Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,713,841 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't care. I've met my share of celebrities and most are complete bores with their heads up their butts.

Last edited by Rhenzanite; 10-24-2012 at 02:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,690,072 times
I could not care less. Either they are interesting and their posts thought provoking, humourous and entertaining or they are not. Anything else is totally irrelevent to me.

Well maybe if Oscar or Steinbeck came back from the dead to post I might be a little star struck I suppose !

Otherwise who cares, famous people are people at the end of the day and like everyone else you either like them and find a common bond or you don't . Their status is not an issue in my opinion.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 AM

368 posts, read 579,696 times
I really wouldn't care lol.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,169,068 times
It wouldn't mean much to me.

I'd probably think "Really? Is that them then? Aaaah right", then carry on with life as it was before.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,317,360 times
I admit I would be a bit curious but would respect their privacy. I can understand why folks would want to just blend in with everyone else. It's human nature. Safey in the herd, so to speak. Even for a regular person like me.

Many folks dream of fame and fortune, and when some get it, I'm sure it's thrilling in many ways. But it comes with a stiff price and it could be hard to know who you can trust, which folks are real friends and which are not.
Taking a chance to on a place like CD, and getting to live that "normal" life for a while is probably much like taking a vacation from themselves... so let them have it. Let them rest among those who have become their friends.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,387,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
I admit I would be a bit curious but would respect their privacy. I can understand why folks would want to just blend in with everyone else. It's human nature. Safey in the herd, so to speak. Even for a regular person like me.

Many folks dream of fame and fortune, and when some get it, I'm sure it's thrilling in many ways. But it comes with a stiff price and it could be hard to know who you can trust, which folks are real friends and which are not.
Taking a chance to on a place like CD, and getting to live that "normal" life for a while is probably much like taking a vacation from themselves... so let them have it. Let them rest among those who have become their friends.

Best response thus far!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,749,727 times
I would treat them just like I would treat anyone else I deal with here,there and everywhere!

No, I would not tell others. Who really cares? IMO celebrities are no different then me..well,maybe just a little. HA!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,256,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
treat a fellow CD poster- if you somehow caught wind/found out they were actually someone world famous (with a good rep)...

1) Would you let the cat out of the bag and tell others on CD, or in your life?
2) Would you treat them with more or less respect?
3) Would you suddenly check their posts every single day?
4) Would you start coming on to them?
5) Would you ask them for special favors (introductions to other famous people,favors, money pleas, etc., etc.)???

What would you do???

I'd probably tell people in my life (boyfriend, friends, sisters), "Hey, the scut is that XYZ on this message board I'm on is Famous So-and-So), but I wouldn't out the person here or treat them any differently. One great thing about boards like this is that you get to know and like people for what's in their brains, without other influences.

However, there might be one exception. There are a few misogynists and misandrists on the Relationships forum. If one of them were famous, I might have to have a little fun with using their image to create demotivational posters, just in general, and not necessarily in response to their posts directly. Let 'em wonder if it's a genuine feeling about their public life and whether someone knows who they are.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM

4,719 posts, read 3,295,276 times
I'd treat them the same!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics