Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,476,139 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Posting a bit later than usual as I have been out and about.

Today's peeve is going over old ground but is topical to what's happening here.

We are having to send back a wireless speaker that Mrs J just got. It's a long story but it seems that our WiFi signal isn't strong enough to support it.

So, I'm putting everything back in the box, which we kept, but where the heck is that silly little pebble shaped remote control that came with it?

Neither can we find the remote for the sound bar on the main TV in the lounge.

I'm slowly going mad.

Everything these days seems to have a remote but how often do you find that you can't find it?

The POTD is;

Where's the remote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,954,454 times
Yeah, and the replacement remotes keep losing the codes!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,476,139 times
Today's photos are from Sunday, when it was nice and sunny first thing;

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 AM

21,597 posts, read 8,764,847 times
Oh, dear. I hope you find the remote, Jez. They should make them like airline black boxes, with a pinging sound that you can activate if the thing is lost.

The English countryside looks so appealing, thanks for sharing those lovely vistas with us city dwellers!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 AM

30,637 posts, read 16,308,776 times
yup!

even worse is when your dog thinks the remote is a chew toy. And the widget has no buttons-the remote is (was) the only way to control the widget.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 AM

126,339 posts, read 19,117,720 times
Where's the remote?Good day Jezer,beautiful pictures ..I dislike remote controls,I am yearning for the olden days again Every electronic device we have here from our TV's to radios to garage openers are remotes. Our newest TV has 3 remotes just for all the boxes. Notice how I say boxes,I don't even know the proper names Worst is when the remotes don't stay where they are suppose to be,next to the TV.Got almost in trouble when we had to send back the receiver to the company and it took me days to find the receiver for it.But the most embarrassing moment was when a certain 'moi' thought one of the receivers was our portable black thin home phone,looked so similar,mind you I was in a rush when I picked up our phone to answer a call

Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
Have you looked out back? Maybe Molly buried it in the garden

Seriously though hope you find it. Another big bennie of downsizing living space is even when something gets misplaced there's only so many places it can be.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,687,395 times

Good morning Fellow peevers. Sounds like a day to be peeve Jezer. Technology makes things easier to operate but when there is a problem or you loose something.....it really makes life difficult.

I'm missing a set of keys for my car and it is driving miss daisy nuts. Those remotes for the car are expensive and i'm so nervous that I"m going to misplace the ones I have. Then I"m in real trouble.

Been praying to St Anthony to help find them but nothing yet.
Not sure how you feel about it but you dont' have to be catholic to use this prayer. Sort of like burying St joseph statue to sell a house. It works.

Here it is .......short and sweet.

St. Anthony something is lost and can't be found.......please come around.

that is it.....what have to got to loose besides the remote.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,819,895 times
Beautiful countryside, Jezer! Sure hope you find the remote, too, sometimes you just have to walk away and come back to it later before it'll "magically" appear!

And, I agree, 'tis a real peeve, since it seems that these remotes must have legs of their own and go hide in the most unlikely places sometimes. At least we've got most everything programmed into our DirecTV remotes so it's usually only one we're looking for. Its favorite place to hide is behind the couch cushions wayyy down deep in there, so we have gone fishing for it a number of times - however, if it's not found there, it could truly be anyplace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
...They should make them like airline black boxes, with a pinging sound that you can activate if the thing is lost.
They have these - see
Find My Keys by "Where's the Remote?" on Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Where's the remote?Good day Jezer,beautiful pictures ..I dislike remote controls,I am yearning for the olden days again
Oh no, not that far back, Almrausch, I don't have any kiddos at home to change the channels for me!

Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM

24,535 posts, read 26,090,136 times
Sometimes I think we need to get another gadget like Bst posted above. There are a bunch of these things available for use on various items like this one.

Amazon.com: EZ-FIND!*25*Item*Wireless*Electronic*Locator: Electronics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics