Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 10th. Straight into it today…

Today’s Question:

When you were 7 years old, how did you get to school (walk, bus, driven by parent etc), and what did you like best and least about getting to school that way?

Extra Credit Question:

Do you still have any teddy bears (or other stuffed animals) from your childhood ? If yes, tell us a little bit about your favourite.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever been stung by a bee? Did you have an allergic reaction to it?

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode to Billie Joe” (recorded on this day in 1967)?

Today in History:

1040 Lady Godiva rides naked on horseback to force her husband, the Earl of Mercia, to lower taxes
1746 Bonnie Prince Charlie flees in disguise to Isle of Skye
1890 Wyoming becomes 44th state of U.S., the first with female suffrage
1913 134 degrees F (57 degrees C), Greenland Ranch, California (U.S. record)
1938 Howard Hughes flies around the world in 91 hours
1967 Bobbie Gentry records "Ode to Billie Joe"
1985 Coca-Cola Co announces it will resume selling old formula Coke

Today’s Word:

Ectopic \ ek-TOP-ik \ , adjective;
1. Occurring in an abnormal position or place; displaced.

Today Is:

Teddy Bears' Picnic Day
Stone House Day
Don't Step on a Bee Day
Smile Power Day
Kobber’s Birthday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
When I was 7, little girls were pretty safe (for the most part back then) in walking to school. I walked about 5 blocks
Heres to smile power day!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
TO YOU, KOBBER!!

When you were 7 years old, how did you get to school (walk, bus, driven by parent etc), and what did you like best and least about getting to school that way?
Bus. What I liked best was sitting in the back and flying around when we went over bumps. What I liked least was that I had to ride the bus at all. I went to a small neighborhood school where most of the kids were able to walk home for lunch.

Extra Credit Question:

Do you still have any teddy bears (or other stuffed animals) from your childhood ? If yes, tell us a little bit about your favourite.
I have a teddy bear, Blinkers, that my grandmother gave me.

Bonus Question:

Many times..... not allergic.

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode to Billie Joe” (recorded on this day in 1967)? Older. I was in high school in '67.

Last edited by kpinvt; 07-10-2012 at 04:40 AM..

Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Today’s Question:

I rode the school bus and I hated it, I was horribly shy and the other kids were merciless with their bullying and teasing. No good memories there.

Extra Credit Question:

None from my childhood but I do have a "Tickle Me Elmo" from when my son was little and 3 beanie baby ostriches

Bonus Question:

Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes Did you have an allergic reaction to it? No

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode to Billie Joe” (recorded on this day in 1967)?
Older

Today Is:

Teddy Bears' Picnic Day................cute
Stone House Day........................always wanted one or a log cabin
Don't Step on a Bee Day.............it's very hard not to, they're all over my yard
Smile Power Day........................
Kobber’s Birthday ...................woo hoo happy birthday Kobber!! So, are we 25 now?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 AM

1,738 posts, read 767,906 times
Today’s Question:

When you were 7 years old, how did you get to school (walk, bus, driven by parent etc), and what did you like best and least about getting to school that way? ~ I know I rode the bus home but don't remember how I got there. I remember that they had both the elementary and High School on the same bus. We rode together. Big age difference (they were different schools). I remember that that there was this mean girl on the bus that was older than me that would pinch me and make me cry. :O(

Extra Credit Question:

Do you still have any teddy bears (or other stuffed animals) from your childhood ? If yes, tell us a little bit about your favourite. ~ Not sure this this "counts" as a "stuffed animal" but
I still have a doll (which is fabric and stuffed). That is the only one that I can think of right now. It is packed away, so haven't seen it in a while. From what I remember it is green and yellow or white checked with I think orange hair. I remember it was not the one that I wanted, I wanted the pink one.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever been stung by a bee? Did you have an allergic reaction to it? ~ Yes, unfortunately I have been stung before (more than once). Didn't have any serious reaction before from it.

Just for Fun:

Are you older or younger than Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode to Billie Joe” (recorded on this day in 1967)? ~ Younger

Last edited by HelloWorldItsMe; 07-10-2012 at 05:14 AM..

Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
[quote=Kobber;25098986]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 10th. Straight into it today…

Today’s Question

When you were 7 years old, how did you get to school (walk, bus, driven by parent etc), and what did you like best and least about getting to school that way? I believe my mom walked me to school because of a big intersection I needed to cross to get to school.

Extra Credit Question

Do you still have any teddy bears (or other stuffed animals) from your childhood ?NO If yes, tell us a little bit about your favourite.

Bonus Question

Have you ever been stung by a bee? YES Did you have an allergic reaction to it? NO

Just for Fun

Are you older or younger than Bobbie Gentry’s “Ode to Billie Joe” (recorded on this day in 1967)? Older

Today in History

1040 Lady Godiva rides naked on horseback to force her husband, the Earl of Mercia, to lower taxes

Today’s Word

Ectopic \ ek-TOP-ik \ , adjective;
1. Occurring in an abnormal position or place; displaced.

Today Is

Teddy Bears' Picnic Day
Stone House Day
Don't Step on a Bee Day
Smile Power Day
Kobber’s Birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY,KOBBER!

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
Today’s Question:

Took the bus

Extra Credit Question:

No

Bonus Question:

Yes, No

Just for Fun:

Younger

Old 07-10-2012, 04:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Driven into town to Grandparents home then walked to school Didn't really dislike any of it.
One stuffed thingy named Suzy and Tuffy, printed fabric of a little girl and kitten front and back
Yes on the bee No on the reaction
Older by 6 3/4 years.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Today’s Question:

I think it is safe to say I walked to school when I was 7. It was a total of maybe 20 feet from my bedroom to the livingroom. I was sick that year and the school district would send a teacher to my house 3 days a week. I really would have rather gone to school just like everyone else. Not a fun time.

Extra Credit Question:

Not sure if I have any stuffed animals still hanging around from my childhood years.

Bonus Question:

I have only been stung by a bee once. I am guessing it was not even alive when it happened. I was like 5 years old and was rolling down a grassy hill. Rolled right over the bee. Being five I was sure I was going to die or at least need major medical attention. Turns out other than a small welt I had no reaction to it.

Just for Fun:

I am older. I was in Oklahoma City when that song came out. It seemed like all of the radio statios would play that song at least once an hour.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:13 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 10th. Straight into it today…

Good Morning!!!!!

Today’s Question:

Walk ( well, sometimes run!) There was no other option!

Extra Credit Question:

Huh?? Nah... that's for sissies!

Bonus Question:

I don't think so. But... I never got stung by an African Killer Bee ...

Just for Fun:

I'm older than dirt!!

Today in History:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics