Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:16 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Good Saturday and start of a longer than normal weekend to all my fellow City Data Posters..

I'm not sure what's going on with Joy/Just Joy, she usually posts Saturday's questions on Friday evening.. We all hope everything is okay with her and it's nothing more than an outage with her internet connection...

Anyways, on to normal business, we'll start with a shortened version of Today's....

Questions Of The Day:
What are your plans for this 3-day holiday weekend?
- Road Trip?
- Relax?
- Catch up with stuff around the house?
- Hang out with family/friends?
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?
- Spend the entire weekend by the computer and post on City Data?
- Other? (give details if you wish)

Like everything else today, the Bonus Questions were wired in via a wireless device, by City Data's r wired correspondent from Central Arizona....

Bonus Questions:
Technical names for cell phones, they're a lot more than "phones" now.

What kind of wireless communications device(s) do you have?
- Just a simple cell phone?
- A Smart Phone? (iPhone/Android, etc)
- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A Star Trek Communicator.. ?
- A telegraph box?
- You communicate through brain waves?
- What's a Communication Device?

If you have a smart phone, you can install applications/apps on it to do a lot of tasks, like a TV remote control, garage door opener, a remote for your automobile. Do you use your wireless device for other purposes, besides talking or texting?

If you needed to call somebody you know very well, and their number is in the contacts list on your wireless device, would you be able to make that call without looking up their number in the contacts list?

Enjoy a wonderfully fun, and most importantly, a very safe Saturday and weekend, and we hope to see Joy on here again very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 09:20 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Good Saturday and start of a longer than normal weekend to all my fellow City Data Posters..

I'm not sure what's going on with Joy/Just Joy, she usually posts Saturday's questions on Friday evening.. We all hope everything is okay with her and it's nothing more than an outage with her internet connection...

Anyways, on to normal business, we'll start with a shortened version of Today's....

Thanks for stepping in, Mike.

Questions Of The Day:
- Relax?

Like everything else today, the Bonus Questions were wired in via a wireless device, by City Data's r wired correspondent from Central Arizona....

Bonus Questions:

- A Smart Phone? (iPhone/Android, etc) May get one eventually.
- A Stupid Phone? That's what I've been calling smart phones for a while now.
- A Tablet? Stone?
- A Star Trek Communicator.. ? A decoder ring.
- Carrier pigeons and smoke signals.

If you have a smart phone, you can install applications/apps on it to do a lot of tasks, like a TV remote control, garage door opener, a remote for your automobile. Do you use your wireless device for other purposes, besides talking or texting? N/A

If you needed to call somebody you know very well, and their number is in the contacts list on your wireless device, would you be able to make that call without looking up their number in the contacts list? Some, yes.

Have good weekend.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:22 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

Questions Of The Day:
- Road Trip?
- Relax?
- A cook-out? BBQ chicken legs today I think.
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?

Bonus Questions:

- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?
FRS and GRMS Portable radios
If you have a smart phone, you can install applications/apps on it to do a lot of tasks, like a TV remote control, garage door opener, a remote for your automobile. Do you use your wireless device for other purposes, besides talking or texting?

If you needed to call somebody you know very well, and their number is in the contacts list on your wireless device, would you be able to make that call without looking up their number in the contacts list?

Nope!
Enjoy a wonderfully fun, and most importantly, a very safe Saturday and weekend, and we hope to see Joy on here again very soon.
Thanks Mike! Same to you!

Last edited by SATX56; 09-05-2015 at 09:30 AM..

Old 09-05-2015, 09:23 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
- Road Trip? Nope.
- Relax? Um....
- Catch up with stuff around the house? Never ending
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?
- Spend the entire weekend by the computer and post on City Data? Lol no

Bonus Questions:

- A Smart Phone? (iPhone/Android, etc) I think mine is a smart phone, (not!), it seems to already know what Im going to say and it auto types.

- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?

I dont install any apps on mine. And yes I use mine for other things, like going on CD, or check my mail, or personal messenger. Or look up an address for something.
There are a few people that are not on my contact list and I know their numbers already, so just dial them whenever.

Have a good Saturday, mine is going to be very....'action-filled' (speaking of kinds, of course). Theres plenty of duct tape if they get too out of control, lol.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:29 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,565 times
Questions Of The Day:
- Road Trip?
- Relax? YES
- Catch up with stuff around the house? YES
- Hang out with family/friends?YES
- A cook-out?YES
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over? MAYBE
- Over-cook something? I HOPE NOT THE ST E A K WAS EXPENSIVE...
- Spend the entire weekend by the computer and post on City Data? I'LL TRY NOT TO
- Other? (give details if you wish) I CANNED TOMATOES AND CHILI SAUCE TODAY....

Bonus Questions:

- A Stupid Phone? YES
- A Tablet? ELLIPSIS AND KINDLE
- A telegraph box?
- You communicate through brain waves? YES

If you have a smart phone, you can install applications/apps on it to do a lot of tasks, like a TV remote control, garage door opener, a remote for your automobile. Do you use your wireless device for other purposes, besides talking or texting? HELL NO....LESS APPS THE BETTER....

If you needed to call somebody you know very well, and their number is in the contacts list on your wireless device, would you be able to make that call without looking up their number in the contacts list? SADLY JUST A FEW PEOPLE....

THANKS MAGNUM......

Old 09-05-2015, 09:40 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times

Anyways, on to normal business, we'll start with a shortened version of Today's....[/color]

Questions Of The Day:
- Road Trip? I wish!
- Relax?
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?

Bonus Questions:

- A Stupid Phone?Yes, if you consider a landline stupid.
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?

Enjoy a wonderfully fun, and most importantly, a very safe Saturday and weekend, and we hope to see Joy on here again very soon. [/quote]

Thanks and you have a safe weekend too, Magnum Mike.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:47 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
Questions Of The Day:
- Road Trip?
- Relax?
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?
- Other? (give details if you wish) Not much, other than the usual, as well as getting this evil bathroom renovation done. It's just been a giant headache for me, even though I'm not involved at all in it!

Bonus Questions:

- Just a simple cell phone? This one.
- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?

No, I wouldn't trust half the things you can do with one. I heard somewhere that a hotel has a system for unlocking your room with one, but it was easily hacked.
No

Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
=Magnum Mike;41091700]Good Saturday and start of a longer than normal weekend to all my fellow City Data Posters.. Thanks, Mike!

Questions Of The Day:
What are your plans for this 3-day holiday weekend? None of those things below. I'm the odd-ball, operating my business all weekend, inspecting/measuring houses, and burning the midnight oil writing reports. All the "normal" people get to do all of those things listed.
- Road Trip?
- Relax?
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?

Bonus Questions:

- A Smart Phone? (iPhone/Android, etc) Mine is Semi-Smart
- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?

If you have a smart phone, you can install applications/apps on it to do a lot of tasks, like a TV remote control, garage door opener, a remote for your automobile. Do you use your wireless device for other purposes, besides talking or texting? No

If you needed to call somebody you know very well, and their number is in the contacts list on your wireless device, would you be able to make that call without looking up their number in the contacts list? Yes

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

Old 09-05-2015, 10:07 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Questions Of The Day:
What are your plans for this 3-day holiday weekend? No plans as of yet, The Super Chief has a board meeting this morning.
- Road Trip?
- Relax?
- Hang out with family/friends? Maybe
- A cook-out? More than likely.
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over? That would be my SIL.
- Over-cook something?

Bonus Questions:

- A Stupid Phone?
- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?

Start and keep track of the car, check weather and traffic, map a location and keep a to do list.

Just the home phone, all others have to look up.

Thanx for stepping in Mike,

Old 09-05-2015, 10:19 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

Maybe she packed her tent and headed for the hills, totally forgetting about the questions.

Questions Of The Day:
- Road Trip?
sort of. Garage saling-I hit 2 this morning; 4 books, $3.

- Relax?
yup
this too
- A cook-out?
- cook-in?
- Invite a Cook Over?
- Over-cook something?
left-overs today. not sure about the rest of the weekend.

only when it gets hot.

gardening, cross stitching, napping (it's a gray hair thing)

Bonus Questions:

I think it's called a flip fone but that might be phlip phone.

- A Stupid Phone?
all phones are stupid.

- A Tablet?
- A telegraph box?
That's about right.

wish I could get one for my fan. I leave it on when I go to bed because it's so hot. About 3AM I want it off. I have to decide if I want it off badly enough to get out of bed. decisions decisions decisions

maybe. maybe not. I don't call anyone that often. (Did mention I don't like phones too much?)

Thanks, Mike. Hope she's ok and just absent minded.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Go hug your pet hippo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics