Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:23 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times

Advertisements

Resigned.

As in, just plum tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 07:27 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Nice, but to a fault. I need to learn how to stand up for myself and stop being so agreeable.
Same here Bay, NICE but to a fault.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:06 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times
Grateful

Old 02-26-2015, 11:00 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Complex,

Imaginative. much of my lives work is creating tools and solutions to problems or potential problems.

Inspired, Much of my reading is on catalogs and tech manuals and engineering manuals

Creative, I love the challenge because it makes me learn and practice my math skills or create new ones.

Introspective, I do a lot of self examination, what are my motives and what should I do to deal with problems, and pray a lot.

Placid, I stay calm during an event and just wade in and deal with it. fire or flood , taking action ASAP makes a big difference , only recently did I learn that most folk freeze in a crisis or worse wait for sone one else to act before they act. Dad was a take action kind a guy.

Durable, From the time I was young, I learned to tough it out and learn to deal with pain and discomfort and not wosse out.
It has it's draw backs , in that , unless your are actually grunting while you lift, no one believes your working.

Insightful, that's what some people tell me.

Distracted, there is always something or some one desperately needing my attention over what ever I'm doing at the moment,
largely because of my age and experience around so many still learning their jobs.

Heroic, Favorite volunteer activity was Search and Rescue .

Unpredictable, The same/pat answer or action for similar events, is not always the right answer.

Dependable, My words and promises mean a great deal to me , and even if the promise is not in my best interest as time goes by , it's still a promise. when a promise is broken it becomes a lie. I try really hard not to lie. so if I don't know something I say nothing or seek an answer.

Empathetic, being and having been a counselor for many years, listening skills include reading THE LINES as well as between them.

Practical, I have learned that practical thinking takes honesty, and hand in hand the truth usually comes out. Fantasy is where trouble begins.

Sociable, I enjoy meeting people, and learning their life, and different points of view, as well as their own part of the world.

Critical, It is often my responsibility to assess the cause of failure in equipment, and other situations was well, so learning the cause one cannot compromise at all.

Cautious, When working I use PPEs, and work alone so much that I realize there is no back up, so I must use all caution all the time.

Spiritual , I have a very deep respect for God, and seek His instruction in my life all the time.

Free spirit, I am not swayed by current trends, in fact been responsible for creating a few.

Sensitive , I try to feel from the other persons perspective and also work with animals .

Disciplined, I've never been drunk nor use drugs nor foul language nor sex with others (except my wife when we were together)

Pack rat, I only throw things away that are utterly useless, but if it can be repurposed or used to repair something else it's saved.

Tinker, I fix things like light bulbs.

Lazy, I use paper plates because I hate dishes and the paper soaks up the oil and grease/fat.

Slob, I don't care to attract the opposite sex.

Foolish. some times enable those I shouldn't have.

Generous, I know what it is to be in serious need .

Forgiving, try to get along with every one

Over committed, too many irons on the fire

Under developed , too much yet to learn.

There isn't one word that describes me .
Life is way too interesting to ever be board.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:29 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Good question!!

I am still thinking, but can I say that there are different words to describe me at different times in my life?

Right now, that word would be.... appreciative.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:51 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
Stubborn and full of S as my dad would say... luv ya pops

Old 02-27-2015, 12:11 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
A Hoot ...or was it Coot??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics