my drawings... notice the missing bike riders! They were going so fast, they fell off!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics