Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:37 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, January 6th 2015. Posting early today as I have a dental appointment soon (yes, another dental appt – sigh) and may not feel so great when I get home. I am so NOT looking forward to a week of mushy food!

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your worst ever dating experience!

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran

Cut down a large tree

Cooked risotto

Applied for a passport

Had a flood or major leak inside your home

Bonus question:

Today we’re all going to work in a National Park. Which of the following jobs would best suit your skills and talents?

Taking entrance fees at the gate

General Ranger

Managing the camping site

Giving talks at the information centre

Selling souvenirs in the gift shop

Other:

Just for fun:

Today is National Bean Day! Will you be eating any type of beans today?

Thought for the day:

This seemed rather appropriate today, to me!
Dentists are medical professionals who help you put your money where your mouth is. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Apple Tree Day
Bean Day
Epiphany
National Shortbread Day
National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 06:38 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,850,284 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, January 6th 2015. Posting early today as I have a dental appointment soon (yes, another dental appt – sigh) and may not feel so great when I get home. I am so NOT looking forward to a week of mushy food!

Today’s question:

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran

Cut down a large tree

Cooked risotto

Applied for a passport

Bonus question:

Today we’re all going to work in a National Park. Which of the following jobs would best suit your skills and talents?

General Ranger Alway wanted to be a General!

Other:

Just for fun:

Just had red beans in my tortilla soup.

Thought for the day:

Dentists are medical professionals who help you put your money where your mouth is. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Apple Tree Day
Bean Day
Epiphany
National Shortbread Day
National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day
Thanks kobber!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Today’s question:
Nothing really bad or weird. Just had some dates that were boring or memorably awkward.

Extra credit question:
Have you ever –
Sailed on a catamaran Sounds like fun. What beach do you want to meet on?
Cut down a large tree With help, yes.
Cooked risotto Not I.
Applied for a passport Yep, and renewal.
Had a flood or major leak inside your home Happily, no! Don't jinx us, Kobber.

Bonus question:
Taking entrance fees at the gate Meh
General Ranger Do I get to wear a smokey the bear hat?
Managing the camping site Let the bears do that.
Giving talks at the information centre Maybe, but not only.
Selling souvenirs in the gift shop *yawn*
Other: Hiking around to take photos for the website.

Just for fun:
Nope, but had some BBQ beans yesterday.

Good luck with your dental work, Kobber. Remember, mushy foods include ice cream!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:54 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
[quote=Kobber; Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, January 6th 2015. Posting early today as I have a dental appointment soon (yes, another dental appt – sigh) and may not feel so great when I get home. I am so NOT looking forward to a week of mushy food!

Hope your visit to the dentist isn't too painful, Kobber.

Today’s question:

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran - No

Cut down a large tree - No

Cooked risotto - No

Applied for a passport. - No

Had a flood or major leak inside your home - No

Bonus question:

General Ranger

Other:

Just for fun:

Today is National Bean Day! Will you be eating any type of beans today? Maybe some lupini beans.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Apple Tree Day
Bean Day
Epiphany
National Shortbread Day
National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day [/QUOTE]

Have a nice day, everyone.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:08 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,149,106 times
Pretty much a mass transit bus date, high school, no car.

yes
yes
nope
yes, have one too.
nope - knock on wood.

General Ranger

Chili bean soup. ..

Old 01-05-2015, 08:12 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,288,232 times

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your worst ever dating experience! - There have been too many worsts. I've been single and unattatched for 30+ years of my adult life including now and each one of these disappointments are too depressing for me to go into.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran

Cut down a large tree

Cooked risotto

Applied for a passport

^ No to all.

Bonus question:

General Ranger

Managing the camping site - This one as well as coordinating the trip.

Other:

Just for fun:

Today is National Bean Day! Will you be eating any type of beans today? No.

Best wishes with your appointment, Kobber.
Thank you for the Tuesday Questions!

Old 01-05-2015, 08:32 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your worst ever dating experience! I had a blind date several years ago, a date arranged by a friend who told me the man would be "perfect" for me. I have no idea why she thought that. He called me and invited me to dinner at a nearby restaurant. When I met him outside the door, the first thing he did was hug me and whisper in my ear, "I don't intend to sleep with you on the first date." And then he laughed. We went in to the restaurant and when the server brought menus, my date said to her, "I don't need a menu. I'll just have coffee." He told me to go ahead and order something. I already had a feeling this was destined to be the worst date ever, and I had no desire to sit and eat a meal while he watched. I ordered a glass of wine, to take the edge off.

But wait, there's more! As we sat at the table, which was in the middle of the room, he spoke very loudly, in a bragging fashion, about his past travels as a radio sports announcer. People were staring. He also told me he was absolutely obsessed with sports and they were even more important to him than sex. He told a story of one time when he was at home watching a football game and his then-wife, stark naked, stepped between him and the TV and said alluringly that she wanted sex. He told her to step aside so he could watch the game. Some young men in a booth near us looked at me with compassion (and humor as well) because they could tell I was just dying to get out of there.

My date also told me that he was presently unemployed and couldn't afford dinner for two people, which is why he didn't order. (So why the heck didn't he just invite me out for coffee after dinner time? Duh.)

When my date finally shut up (he hardly gave me a moment to say anything) and we were able to leave, he actually wanted to kiss me goodbye and said it was a great date and he couldn't wait to see me again. I avoided the kiss and gave him a quick hug. Then I politely declined another date, saying I just didn't think we had anything in common, which was true.

Did I mention his name was "Dick"?

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran Not yet.

Cut down a large tree I helped my dad cut down a couple of large trees.

Cooked risotto Yes.

Applied for a passport Yes. They even gave me one. Can you believe it?

Had a flood or major leak inside your home Yes. I had a pipe burst in my basement about 15 years ago. It was directly over my new furnace and soaked the whole thing, so I had to have the furnace serviced as well as having the pipe replaced.

Bonus question:

Taking entrance fees at the gate Nope.

General Ranger This.

Managing the camping site Nope.

Giving talks at the information centre This, too.

Selling souvenirs in the gift shop No way.

Other: Taking guests on nature hikes in the forest.

Just for fun:

Today is National Bean Day! Will you be eating any type of beans today? Probably not today, but perhaps before the week is out.

Thought for the day:
Dentists are medical professionals who help you put your money where your mouth is. (Author Unknown) Haha.

Today is:
Apple Tree Day The apple trees around here are dormant right now. It's below zero!
Bean Day Hooray for beans, the musical fruit!
Epiphany "We three kinds of Orient are bearing gifts we traverse afar."
National Shortbread Day Oooooo, I love shortbread!
National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day I just took my tree out this evening (1/5), one day earlier than usual. I didn't want to miss the pickup by the city.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-06-2015 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-05-2015, 08:42 PM

21,547 posts, read 8,729,914 times
Today’s question:

It wasn't exactly a date. I met him in Central Park late one afternoon. He was good-looking and seemed like a friendly, personable young man. After chatting for a while we decided to hang out together that evening. But as the minutes ticked by it dawned on me from his odd behavior and the things he said that there was something off about him.

He had no money, so he more or less invited himself to my apartment. On the way I paid my fare but he jumped the turnstile instead. By the time we got to my place, I'd become quite uncomfortable with him. I decided not to let him in, but put him off with some excuse about my roommate being home (she wasn't). We sat on the front steps of the building instead.

As it grew dark he became more insistent about wanting to go inside. I became more frightened of him and wanted him to go away. When one of my neighbors entered the building I looked up at him with pleading eyes hoping he would sense that something was wrong, but he didn't. Finally the young man realized he wasn't getting anywhere and left, but I had already given him my work phone number. The next day at work I got an obscene phone call. I'm sure it must have been him.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran No

Cut down a large tree No

Cooked risotto Yes

Applied for a passport Yes

Had a flood or major leak inside your home Yes, water heater flooded the garage.

Bonus question:

Taking entrance fees at the gate <----- This one

General Ranger

Other:

Just for fun:

Probably not.

Thanks, Kobber, and good luck with your dental work.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:38 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your worst ever dating experience! When the dad came out with the shotgun...uh, well, uh that's another story.

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran Yes in Australia.

Cut down a large tree Several with a chainsaw.

Cooked risotto No.

Applied for a passport Yes.

Had a flood or major leak inside your home Leak.

Bonus question:

General Ranger

Giving talks at the information centre Talking is my specialty.

Other:

Just for fun:

Today is National Bean Day! Will you be eating any type of beans today? Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you...uh, well you know...

Thanks Kobber, hope you feel better.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times

Today’s question:

Tell us a little about your worst ever dating experience!...

Extra credit question:

Have you ever –

Sailed on a catamaran......... Hobie Cat

Cut down a large tree .......... I am the Tin Man aka Tin Woodsman

Cooked risotto..................... One time never again.. Yucky Yucky

Applied for a passport............ Yes

Had a flood or major leak inside your home..... Yes

Bonus question:

General Ranger

Managing the camping site....... Under cover trash can.. I hate slobs in parks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics