Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:24 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? Omelet with cheddar cheese, tomato, mushrooms, peppers (not the hot kind) with some fruit.

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)? Cafe in a European cafe outside while people watching.

Who would you share it with? Prefer to be alone and embrace the people watching.

Bonus Question(s):
When you were in school/college, were you in/on:
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club?
the science/math club?
drama?
other?Literary Magazine staff

Do you ever look back and miss those old days, or are you just as glad they're all behind you now?

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home?

If so, what pattern is on them? Varies--mostly flowers

If not, what color are they? Matches the room color

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1946 George Orwell published "Animal Farm" Putting that on my Winter reading list.
Birthday: 1935 Geraldine Ferraro, US Rep (NY); 1984 Vice Presidential Candidate
Business: 2014 Burger King Worldwide Inc. will purchase Canadian restaurant chain Tim Horton's Inc. and move its headquarters to Canada; Burger King will pay a little over $11 billion in U.S. dollars, and the merger will create the third-largest global fast food company
Science/Technology: 1981 Voyager 2 takes photo's of Saturn's moon Titan
Sports: 2012 Lydia Ko, a 15-year old amateur golfer, wins the Canadian Women's Open; she is the youngest winner ever on the LPGA Tour and first amateur to win since JoAnne Carner in 1969

Today is:
National Dog Day
National Toilet Paper Day Thanks to whoever invented tp!
Women's Equality Day

Last Wednesday:
Tug-of-War Day

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 03:11 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
I'm happy with the breakfast's I fix myself. Since I have not had any better...
I rotate between high fiber cereal and fruit, oatmeal, and my egg sandwich which I am very fond of - posted here many times which is egg, sharp American cheese, sauteed portabella mushrooms, and garlic.

Fantasy would be someone to share with, a GF would be nice. I have not cooked for anyone since my mother was living back in 2008.

Not picky as to where. Okay, maybe a hotel with a kitchen in La Jolla, CA.

I was too shy to join any clubs when I went to school. I was a loner then, just as I am now. Not my choice but whatever.
It's apparent I am not capable of fixing the situation...

I miss the 1970s, the best time period for me. It was a way more carefree and friendlier time period.

Thanks, PatsCats.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Old 08-26-2015, 04:50 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,658,230 times
Mornin' all!

Been running a breakneck schedule lately, and it's starting to catch up with me. I seem to have forgotten I'm not as young as I used to be.

Moving right along...

Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? None

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)?

Who would you share it with?

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook? Yes
the debate team? Nope
the glee club? Nope
the science/math club? No such club in my school, if science/math olympiad/competition team is included, yes
drama? Yes, school task
other? Scouts, Islamic

Do you ever look back and miss those old days, or are you just as glad they're all behind you now? I miss the "golden age" of senior high school (may 14 - feb/mar 15 and mid may 15), scouts are in the peak activities, math olympiads as well (hopefully it will be happened again soon)

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home? School task includes this... still working though

If so, what pattern is on them? I weave the unused plastic sack/pouch of milo

If not, what color are they? Green/yellow/red/brown

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1946 George Orwell published "Animal Farm"
Business: 2014 Burger King Worldwide Inc. will purchase Canadian restaurant chain Tim Horton's Inc. and move its headquarters to Canada; Burger King will pay a little over $11 billion in U.S. dollars, and the merger will create the third-largest global fast food company
Sports: 2012 Lydia Ko, a 15-year old amateur golfer, wins the Canadian Women's Open; she is the youngest winner ever on the LPGA Tour and first amateur to win since JoAnne Carner in 1969

Today’s Word: fulgurous
Pronunciation: (fuhl-gyer-uh s)
Meaning: adjective: characteristic of or resembling lightning
Etymology: Latin fulgurātus, past participle of fulgurāre to flash, glitter, lighten, derivative of fulgur flash of lightning

Today is:
National Dog Day
National Toilet Paper Day
Women's Equality Day

Last Wednesday:
Tug-of-War Day

Quote of the Day:
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx ~

I couldn't resist. It is National Dog Day after all.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:28 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? Not much for food first thing in the morning. Make it brunch & I'll have french toast with fruit & Vt. maple syrup.

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)? Overlooking the ocean

Who would you share it with? Not a soul! I like peace & quiet.

Bonus Question(s):
When you were in school/college, were you in/on: I wasn't in any of these. In college one of my best friends was the president of our class for all four years & so I helped with things like parents weekend, spring weekend.....
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club?
the science/math club?
drama?
other?

Do you ever look back and miss those old days, or are you just as glad they're all behind you now?
I miss people....

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home? There are not. I've thought about getting the grands each one for their new rooms in the apartment they're moving to.

Quote of the Day:
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx ~

Have a good day everyone. Thanks, PC! Today the kids (finally) start school. I'm looking forward to seeing them! Hope you all have something to look forward to today!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:32 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Fantasy breakfast? I don't really care, but Belgian waffles and bacon is good. In my own kitchen, and I prefer leave me alone, let me enjoy my breakkie without being bothered.
Have a great day everyone'~

Old 08-26-2015, 05:41 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? I'll have eggs benedict, bacon, mimosa, cafe Mocha

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)? Ocean view cafe would be nice.

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club? ugh, grade school
the science/math club?
drama?
other? French Club

Those days no, don't miss, those times, yes I miss them.

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home? No

If so, what pattern is on them?

If not, what color are they? White.

Thanks PC

Old 08-26-2015, 06:00 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Mornin' all!
Good Morning, PatsCats!

Been running a breakneck schedule lately, and it's starting to catch up with me.I seem to have forgotten I'm not as young as I used to be.
It's Lecture Time.......
Please, NEVER say that! My daughter and I were talking just yesterday, and I said the same to her. Age is only a number. The other day my husband said....."Oh, well.....I don't care....I'm 76 years old and over the hill! He was reprimanded, big time! I guess you figured....those age references are my pet peeves.

Moving right along...

Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? I love what I have for breakfast every day. Uncle Sam's Cereal (multi-grain, high fiber, with flax seed) 1/2 banana, 2 big shakes of cinnamon, and skim milk. Love it!

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)? Not in Paris. In my kitchen.

Who would you share it with? Nobody. Hubby has his flax seed shake.

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook? Yes
the debate team? No
the glee club? Yes, but it was called "chorus"
the science/math club? No
drama? Yes
other? Band - baton twirler

Do you ever look back and miss those old days, or are you just as glad they're all behind you now? I cherish all my memories, and revisit them when I go to sleep. Many times, I dream of being in parades, twirling the baton, and being in twirling competitions. I love those dreams! By the way, our grandkids are flabergasted as I often twirl my batons for them, toss them up, catch them behind my back, and toss them between my legs. They can't get over it! I don't light the batons on fire anymore, though.

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home? Yes

If so, what pattern is on them? Sand & Water/beach

If not, what color are they? N/A

Thanks, Pat! Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by rdlr; 08-26-2015 at 06:10 AM..

Old 08-26-2015, 06:20 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Mornin' all!

Been running a breakneck schedule lately, and it's starting to catch up with me. I seem to have forgotten I'm not as young as I used to be.

Moving right along...

Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast? I don't normally eat breakfast but if I have to: eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, pancakes, green tea.

Where would you eat it (on the beach, Paris, etc.)? a beach

Who would you share it with? my husband

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club?
the science/math club?
drama?
other? gymnastics club.

Do you ever look back and miss those old days, or are you just as glad they're all behind you now? I have fond memories of the old days but I'm glad they are behind me.

Just for Fun:
Are there decorative lightswitch/outlet covers in your home? no

If not, what color are they? beige.

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!!!!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:06 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast?
Give me a good breakfast buffet with unlimited bacon and i'm a happy fella..

On a wrap around porch overlooking a lake with mountains in the backround..

Family and good friends..

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club?
the science/math club?
drama?
other?Smoking alot of pot

I mostly miss my old group of friends and the fun we had...

Just for Fun:
Nope...

If not, what color are they?
Just plain white..

Today in History:

Etymology: Latin fulgurātus, past participle of fulgurāre to flash, glitter, lighten, derivative of fulgur flash of lightning

Today is:
National Dog Day
Women's Equality Day

Last Wednesday:
Tug-of-War Day

Quote of the Day:

Have an awesome day everyone!!!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Mornin' all!

Moving right along...

Today's Question(s):
What is your fantasy breakfast?
A killer buffet

Nothing fancy, just one of the nicer hotels that has a buffet

That's a good question

Bonus Question(s):
the newspaper/yearbook?
the debate team?
the glee club?
the science/math club?
drama?
other?
No to all the above, I was very shy

I'm glad they're behind me

Just for Fun:
No just plain ol' covers

If not, what color are they?
off-white/beige

Today in History:

Today is:
National Dog Day
Women's Equality Day

Last Wednesday:
Tug-of-War Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics