Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
With 11 shopping days left I though this would be a good question. We may possibly be offering some assistance to those that don't want to see a gift they gave on this list next year

Todays question :
What is the weirdest,goofiest,strangest in other word "what were they thinking? Gift you have received?

Today in history :
December 13, 1975 1st time Saturday Night Live uses a time delay - Richard Pryor as host. hmmm wonder why

Word of the day :
dactylonomy [dack-tuh-lah-nuh-mee] n.
the science of counting on your fingers.

Today is Ice Cream and Violins Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 AM

133 posts, read 555,956 times
Probably The Fall Guy board game.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:51 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
When I was 16, my grandmother gave me a gold, 24 inch tall statue of a naked woman.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:54 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
My brother one year bought me a shirt,I am a small.Well the shirt he bought me was XL and a maternity shirt and I wasn't pregnant...lol

Old 12-13-2007, 06:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
these are very funny

hiffy the diet pepsi went spewing is the the grandma you told us about at lunch
but the real question is:
did the "gold, 24 inch tall statue of a naked woman." have a clock in her belly

one year my aunt read somewhere that you could get your shopping done at the grocery store.
I got a bag of those big fat oyster crackers.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:17 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
No, no clock. She was in a crouching position, with her hands modestly covering her breasts....my grandmother said that she got it because she looked so demure..... Of course, being me, and being me at 16, I responded in a candid fashion. She got to keep that gift! She put it in her bathroom, with the knit toilet paper roll covers with plastic doll heads on top.

She was given a hideous standing ashtray with plastic baubles dangling from it. I wish I had it now....it would have taken the prize for most kitschy kitsch.....

One year my DH gave my mom a pair of men's skuffs (slippers). They were literally the first thing at the entrance to Sears- a big pyramid of them right in the middle of the aisle. He was sensitive like that- LOL! My mom opened them, smiled and thanked him, looking over at me with a ... WTF?...look on her face.

Eleven days left...yikes- I have two gifts for my son. Peroid. No decorations, no cards, why can't we buy gifts on CD?

Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 AM

18,124 posts, read 11,758,079 times
A vegetable spinner! Whats that for?!! 12 years later, it's still in the box in the garage!
For those who know me, know that I am a cook and my son a chef so what do we do with this spinner?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Oh, there have been so many over the years. I am going to have to go with the B.B. pistol that my husband got me one year. It was supposed to be an armadillo deterrent. I will tell you that I can at least hit the target each and every time with a .375, but that B.B. pistol left dings in the neighbor's cars, their boat, the siding on their house....... Only once did I actually hit a dillo with it. The thing whipped around so fast I thought it was going to charge me. Never fired it again.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,961 times
My xh bought me a hand gun one year for my birthday. He knew I hated guns and violence. I think it was something he wanted. After that, every year on his BD, I got him kitchen appliances that I wanted

Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
these are very funny

hiffy the diet pepsi went spewing is the the grandma you told us about at lunch
but the real question is:
did the "gold, 24 inch tall statue of a naked woman." have a clock in her belly

one year my aunt read somewhere that you could get your shopping done at the grocery store.
I got a bag of those big fat oyster crackers.
LOL.. Karla, we're gonna have to get you a year's supply of Diet Pepsi since you keep spewing them everytime somebody responds to your "Daily Question".

As for goofy gifts.. I don't think I've ever gotten such gifts in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics