Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:02 AM

6,441 posts, read 5,236,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I like never getting interrupted when I’m trying to make a point about an issue.

You can leave the room, walk away from the pc and nobody noticed or asks where you have been.

I don’t have to share my coffee or iced tea with others, it’s all for me.

I learn so much from so many,,,,, and I don’t have to do any homework assignments each night.

You can wear most anything you want to while being here visiting.

^^^^^^ What he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM

4,704 posts, read 3,268,373 times
The people here!!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,169,098 times
It never fails to amaze me how, no matter what you want to know, if you post it in the right forum there is ALWAYS someone who can give you some good answers.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,796,183 times
I like the fact that there are no popup ads all over the screen while I’m trying to enjoy the website. I have visited (clicked on) a few of the google ads that appear at times between posts. They are not overwhelming or annoying and provide good information.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,556,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I like never getting interrupted when I’m trying to make a point about an issue.
You've never been sniped on CD?

I like helping in those areas where I am knowledgeable. Mrs. Tek has told me that I am a teacher at heart and perhaps that's true.

The people here are great to converse with even if it is only in writing. We have met and made friends with a few CDers on opposite sides of the country. So far in Jacksonville and Las Vegas, and we are hoping to extend that list now that we have retired and will, at some point, be traveling more. I can think of some people that we will be contacting if we are in their area.

Laughter. I love to laugh and Mrs. Tek and I laugh every day. I often laugh at the posts on CD. Sometimes when the post isn't meant to be funny.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Trapped in city-data:

"Mirrors on the ceilings
Sweet champagne on ice.
We are all prisoners here.
Of our own device........"

I once drove from Superior, Wisconsin to NYC and I heard that song no less than 200 times. In every city, In every state. It was amazing......
Now I even know where the real Hotel California is, but I have never gone inside.
That is very interesting! This wasn't a recent trip? If it was, you were listening to the oldies station? I love the oldies stations!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
Some of the long-time members on here are great people...

Good relocation info. and state by state information, though we should be able to post more controversies on state issues, i think.

No endless advertising and drama like FB. I cannot stand FB.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,501,949 times
Life is an adventure and CD is part of it!

I've 'met' some very kind people on here, some very funny people, some very helpful people, some willing to share recipes, dieting and gardening secrets, some very imaginative.....and all exactly when I needed them in my life......interesting how that works....... Move to a new place, ask a question, get an answer. Move from an old place, somebody else asks the question, I know the answer and try to help. Gonna travel, need advice, ask. Want to know the population or elevation, look it up...

And as somebody else wrote, it's good entertainment......sometimes you just have to wonder about them after you read what they wrote.......

Sometimes it's just a good feeling to get on here and find out that one of your pals has had the same kind of day that you've had.......

Also, I don't have to smell 'your' cigarette smoke......you know who you are.......

Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM

8,804 posts, read 21,223,252 times
I once drove from Superior, Wisconsin to NYC and I heard that song no less than 200 times. In every city, In every state. It was amazing......
Now I even know where the real Hotel California is, but I have never gone inside.

That is very interesting! This wasn't a recent trip? If it was, you were listening to the oldies station? I love the oldies stations!

Oh, my gosh. No. It was probably more than thirty years ago. I am verrrrrrry old.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,394,060 times
Almost all my posts are here, in Other Topics. I sometimes have a post or two in the Las Vegas thread. But, my favourite is South Dakota. There is a thread there called 'Watcha Eating.' Hmmm, I thought a while back, I'll tell 'em what I'm eating!! Most people there, talk about all sorts of meals I've never heard of, or animals they've shot, and ate. I told them about a high tea Judy and I had in a fancy hotel in Manchester. I described the little sandwiches, the cute little cream cakes, and the Earl Grey tea we drank. I waited for a response - nothing. So, I told them about our lovely Christmas Day meal, response - nothing. I tried telling them about my unusual breakfast - nothing!! I was loving it, they must have been thinking "who is this crazy guy from England telling us about his meals". I haven't been on there for a while, South Dakota is due a visit!! I love City-Data!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics