Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Wilfong View Post
Everyone's pics are all so awesome! Family and friends are what makes life worth living!
Rainroosty, you look so much like my old boyfriend from back in the swamp-hood! His hair was a little lighter and his mustache was a bit bulkier and longer on the sides, but y'all could be brothers! LOL We called him, "Boss". Yeah, because he was "just so cool man"! LOL Gee those were the days!
I still wonder if we ran into each other once upon a time out on Cross Roads. Mischief and music! (Giant Grins)

This pic was taken on the beach at Cross Roads. I was 15 at the time. Sorry the pic is so small.
That's obviously me on top. My brother Rob under my right knee, Chris W. with the top hat, Tommy W. bottom left, . In the middle is Johnny(we called him "S M" which became (Sim) because he was the official "Strong Man") .LOL And last was Gary. The rest of the gang had run into town for more food and drinks, and we were left to "guard" our turf. LOL Hey, you had to because you'd get raided by other teens if you left anything unattended. That was a HUGE bummer!
Oh yeah, the pink t I had on I got the previous Christmas with the perfume that came with it called, "Love's Baby Soft". I still have that t shirt and can still wear it! It is one of DH's favorites.

This next pic is of me (left) and my oldest friend Amy. We met when I was 5 and she was 4. We are still close friends to this day and we always will be. I was her Matron of Honor in her wedding (she married my God Brother) and she was my Maid of Honor. All those years of playing "Wedding" in my Mama's back yard paid off in her real wedding! Awesome! She and Jody just celebrated their 30th anniversary! YEA!!!! Proof that some folks get it right. LOL

(Sorry for the spacing between these pics )

Thanks for sharing your photos and stories, everyone. The pictures are all great, but Bayarea, yours made me howl with laughter!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-28-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 04:33 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,308,704 times
Me and Grace do kissy face. LL

Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Great pics everyone. I love old photos the nostalgia is awesome. If only we had digital cameras back then. Here's my kindergarten pic from mid 50's. Miss Dungee held kindergarten in her home. We all sat at a picnic style table with long benches as I recall. This is a scan of it.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
^^ I'm betting that you're the guy on the right with the cowboy boots on?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^ I'm betting that you're the guy on the right with the cowboy boots on?
Ahha! I didn't say on purpose.... Will tell later.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Ahha! I didn't say on purpose.... Will tell later.
I think I've killed the thread! O.K., the runt was me...

Old 06-23-2013, 12:04 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
You asked for fun/funny photos, this is all I have of that type.
This is the "fish-face" I used to make all the time as a kid (me, age 7):

Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 AM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times

This was my 7th birthday party, in February 1961. The setting is the den that my dad built in our basement. It was so cool. He scored some booths from a restaurant that was remodeling, and it was the neatest thing to have them in our den! I'm the little blondie on the far right. The little dark-haired girl in the center, wearing the fancy party dress, is my best friend, Laurie. She and I are best friends to this day!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,308,704 times
SATX You were sooooooo cute!

I bet you got your way on anything you wanted too! Lucky for you my Granny wasn't around or she'd be pinchin your sweet little cheeks!

Cloven, your "fish face" is priceless! I love it!

Pammy! I love your family den too! That has to be such a fun place to hang out! Great for parties too!

Isn't it wonderful to still have close friends from our childhood? Cherished memories and good times too!

Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 PM

9 posts, read 35,237 times

It's me, in approximately 1996. My mother and I were in the park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics