Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times

Advertisements

Howdy, kids! Scroll on down for Today's Tip!

HOW TO WASH SNEAKERS
  1. Wash laces separate from your sneakers.
  2. Clean off any excess mud or dirt that can be brushed off easily. Use a Q-Tip or pin to get inside the grooves and remove any built-up mud or dirt. You can also use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and go over the surface of the shoes before putting them in the washer.
  3. Place shoes and laces in the washer and add detergent.
  4. Set water temperature to COLD and start machine.
  5. When cycle is finished, remove shoes and let them air dry in a moderately lighted place. It will take several hours to a few days for them to dry completely. Never dry shoes in direct sunlight.
  6. Re-lace your shoes and you're good to go! They'll look like new!
Source: How to Wash Shoes: 7 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Probably a great idea, but I just cannot imagine washing shoes in a washer where I also wash towels, underwear etc. I always did it with a a soft-bristle brush and special detergent. Now my sneakers are all leather. I just use stuff for leather care.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,876,403 times
Ugh.... I wash Gdaughter's shoes all the time. I hang on to many scrubbers the wife tries to throw away. Too many uses for them around here. Cleaned my wife's house shoes the other day. Now i see them dirty and sitting on the lavatory as though waiting for someone to clean them....again!

I like the kind you can toss in the washer best.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Ugh.... I wash Gdaughter's shoes all the time. I hang on to many scrubbers the wife tries to throw away. Too many uses for them around here. Cleaned my wife's house shoes the other day. Now i see them dirty and sitting on the lavatory as though waiting for someone to clean them....again!

I like the kind you can toss in the washer best.
Another great tool for cleaning jobs like this is an old toothbrush. They work great to get into small spaces.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,876,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Another great tool for cleaning jobs like this is an old toothbrush. They work great to get into small spaces.

You're right and believe me I have a few around and many uses for them.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Yes!!! I always keep an old tooth brush. It could be utilized in many, many ways.

BTW: this is a handsome washer. Yours, Pam??

Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,877,356 times
Washing sneakers..I didn't know you could put sneakers in a washer.. how did that one.. Sneak by us? Can we use the dryer to dry them?

That's something good to know.. just when I thought my sneakers were all.. Washed up...

Old 02-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
You're right and believe me I have a few around and many uses for them.
LOL.. I have a bunch of them too and the only use I have for them is.. they're taking up space in a cabinet...

Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Howdy, kids! Scroll on down for Today's Tip!

HOW TO WASH SNEAKERS
  1. Wash laces separate from your sneakers.
  2. Clean off any excess mud or dirt that can be brushed off easily. Use a Q-Tip or pin to get inside the grooves and remove any built-up mud or dirt. You can also use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and go over the surface of the shoes before putting them in the washer.
  3. Place shoes and laces in the washer and add detergent.
  4. Set water temperature to COLD and start machine.
  5. When cycle is finished, remove shoes and let them air dry in a moderately lighted place. It will take several hours to a few days for them to dry completely. Never dry shoes in direct sunlight.
  6. Re-lace your shoes and you're good to go! They'll look like new!
Source: How to Wash Shoes: 7 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow

This beats running through the car wash in town.

Spoiler
I almost got run over by a large SUV last week!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

This beats running through the car wash in town.

Spoiler
I almost got run over by a large SUV last week!

LOL... I think you should use the ones that hove those coin-operated sprayers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics