Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:26 PM

16,671 posts, read 17,437,937 times

Advertisements

Greetings peevers.

Okay, okay, I'm early but I hope that you don't mind.

I trust that everyone is as well as can be.

Things are pretty good here in Jezerville. Spring is looking to get a foothold, evenings are longer and it gets light earlier (clocks here have not gone forward here yet), birds are chirpier and spring flowers are popping up.

Mind you there is a downside, and one that I can understand. but it's still a peeve.

As the weather gets better there is more disruption around as things like utility companies of all sorts start digging up roads, walkways, close roads, start drilling and so on.

Okay, it's all part and parcel of our modern world. You want running water, electricity, cable or broadband etc? Well it requires maintenance and upgrades.

However that doesn't stop me from making the POTW;

Oh heck! They're digging the place up again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 03:30 PM

16,671 posts, read 17,437,937 times
Here are some photos taken during the last seven days.

I loved the deep blue sky that was there late one afternoon, and there's also some shots taken nearby of the river Avon showing the old watermill, and also a nearby Elizabethan manor house.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:12 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,850 times
They always seem to be digging up things here...it's annoying but not much I can do about it...

Jezer, as always love the pics! I'm not big on flying but your pictures sure make me want to free myself of my comfy bubble and check out that country

Old 03-08-2015, 04:42 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, love the scenery!

Old 03-08-2015, 04:53 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times

Yep, the widening the 2 freeways that pass thru our city again and at the same time. Needless to say the construction has made both surface streets and the freeways a real mess.

Spring has sprung and the wild flowers are b;oolong like crazy.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:51 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Good peeve...
Yep normal taxpayer bane here. Build a road then turn around and tear it up for one reason or another.

Nice pics Jeezer.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:14 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Thank you for all those wonderful photos, Jez. You are fortunate to live in a part of the world with such natural beauty and where historic architecture is honored and preserved.

Here in San Francisco, we are having streets dug up all over the city to upgrade the gas lines. This is a result of that terrible explosion in San Bruno which was due to aging infrastructure that hadn't been inspected or maintained properly. It is a hassle to have to detour around the workers, but I'd prefer to be inconvenienced and be safe.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:06 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times

No digging going on here, which can be both a good and bad thing... good that there are no disruptions to contend with, but bad in that there is nothing getting updated either! Mostly around here it'll be clear-cutting some of the mature trees that are ready to be cut or those that are damaged, something that needs to be done but very noisy and the cutting crews rarely clean up after themselves as they ought to.

Great photos Jezer... beautiful countryside with the river, manor house and windmill! I've been wondering how your area always looks so pristine because I've never seen anyone working to keep any of it that way in any of your photos... so who does all of the upkeep around the area, the individual landowners or pubic services or ???

Here's to spring, we'll be in the low to mid 70's all of this week... with rain showers everyday... okay with that if it brings on the green!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:51 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Here in beautiful Metro Chicago we have 2 seasons. Winter and construction. If I ever sell my house I'm going to take a trailer full of construction horses and drive around the country. When I get to a place where they say "What's that?" I'll move there.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
The only thing digging up my yard is Moles and Voles looks like an underground railroad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics