Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 02:01 PM

715 posts, read 791,595 times

Advertisements

based on mean tweets

i get called FA cup in hgh school because of my ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 02:09 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
What's an FA cup??

Old 03-17-2015, 02:37 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
What's an FA cup??
I think the OP is writing phonetically, so I'm going to say it rhymes with "duck-up."

Meanest thing someone has ever said about me? Believe it or not, it was calling me an idiot and saying I was stupid. Oh, I've been called worse in terms of vocabulary and profanity, and in some cases, not only did I deserve the description but I was okay with it. Sometimes a woman just has to be a beyotch out of self-preservation.

But the person who called me an idiot, who happens to be my ex-SO, knew full well that I am anything but, and he said it to try to cut me down. The intent is what made the comment mean, not the words themselves. It was so ridiculous in its pettiness, spitefulness, and deliberate nastiness that I turned to him and said, "You know, I must be, if I'm with YOU."

Old 03-17-2015, 02:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Just anything that was simply not true, I think...something made up inside their
own head...their issues projected onto me....
then saying that nonsense to others.

Thank God, I don't care anymore about the nutty things anyone thinks or may believe about me from another.
The FREEDOM!!!!

I find as long as we are bothered by something it keeps happening...let it go
...and it stops like immediately!

Old 03-17-2015, 03:29 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
What's an FA cup??
Football Association Cup. English football, that is. We Americans call it "soccer." Winning the FA Cup is the British equivalent to winning the Super Bowl.

My 19-year-old stepdaughter once said to me, "You know what's wrong with you? You're too nice." At the time my reaction was, What's wrong with being "too nice?" But I realized what she meant, that I was a pushover, a wimp, and not assertive enough. And I knew she was right. That's what stung.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:42 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
I walked out of a job that I loved but was a toxic environment because I caught my boss and asst. boss mocking me.

I found out a month later that she was telling people that I couldn't handle the death of my son and that was the reason I quit.

My son died 18 mos. prior to this event and I never took my grief to work, even when it was fresh.

Karma's a bit*h

Old 03-17-2015, 04:04 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I simply cannot stand it when someone accuses me of saying or doing something mean or dishonest when I didn't.

Anyone who knows me knows that I will go out of my way to be kind and considerate, and I only tell little "white lies" (such as telling someone with a new hairstyle that it looks good, even when I think it isn't flattering to them), so I become very hurt when someone is "mean" to me when I haven't deserved it.

Of course, I do admit that sometimes I am mean, too, on these kinds of forums -- but I think I can honestly say that it is never without being personally attacked first. (Not that that's any excuse, but I am certainly no saint!)

Old 03-17-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
I walked out of a job that I loved but was a toxic environment because I caught my boss and asst. boss mocking me.

I found out a month later that she was telling people that I couldn't handle the death of my son and that was the reason I quit.

My son died 18 mos. prior to this event and I never took my grief to work, even when it was fresh.

Karma's a bit*h
I am so sorry for your loss; my son died at age 19, two years ago, so I can definitely relate.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:25 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
Default My heart goes out to you

Thank you and I am also sorry about your son. It's a club membership that people don't want. Next month will be 5 yrs.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
Thank you and I am also sorry about your son. It's a club membership that people don't want. Next month will be 5 yrs.
Thank you for your sympathy, also. People can't know what it's like unless they have been through it, too, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics