Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:00 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is not a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29?
Nope.

What day of the week were you born on?
Friday

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy.

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party?
Pin the tail on the donkey, drop the clothes pin in the milk bottle and musical chairs.

JUST FOR FUN

I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake this evening. What's the most unusual flavored cake you've ever tasted?

If you could have any type of dessert for your birthday, what would you choose?
Blueberry cheesecake.

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)?
Maters, onion, bell pepper and blue cheese dressing.

Where's the most unusual place you've ever eaten a meal?
On the Rez in Monument Valley, AZ.

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy breakfast burrito right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack?
Veggies, cheese, meat slices, chips and dips.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever walked across an ice-covered body of water?
Yup

If so ^^^ , did you hear it crack or make any strange noises that gave you the creeps?
Yup

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known?
I played in so many unsafe places as a kid and it seems like Bert the village cop always told on us.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Do you own anything that has an animal print on it (not counting your pets )?
Nope

Have you ever seen a skin shed by a reptile or an insect?
Yep

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? If so, tell us about your presentation. Did you win a prize?
Nope

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)?
Just on tv.

I wish you all a fantastic Fryday!
Thanx PJ

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Greetings Pam and all.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is not a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29? I don't think so.

What day of the week were you born on? Saturday.

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy. I was premature, mum had been ill, and the docs thought that one of us, mum or me, wouldn't make it. We both did and we're both still around.

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party? Um, I seem to recall Musical Chairs.

JUST FOR FUN

I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake this evening. What's the most unusual flavored cake you've ever tasted? Not sure.

If you could have any type of dessert for your birthday, what would you choose? Maybe creme brulee.

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)? Avocado and walnut with green leaves.

Where's the most unusual place you've ever eaten a meal? Hmm. Around a camp fire inside a traditional big circular Lap tent inside the Arctic circle.

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy steak right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack? I try not to snack.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever walked across an ice-covered body of water? A lake inside the Arctic circle.

If so ^^^ , did you hear it crack or make any strange noises that gave you the creeps? It had many feet of ice under me- I was told!

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known? Um, I nearly killed myself doing something I shouldn't have. Someone was looking after me that day.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Do you own anything that has an animal print on it (not counting your pets )? No.

Have you ever seen a skin shed by a reptile or an insect? Yes- snakes for one.

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? If so, tell us about your presentation. Did you win a prize? Don't think so.

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)? Only on TV.

Thanks Pam.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:25 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is not a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29?
I don't.

Sunday.

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy.
Back in those days in east Texas they kept the mothers in the hospital for at least a week. When they were finally discharged the mother and baby were sent home in an ambulance.

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party?
Yes. Pin the tail on the donkey, bingo.

JUST FOR FUN

I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake this evening. What's the most unusual flavored cake you've ever tasted?
Can't think of any unusual flavor but a friend of mine named her automatic pool sweep "Harvey Wallbanger. I think that is very clever.

Boston Cream Pie. Yummy!

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)?
Fresh leafy spinach, mushrooms, Feta cheese, tomatoes, rye croutons with avocado/lemon dressing.

In a pup tent, in the rain on a private beach in Hawaii.

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy hunk of grilled salmon right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack?
Dill dip and monkey bread.

BONUS QUESTIONS

No.

If so ^^^ , did you hear it crack or make any strange noises that gave you the creeps?

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known?
Yes, we played in a rustic campground on base in New York.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I don't think so.

Yes, snake skins and junebugs.

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? If so, tell us about your presentation. Did you win a prize?
Yes= entered. No-no prize. I grew a plant at home in the house and another in the band room at school. I couldn't decide if the extra oxygen and noise made any difference. No wonder I didn't win. LOL

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)?
Yes.

Thank you, Pam. These were great fun.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:21 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is not a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29? Just my two relatives -- my brother's wife and my 1st cousin.

What day of the week were you born on? Wednesday.

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy. My mom used to tease me about being ruining her pinochle club night, since she went into labor a few hours before getting together with her gal pals for cards. She teasingly said she'd always resent me for that because her friend, Iris, was hosting and was making sloppy joes, which Mom loved, and she had to miss out on it. Her teasing was all in good fun. My mom was an angel and went to be with the other angels in heaven when I was just a teenager. I feel extremely blessed to have had her in my life for as long as I did. No sorrow here.

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? Yep; had one when I turned 7 (photo in my "Pictures" album in my profile); also attended several friends' bday parties. If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party? I remember playing "drop the clothespin in the bottle." We had to walk across the room holding a clothespin between our knees and then squat over a glass milk bottle and drop the pin in the bottle. It was a relay, and those on the team that filled their bottle first won little prizes. We also played pin the tail on the donkey and musical chairs. There were other silly games as well, and always cake (homemade by the birthday person's mom) and ice cream. Yay!

JUST FOR FUN

I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake this evening. What's the most unusual flavored cake you've ever tasted? I haven't had any terribly unusual cake flavors. I guess the most unusual was just an "Atomic Cake" This was a multi-layered, multi-flavored cake that my neighbor used to make for her son's birthday every year. She always brought a piece over to me to enjoy as well because it was a huge cake and they always had lots left over. I think it had chocolate, yellow and strawberry cake layers and in between those were layers of strawberries, bananas and pineapple. The whole thing was covered with frosting. I actually prefer a one-flavor cake.

If you could have any type of dessert for your birthday, what would you choose? Plain vanilla cheesecake with the usual graham crust. Preferably my sister's, as she makes the best cheesecake I've ever had.

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)? A mixture of greens such as leaf lettuce, romaine and spinach. Bits of broccoli and red pepper. Cherry tomatoes, cut in half. Alfalfa sprouts, sliced button mushrooms and sliced black olives. Crumbled feta. An olive oil vinaigrette. A few croutons to top it off. YUM!

Where's the most unusual place you've ever eaten a meal? On a trail at Mr. Rainier in Washington, at an altitude of about 7,500'. It was a breathtaking view - in more ways than one, since I'd never been at a high altitude before! My hiking companion and I spent about 8 hours on the trail that day and had brought along sammies and snacks. It was one of the best days of my life.

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy lobster tail with melted butter right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack? I like homemade Chex Mix and also just plain old potato chips with French onion dip. I never have that kind of stuff at home, and it's a real treat when I have them at a party.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever walked across an ice-covered body of water? Yep; many times.

If so ^^^ , did you hear it crack or make any strange noises that gave you the creeps? Yep; many times. When I was a kid, we used to skate or walk on a couple of lakes which were made when they built I-65 in our neck of the woods. Sometimes when we'd walk across them, the ice would creak and groan and sometimes we could hear cracking sounds. No way would I do something like that now, but when I was a kid I usually didn't think about my mortality or the dangers that lurked everywhere. I has having too much fun just being a kid.

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known? Yep; see above. Also, my friends and I would go to home or commercial building sites when no workers were there and we'd do stuff like swing from the food framing or walk across planks over basements. This was way before contractors had today's safety measures.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Do you own anything that has an animal print on it (not counting your pets )? Yes. I have a few tops that have animal prints on them. I also have a poster in my family room that depicts a deer in a forest.

Have you ever seen a skin shed by a reptile or an insect? Yep; many times. I've always loved nature and bugs and stuff. When I was growing up, my friends and I always thought it was your lucky day if you found a shed snake skin, cicada shell or similar stuff.

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? Yep; a couple of times. If so, tell us about your presentation. Did you win a prize? The first time I entered, I think I was in 4th grade, and I bombed out. The next year I did a presentation on the germination of corn kernels. It was pretty cool, I did it all myself, and I won a ribbon - probably for 3rd place. I always resented the kids who obviously had their parents do most of the work on their science fair entries and they won the top honors.

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)? Yes. I remember gathering with all the kids at my elementary school when I was in first or second grade (1961), to watch the first manned space flight live on TV. It was Alan Shepard, in a Mercury space capsule. We were astonished.

The other live space event that I recall was watching the first moon landing (1969). Truly amazing, and is still a great memory.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-27-2015 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
JUST FOR FUN

It's a great drink so how was the cake?
The cake hasn't been consumed yet; it's for pinochle club tonight. But from past experience with this recipe, I know it'll be scrumptious.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:35 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Happy Fryday, everybody, from your thread host pro tem! Can you believe it's almost the end of the second month of 2015? Holy mackerel, how time flies! Before too much more of it passes by, we'd better get going with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

no

Wednesday

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy. I learned to walk at 8 months but didn't have the brains to go with it. I fell down the stairs a lot and frequently had black eyes. And...at 3 years old I would go into the pasture at my grandparents house and crawl on to the back of a welsh/quarter horse and go for a ride. He was a great babysitter

The inly game I vaguely remember is pin the tail on the donkey

JUST FOR FUN

Nothimg overly unusual, mainly stick to chocolate

Ice cream cake or tiger cake

Cucumber, cheese, chicken, lettuce, little bit of broccoli

Can't think of any

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy _chocolate bar____ right now!"

Chips

[font=Century Gothic]BONUS QUESTIONS

Skated on one

No

No...

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

My purple pj pants have a leopard prunt

Yes

no, my school didn't have a science fair

No

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

Old 02-27-2015, 12:42 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
[quote=PJSinger;38613242]Happy Fryday, everybody, from your thread host pro tem! Can you believe it's almost the end of the second month of 2015? Holy mackerel, how time flies! Before too much more of it passes by, we'd better get going with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

No.
I don't even know.
Nope it was never discussed.
I don't remember. That was a long time ago.

JUST FOR FUN

I can't bring myself to eat red velvet cake. Why eat something with all that red die in it?
Oh I'm doing just fine with those chocolate marshmallow bunnies. I just finished one. What is it about the way those years hit my tongue?
I'll take spring greens, cucumber, red pepper, walnuts, craisins, blue cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Probably in my car.
Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy _chocolate covered marshmallow bunny._____________ right now!" One is too many and a hundred isn't enough. I'm having a real love affair with them right now.

I always go towards the sugar. It's a horrible addiction that's been with me since my childhood.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes.
No it was still pretty frozen. We were walking out to see the Hale Bopp comet with two hybrid wolf doggies. They were howling and there was snow every where. It was magic.
Maybe. I rode a horse that reared up and fell over backwards on me. It put me on crutches for a couple of weeks. My parents told me not to ride that horse again but I was on it as soon as I could walk again.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Maybe just one thing.
Creepy cicada shells all over the yard in the summer.
No I've never even heard of one in any of the schools I went to.

Only on TV.

So far so good. Roller skating was fun and we have dinner and a play tonight with friends. The snow is coming tomorrow and you can bet I'll be out there at midnight in my snow gear after work.

Thanks Pam

Old 02-27-2015, 02:54 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Hi!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is not a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29? I don't.

What day of the week were you born on? Sunday

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party? Never

JUST FOR FUN

I made a Harvey Wallbanger cake this evening. What's the most unusual flavored cake you've ever tasted? Nothing unusual

If you could have any type of dessert for your birthday, what would you choose? Saint Honore (cake)

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)? Tomatoes, black olives, tuna, olive oil

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy apple right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack? I'm not a big fan of snacks

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever walked across an ice-covered body of water? No

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known? no

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Do you own anything that has an animal print on it (not counting your pets )? Coffee mugs

Have you ever seen a skin shed by a reptile or an insect? Yes

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? If so, tell us about your presentation. Did you win a prize? No such thing where I grew up!

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)? I probably saw one on TV

Old 02-27-2015, 03:10 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Happy Fryday, everybody, from your thread host pro tem! Can you believe it's almost the end of the second month of 2015? Holy mackerel, how time flies! Before too much more of it passes by, we'd better get going with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

I don't think so....

Wednesday

I was a miracle kid

Hmmmm it was in the last century. Do you expect me to remember?

JUST FOR FUN

Authentic Italian Tiramisu

Spinach, feta cheese, red onions, toasted almonds, cranberries, balsamic dressing mixed with orange juice and orange zest.

County jail ( visiting, job related study)

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy prime steak right now!"

Canapés

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes, lakes, puddles...

Yes!!!!! Cracks...once my foot was in an iced water.

Always!! Safe places are boring!!!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I have an animal print shirt on right now.

Not a skin per se, but cicada shells.

Always. I was very good in science. Won many competitions.

On TV

I am at work, waiting for the clock ...

Thank you for the questions, Pammy!!
Wishing everyone great weekend!!!

Old 02-27-2015, 04:09 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Because this is notI a Leap Year, two of my relatives will not have official birthdays. Do you know anyone who was born on February 29? In the 41 years I've been a teacher there has only been one child whose birthday was Feb. 29th.

What day of the week were you born on? Monday

Please share any stories you've been told by your parents or others about your birth or your infancy. I know my mom had to stay in the hospital for a month after I was born. Pop brought in whole milk, fresh from the farm, for my bottles. The nurses were not happy.

Did you ever have, or go to, a birthday party during your elementary school years? If so, what sorts of games did you play at the party? I don't remember any birthday parties. Mine or anyone else's.

JUST FOR FUN

I don't remember any unusual flavor, but my daughter made her six year old a rainbow cake for her last birthday. It looked (and tasted) amazing.
If you could have any type of dessert for your birthday, what would you choose? Right now, tiramisu sound good.

What would you like in your salad bowl today (from greens to dressing and everything in between)? I've been thinking of potato salad lately. Something not usually made in the winter.

Where's the most unusual place you've ever eaten a meal? A cemetery

Fill in the blank: "I could go for a big, juicy bowl of fruit right now!"

You can find a wide variety of snacks at parties. What's your favorite party snack? Dips..... Spinach dip with good bread sound tasty.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever walked across an ice-covered body of water? Sure, skated on our pond many times.

If so ^^^ , did you hear it crack or make any strange noises that gave you the creeps? Sometimes

When you were a kid, did you ever go to play at a dangerous place which would have earned you punishment if your parents had known? We played in the fields and woods. Some things we did... how high we climbed the trees.... were probably dangerous, but I wouldn't call the place dangerous.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Do you own anything that has an animal print on it (not counting your pets )? Don't

Have you ever seen a skin shed by a reptile or an insect? A snake skin, sure.

Did you ever enter a science fair when you were in school? Never

Have you ever watched a manned space flight take off or land live (in person or on TV)? Only on tv. I was watching the Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986 with my second graders when it exploded.

I wish you all a fantastic Fryday! Happy weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics