Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,824,496 times

Advertisements

[quote=bjh;25129279]Happy Thursday, everyone!

Some jobs are dangerous, difficult, too hot or cold, messy, frustrating, and so on. So before you head off to work or begin another day of retirement or whatever keeps you busy tell us:

Today's Question:
What jobs are you really glad you don't have to do?.....I can't wait for mine to end. It's all of the above.

Bonus Question:
What in your life seems like a never-ending chore? .....Cooking from scratch every day for over 20 years. Just kill me now I have to do it again today.

Foodie Question:
Do you have a favorite cut of beef and/or favorite beef dish? Details, please......A nice thick filet mignon marinaded in Teriyaki and grilled over charcoal. Add a lobster tail split with some chopped garlic and butter and put that on the grill. Some grilled asparagus drizzled with olive oil, chopped garlic and Italian seasoning goes well. Add a small potato sliced thin with thin slices of onion in between with either butter or olive oil grilled. Have a glass of Pinot Noir and enjoy. Desert would be a mint chocolate chip turtle hot fudge Sunday with toasted coconut.

Just for fun:
If money and land were no object and you could have a custom pool built, what features would you get? I would love an indoor with tropical plants, a waterfall, and all glass around the pool to watch the snow fall.

What shape would the pool be? A heart, a guitar, something else?.....Something that looks like it belongs in nature and curves around the waterfall.

Today in History:
1543 England's King Henry VIII wed Catherine Parr, 6th and last wife. She survived him.
1817 1st flower show held, Dannybrook, County Cork, Ireland
1817 American author of Walden, Henry David Thoreau, born in Concord, Massachusetts
1902 Australian parliament agreed to female suffrage
1954 President Eisenhower put forward a plan for an interstate highway system
1957 U.S. Surgeon General Leroy Burney connected smoking with lung cancer
1984 Geraldine Ferraro, Democrat of New York, became the 1st woman Vice Presidential candidate of a major political party
1990 Boris Yeltsin quit the Soviet Communist Party
2011 In Britain, a ticket holder won 161,653,000 pounds, the largest EuroMillions jackpot in history

Today’s Word:
fet·tle [fet-l] noun
state; condition: in fine fettle. - Origin: 1300–50; Middle English fetle - to shape, prepare,
back formation from fetled, also Old English fetelede -girded up

Today Is:
Blueberry Muffin Day
Cow Appreciation Day.... I'll grill one up real soon.
Paper Bag Day
Pecan Pie Day
Simplicity Day....I wish
Swimming Pool Day....The heat is coming again

A Picture for Today:
Today's picture is of some of the Fernando Noronha islands off the coast of Brazil.

This picture was taken by Robert Garrido and made freely available on Wikipedia.

Have a great day. .............Thanks you too. Vacation tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,073 times
Today's Question:
What jobs are you really glad you don't have to do?
Oh.... It looks like people have listed everything already. My sisters are all medical types & I admire them, don't think I could do what they do.
Also, driving around this morning I saw a lot of construction. Standing and holding a Stop/Slow sign looks so hot and boring.

Bonus Question:
What in your life seems like a never-ending chore?
During the school year it would be paperwork.

Foodie Question:
Do you have a favorite cut of beef and/or favorite beef dish? Details, please.
I don't eat much beef any more.

Just for fun:
If money and land were no object and you could have a custom pool built, what features would you get?
I would like an inside pool, so it could be used year round. Something natural looking with rocks & waterfalls. Oh, and a big slide for the grandkids.

Tutoring started this week, three days a week. It's frustrating that we provide tutors, transportation, snacks...... everything & people don't take advantage of it.

It's the mid 90s here in Vermont. When Abbie, my younger granddaughter, wakes up we'll be going to our family home for a dip in the pool! Have a great day, all!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:53 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,045,618 times
Today's Question:
What jobs are you really glad you don't have to do?

Any type of construction work, working at a slaughterhouse, any job dealing with the disposal/treatment of sewage or garbage, police officer, and many others.
Bonus Question:
What in your life seems like a never-ending chore?

My work...lol.

Foodie Question:
Do you have a favorite cut of beef and/or favorite beef dish? Details, please.

Prime Rib, cooked to perfection. I'm talking about rib meat that is so tender that it literally falls off the bone!

Just for fun:
If money and land were no object and you could have a custom pool built, what features would you get?

Something that has waterfalls, a built in whirlpool spa, and maybe a cabana nearby. I'd want the pool to be made out of natural stone around the edges and on the deck area. Something similar to this pool below but larger:

What shape would the pool be? A heart, a guitar, something else?

No particular shape, just a large one...lol.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM

7,388 posts, read 5,501,736 times
Happy Thursday! Still on vacation at our home away from home, our camping place, and having a great time!

Today's Question:
What jobs are you really glad you don't have to do? Cleaning up after circus animals. Or anything having to do with human or animal waste.

Bonus Question:
What in your life seems like a never-ending chore? lanudry

Foodie Question:
Do you have a favorite cut of beef and/or favorite beef dish? Details, please. a nice filet mignon, medium, please

Just for fun:
If money and land were no object and you could have a custom pool built, what features would you get? everything! waterfalls, slides, heated, and an attached hot tub.

What shape would the pool be? A heart, a guitar, something else? like a big lagoon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics