Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 AM

782 posts, read 1,111,860 times

Advertisements

Good morning, though guess technically it’s still evening in some parts of CD land

Let’s go ahead and get the weekend started with . . .
Today's Questions:
In honor of “National Family Volunteer Day”,

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it.
I volunteered at the local VA hospital when I was going to school several years ago. They let me do things like make empty beds, read to patients, pass water..innane stuff that the aids don't really have time to do.

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
I would keep my contribution local and help with stuff like literacy, working at a food bank....

Bonus Question:
I just read this headline tonight: “NY man wearing ‘I’m Drunk’ shirt accused of DWI”
so I wanted to ask,

What’s the funniest or just unbelievable T-shirt you’ve seen someone wearing?
I've seen alot of silly t-shirts but none come to mind at the moment.

Do you have a funny or ‘unusual’ T-Shirt? What does it say?
I I have a t-shirt that on the front has 4 cats standing in a row and on the back is the hind end of the same 4 cats standing in a row.

Just for fun:
Grab the book (or magazine) nearest to you - turn to page 15 and find line 7
<no rush, so take your time >

What does it say?
where she used to work with him before Trudi's birth.

Today in History:

1794 - Jay Treaty, 1st U.S. extradition treaty, signed with Great Britain
1861 - Julia Ward Howe committed "Battle Hymn of the Republic" to paper
1863 - Lincoln delivers his address in Gettysburg; "4 score and 7 years..."
1970 - Golden Gate Park Conservatory becomes a California state historical landmark

Word of the Day:
Charitable/ˈCHaritəbəl/Adj:
(1) Of or relating to the assistance of those in need.
(2) (Of an organization or activity) Officially recognized as devoted to the assistance of those in need.

Today is:
National Soda Pop Day
Play Monopoly Day
National Family Volunteer Day

Have a stupendous weekend and,
I couldn't have said it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 12:32 AM

44,709 posts, read 61,920,721 times
Today's Questions:

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it. Currently with the MS Society, block watch, neighborhood elderly aid, plus I volunteerily pay my taxes.

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do? I would go to the Falkland Islands and release those frisky little penquins from their tyranny because of those tourists that are constantly getting too close for comfort taking pictures of us undressed. Yes us, I'm the penquin man.

Bonus Question:
I just read this headline tonight: “NY man wearing ‘I’m Drunk’ shirt accused of DWI”
so I wanted to ask,

What’s the funniest or just unbelievable T-shirt you’ve seen someone wearing? Funniest would be the wife wearing "I'm with Stupid>.

Do you have a funny or ‘unusual’ T-Shirt? What does it say? I'm the Stupid one...

Just for fun:
Grab the book (or magazine) nearest to you - turn to page 15 and find line 7<no rush, so take your time >

What does it say? ...as we passionately kiss she feverishly runs her fingers down my chest, slowly unbuttoning my shirt, my heart beats faster and faster I start to...

It's Saturday, enjoy the moment...

Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 AM

39,095 posts, read 23,090,035 times
Today's Questions:

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it. A long time ago, I did data entry for the local sheriff's department, entering the deputies' report logs into their local computer database. I also volunteered for a number of different church ministries.

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do? Maybe do what one of my former co-workers did and teach English somewhere in Europe, like Italy or Romania.

Bonus Question:
so I wanted to ask,

One of the male supervisors at a company I worked for back in the early 90s had a T-shirt that read, "D.A.D. - Dads Against Diapers. It's not just a job--it's a doody."

I got rid of all those T-shirts already.

Just for fun:

What does it say?
And they didn't ask for anything in return except, "What are we going to do with our time?"

Have a nice weekend!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:35 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,657,168 times
Today's Questions:

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it.
No I've never had the time or resources to volunteer

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
I'd probably stay here at home and volunteer at a soup kitchen

Bonus Question:
so I wanted to ask,

I've seen some bizarre ones but I couldn't tell ya what they said right now

no, just run of the mill t-shirts

Just for fun:

What does it say? Photo Op: Webster, NY

Today is:
National Soda Pop Day..................I prefer soft drink
Play Monopoly Day........................takes too long
National Family Volunteer Day......wish I could

Have a stupendous weekend and,

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 11-19-2011 at 12:45 AM..

Old 11-19-2011, 02:15 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,795,458 times
good early morning....

Today's Questions:

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work?
no

Bonus Question:
of course my mind draws a blank now.... I've seen some good ones lately too

Do you have a funny or ‘unusual’ T-Shirt?
I have none

Just for fun:

What does it say?
at the top, back edge of the leg. (You figure out the magazine)

tomorrows question should include the name of the magazine

Old 11-19-2011, 04:44 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,744,467 times
[quote=JustJoy;21777142]Good morning, though guess technically it?s still evening in some parts of CD land

Let?s go ahead and get the weekend started with . . .

Today's Questions:
In honor of ?National Family Volunteer Day?,

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it. I have. I was a political volunteer several years back and made phone calls,mailed out flyers and other things as needed.

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do? I'd probably help at the local food bank or help out the elderly.

Bonus Question:
I just read this headline tonight: ?NY man wearing ?I?m Drunk? shirt accused of DWI?
so I wanted to ask,

What?s the funniest or just unbelievable T-shirt you?ve seen someone wearing? I've seen a few but can't think of one right now! lol!

Do you have a funny or ?unusual? T-Shirt? Hubby does.. What does it say? It's a picture of a squirrel and it says "Protect your nuts."

Just for fun:
[i]<no rush, so take your time

What does it say? He thought about what Gus had said.

Today In History:
1794 - Jay Treaty, 1st U.S. extradition treaty, signed with Great Britain
1861 - Julia Ward Howe committed "Battle Hymn of the Republic" to paper
1863 - Lincoln delivers his address in Gettysburg; "4 score and 7 years..."
1970 - Golden Gate Park Conservatory becomes a California state historical landmark

Word of the Day
Charitable/?CHarit?b?l/Adj:
(1) Of or relating to the assistance of those in need.
(2) (Of an organization or activity) Officially recognized as devoted to the assistance of those in need.

Today is:
National Soda Pop Day- No thanks
Play Monopoly Day
National Family Volunteer Day

Old 11-19-2011, 05:16 AM
bjh

60,325 posts, read 30,547,760 times
Today's Questions:
I did volunteer work at a library many years ago.

The Smithsonian would be fun.

I'd polish the floors if they'd let me.

Bonus Question:
so I wanted to ask,
I've seen some obscenely funny t-shirts at truck stops when I drove years ago. Both worn and for sale.

Not sure I have a funny t-shirt. Just a few with places I've been.

Just for fun:
What does it say?
The nearest book is an atlas.

Page 15 is a map of Minnesota.

Today is:
National Soda Pop Day

Have a bubbly day!

Last edited by bjh; 11-19-2011 at 05:34 AM..

Old 11-19-2011, 05:24 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,173,985 times
[b]Today's Questions:

We're active with the local fire department, which is almost entirely a volunteer unit. We're also avid kayakers, so we pitch in for river clean ups and other events that help keep the parks clean.

Hmmm, I might have to think about that for awhile.

Bonus Question:
so I wanted to ask,

I'm drawing a blank here. Maybe I need more coffee?

Just for fun:

What does it say?

It's a book about tai chi and describe the actual martial art skills employed in "Repulse the Monkey."

Old 11-19-2011, 05:41 AM

50,512 posts, read 64,443,704 times
Today's Questions:

Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it. I was an art museum docent for 12 years.

If money was no object and you could donate your time/skills anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do? It would be working with children, especially girls, to help them acheive their full potential.

Bonus Question:
so I wanted to ask,

What’s the funniest or just unbelievable T-shirt you’ve seen someone wearing? When my son was a high school athlete, he had a tee shirt that always struck me funny. It said, "Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend".
Do you have a funny or ‘unusual’ T-Shirt? What does it say? No, I never wear t shirts with sayings on them.

Just for fun:

What does it say?
..the pastures' complex flavors. The wheels are aged for a minimum of two years...Zingerman's Catalog

Old 11-19-2011, 05:41 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,645,216 times
Do you currently or have you in the past performed volunteer work? If so, tell us about it. I have and still do. My first real volunteer gig was as a candy striper at the local hospital - that was when I was barely a teenager. Since then I've had lots of volunteer experience - including a few years of full-time volunteering.

What’s the funniest or just unbelievable T-shirt you’ve seen someone wearing? I love my husband's religions of the world t-shirt. Strangers often do, also - including a couple jehova's witness kids one time.

What does it say? As he deposited his coin and rolled past he remarked wistfully, "I do hope this is an interesting game, otherwise the afternoon will be so terribly dull." (that's the whole sentence that crosses line 7 from my copy of The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics