Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:37 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times

Advertisements

. - Feel free to give details in your answers.

The temperature here yesterday was an unseasonably high 60F. Tonight we're supposed to have below-freezing temps, down to 16F in the wee hours, and a heavy snowfall. Go figure.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall?
We've had similar changes, highs in the 70s one day. Then a front will bring in cooler air with highs in, say, the 40s.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances?
About this time of year I tend to be optimistic (or in denial ) one or two days before learning to carry a jacket with me, no matter how warm it is when I leave the house. I've already done that this year.

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall?
Happily, not.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold?
Only if it is very cold, especially if it's windy.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it?
Batteries, rubber bands, tape, paper clips, staples, one or two refrigerator magnets and other junque.

When was the last time you used a TV tray?
About a year ago.

When you hand-wash dishes or pans, do you use:
  • a dishcloth
  • a sponge
  • a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
  • other dishwasher
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? Yep.
Have you ever played in a corn field? Been to a corn maze.
Do you have a favorite board game? Scrabble.
What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mary, Mary, not at all contrary. Very nice lady, in fact.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? Just the other day, Wednesday.
When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? June.
Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? I have. It's okay.
Have you ever used crutches to walk?
Red __vines______.
Complete: The last thing that startled me was ___a bird that landed onthe windowsill. Every so often one lands there flapping its wings. ___.
Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone?
Complete: My favorite musical instrument is _piano____.
Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now?
When was the last time you used a rubber band? Been so long I don't remember.
Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to __relax_______________.

Quote:
Th-th-that's all for now, boys and girls. Everyone save a safe Fryday and weekend. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet.

Agreed. Thanks, Pammy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 06:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
The temperature here yesterday was an unseasonably high 60F. Tonight we're supposed to have below-freezing temps, down to 16F in the wee hours, and a heavy snowfall. Go figure.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? PROBÀBLY ABOUT 70F TO 30F

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? THIS MORNING... WE WORK THE SPAY AMD NEUTER VAN AND SIT OUT SIDE REGISTERING PEOPLE AND ANIMALS IN... HAD A SWEATSHIRT ON AND A WINDBREAKER OVER IT.... MY HANDS WERE ICE COLD... IT WAS PROBABLY 25F......

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? YES....AND NO BUT MY PANTYHOSED LEGS were A MESS IN HIGH SCHOOL....WALKED AROUND ALL DAY LOOKING LIKE A DANCER...HOLES IN THEM....HAAA.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? YES...BUT NOT THIS MORNING . DOPE

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? JUNK.. BATTERIES..FLEA MEDS... SCISSORS...TACKS...CARDS...CALENDAR FOR NEXT YEAR...AMERICAN FLAG...EAR BUDS...ETC...

When was the last time you used a TV tray? WE HAVE TWO FOR US TO EAT ON EVERY NIGHT...

a dishcloth YES
a sponge YES
a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end YES
other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? YES

Have you ever played in a corn field? YES

Do you have a favorite board game? CARDS AGAINST HUMAMITY IS MY FAVORITE GAME NOW BUT DOESN'T HAVE A BOARD...

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? MRS. STALLWORTH.....TALL LADY. LOOKED LIKE MY FIRST BARBIE DOLL..

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? MY HUSBAND CHANGES THEM WHEN NEEDED...HE'S A FANATIC...

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? LAST OIL CHANGE

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? YES...SOMETIMES IF I CAN GET MY ASS ON THERE...

Have you ever used crutches to walk? NO.....

Red ___ROVER__________.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was _____HAHA...I AM ALWAYS STARTLED..BUT MY HUSBAND WALKED IN DOWNSTAIRS FROM HUNTING AND HE SCARED ME COMING INTO THE KITCHEN_________________.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? NO.. I AM old SCHOOL

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is ____PIANO_______.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? YES

When was the last time you used a rubber band? A FEW WEEKS AGO...RUINED MY PONYTAIL

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to _____GET UP AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE..__________________.

THANKS PAM...FUN QS..........

Old 11-20-2015, 07:01 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Feel free to give details in your answers.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall?
Oh about 40 degrees or so, it's crazy.
When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? Not often! It might end up to warm so I just take off my sweatshirt.

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall?
Oh yes! Ice in the 80's, wet deck a few years ago.
Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? I have to find a warm one that looks okay on me.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? yes, cat treats, meds, pens, junk

When was the last time you used a TV tray? years ago

a dishcloth
a sponge
a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end
other

. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? Always as a kid in a pool

Have you ever played in a corn field? No

Do you have a favorite board game? Scrabble

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mr. Hart, think James Franciscus and Richard Chamberlain, in the 50's

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? A month ago.

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine?
I'm due in about 500 more miles
Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? They're okay

Have you ever used crutches to walk? No

Red ___Reddington__________.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was ____everything startles me__________________.

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is ___Guitar________.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Glasses, can't see without them!!

When was the last time you used a rubber band? Oh just wrapped some sanitizing cloths together to take on my trip!!

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to ___take it easy like usual____________________.

Th-th-that's all for now, boys and girls. Everyone save a safe Fryday and weekend. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet. Yes!!!!

Old 11-20-2015, 07:22 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Hello, boys and girls! I can't believe another week has flown by. It's already time for your

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? I live in Illinois so any day can be crazy weather

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? I always dress for the weather and bring a jacket or coat with me just in case.

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? Yes, a couple years ago I fell on ice and caught myself with my hands. My one wrist ached for a long time after that.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? No, all my coats have hoods.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? yes, odd and ends stuff. junk.

When was the last time you used a TV tray? last night. It's not a typical TV tray on legs, it's just the tray part and you just put it on your lap.

• a dishcloth
  • a sponge
  • other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? no

Have you ever played in a corn field? yes

Do you have a favorite board game? Scrabble

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mrs. Weber

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? The husband does that

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine?

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? About two years ago. I think it's boring.

Have you ever used crutches to walk? no

Red Dawn.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was I was putting my garbage out and a snake slithered through the leaves closeby and startled me.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? no

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is violin.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? no

When was the last time you used a rubber band? a couple weeks ago to secure a package of lunchmeat

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to shovel snow if we get the storm we are suppose to get tonight.

Th-th-that's all for now, boys and girls. Everyone save a safe Fryday and weekend. Remember to be kind to everyone you meet.

.[/quote]

Old 11-20-2015, 08:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
[quote=PJSinger;42001554]Hello, boys and girls! I can't believe another week has flown by. It's already time for your

I don't know Pam I think the snow might miss you guys. I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin. We might head to Chicago tomorrow for the lights festival. One million lights and snow. Perfection.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances?
A couple of days ago when John and I were heading out to walk to the store. I had to go back home and dress warmer. We were only a few feet from home.
Yes and ice skating too. I wasn't hurt but I did get hurt skiing last year. I re-injured the same leg from years ago. My binding didn't give way like it was supposed to.

It usually starts out that way but I usually take it off because it's best to keep the top of my head cooler with the super bug. It generates a lot of heat.

Yes. A cook book, flash lights, recipes, twist ties, a screw driver, some light bulbs.
Back in the 60's

• a dishcloth<-----------A clean one every time.
  • a sponge
  • other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo?
Yes those crazy neighborhood shorties used to come and get me so I could be it. I used to love to grab one and put them in front of me to be caught instead of me when someone else was it. I'd laugh so hard.
Have you ever played in a corn field?
Yes. It was dangerous because we were all high on acid and this train ran right next to the field. I liked all the funny creatures running around. It was scary and interesting except when we had to drive home
Do you have a favorite board game?
The Simpsons is the only board game I have. I need to take the shorties shopping for one. I think they will be with us for three days over New Years.
What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school?

I just remember mean old Mrs. Bielski.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system?
John did it in late September.

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it?
I would go to the gym at work once in awhile. I'd rather be outside walking with the boys.
They didn't last long. I'm sure that's why my ankle took longer to heal.
Red _Robin____________.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was one of the shorties hiding and jumping out to scare me. ______________________.

Yikes no.
Complete: My favorite musical instrument is _guitar__________.

Yes glasses. I just can't bring myself to put something on my eye. Ewww.
When was the last time you used a rubber band?

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to _finish detailing the antiques. I started that project three days ago and one piece can take 15 minutes. They sure look amazing when they're all clean and shiny. _It's a tedious job and I can only do it for a couple of hours at a time. John put me behind because he thought he put his gun in the safe for Halloween but he didn't and couldn't remember where he put it. It took hours to find it. _____________________.

Thanks Pam. It's almost time for roller skating. I have a picture of me and my boyfriend and a piece of Lucille's yummy lasagna for him. I hope he's there. Bestie lost her last old dog this week

Old 11-20-2015, 08:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,839 times
I would guess about 40 degrees.
A few weeks ago. I wore a t shirt when I should have been wearing a sweatshirt. I changed before I left.
Yes, but I've never been injured.
Sometimes

Yes, an assortment of odds and ends. Tape, scissors, box cutters, and toothpicks are among the various items in there.
Not lately

a dishcloth
a sponge
other Haven't washed anything for longer than I can remember
. .

No
A corn maze, if that counts.
Yes, although I haven't played one in a while. I used to like the board game Sorry!
Ms. Dingman, from the 5th grade.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system?
Not sure, I'm not the one who does that here.
About three weeks ago. When I got an oil change, they said it needed to be changed and wanted to charge an obscene amount to do it. Instead I went to AutoZone and picked one up for $8 and put it in myself. Took less than 5 minutes.
Never been on one
No
Red Herring.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was a video I watched last night on YouTube. It was of an abandoned house on the eastern shore here in Maryland. They mixed in some photos with creepy sound effects. I was genuinely startled by it..

No
Complete: My favorite musical instrument is the guitar.

No
Yesterday, put a new one on a remote control. The battery holder won't stay on.
Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to Not get up until after 10 (I work until 11 at nights on Fridays).

Old 11-20-2015, 08:34 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Feel free to give details in your answers.

So far, we've only had temperatures here in the 30s. Today it's supposed to get to 70.

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? I wouldn't try to guess except to say it would probably be during the winter months. When a "front" moves in out here, there's nothing to stand in its way.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? Yesterday. I walked out to the barn in my shirt sleeves and realized I needed a jacket.

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? Many times but I don't recall being injured very badly. (Knocks on wood.)

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? Not hat unless I'm mowing pastures. I wear a ball cap a lot around the farm

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? Two of them in the kitchen. From the top of my head and in the first, there are screws, bolts, nuts, wire, picture hanging hardware, probably a few dead batteries, unidentifiable small hardware, new vacuum cleaner belts, electrical repair parts, water hose repair parts, a small whetstone. . .

In the second drawer are screwdrivers, pliers, Crescent wrench, a box cutter, scissors, a tape, a stud finder, a hammer, . . .

When was the last time you used a TV tray? I'm using one at my PC this morning.

• a dishcloth
  • a sponge
  • other A cloth and scratchy-covered sponge.
Have you ever played Marco Polo? Nope.

Have you ever played in a corn field? Yep.

Do you have a favorite board game? I used to enjoy Monopoly.

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? The only one I remember is a Mrs. Hawkins in about the 2nd or 3rd grade.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? There are no filters on evaporative coolers and pellets stoves that we use.

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? Oops! Thanks for reminding me.

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? Yes and no. It's boring.

Have you ever used crutches to walk? No but I have an oak walking cane I use when I go for a walk on the road. I don't need it to walk but just to ward off any brave coyotes or stray dogs I happen to encounter.

Red _Planet_______.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was __stepping on a yellow jacket wasp at 3:00 am while visiting the John_____.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? Nope.

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is _an early 1960s Gibson Hummingbird guitar____. At least right now.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Eyeglasses and have worn them since about the time of Mrs. Hawkins class (see answer above).

When was the last time you used a rubber band? Last week. It came on something I had ordered.

Add rubber bands to the list of stuff in the junk drawer.

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to __clean house in preparation for Thanksgiving____.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:34 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Hello, boys and girls! I can't believe another week has flown by. It's already time for your

Not so drastic, maybe 90F to 50F?

It's not going to happen, because I have sweater, pair of shoes, and umbrella in my car all year around.

Last time in 1977 - I remember well, because I was pregnant at that time. Just a bruise to a knee. No injury.

Huh? Not a chance! Not even when is -10F!

Not in the kitchen. I have cabinets in my garage - there is all kind of junk hidden out of sight...

I don't have any.

a dishcloth
a sponge with a scrubber
other
. .

Yup. Hiding

Many. Chess, Backgammon, Go...

Two weeks ago. A/C or heater is not running now.

Not sure. It's checked/done by oil change.

Yes & yes.

Never.

Red Bull.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was .

No. I don't do any transactions per phone.

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is violin.

No. I don't need them anymore.

10 seconds ago

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to be a lazy bum.

Sure, I am a very kind person.

Thank you, Pammy!!!
Happy Friday everyone!!!

Last edited by elnina; 11-20-2015 at 11:50 AM..

Old 11-20-2015, 09:14 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times

In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? A few times a year, we have a difference of almost 50 degrees in one 24-hour period. It's nuts! But also something I like about the Midwest. The weather keeps us on our toes.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? Yesterday. What were the circumstances? The temp was still mild when I left home in the morning, and I knew it would be around 60 in the afternoon, so I dressed in lightweight clothes. By the time I left church after music rehearsals last night, the temp had dropped to 37 and I was freezing my off till the car warmed up!

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? Yep. At least a dozen or so times in my lifetime. If so, were you injured in the fall? It's been a few years since I fell on ice, I think, but about 12 years ago I fell forward on a slippery sidewalk while walking to work. I broke 2 fingers and had a gash on my forehead from where my sunglasses (yes, I wear sunglasses in winter because of the brightness of the snow) were pushed into my face. I also banged up my knee. I still have about .3 mile to walk before I reached the office, and I must have been quite a sight limping and with blood running down my face.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? Rarely. I'll only wear a hat if it's dangerously cold, such as 10F or colder. Even then, I sometimes forgo a hat if it's not windy.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? Yep. If so, what's in it? Odds and ends kitchen utensils including spatulas, lemon reamer, measuring spoons, pizza cutter, twist ties, vegetable peeler, meat thermometer, pie cutter, silicone lids and much more. None of it is junk, as it's all stuff I use on a fairly regular basis, but it's all tossed in one drawer without dividers. I have to root around sometimes to find the item I need.

When was the last time you used a TV tray? Last night, while writing the Fryday Questions.

• a dishcloth << This one. I always use a dishcloth.
  • a sponge Nope. They harbor too many germs.
  • a plastic thingy with a scrubber on the end I would like to have one of these but keep forgetting to pick one up at the store. It could come in handy, especially for washing glasses. I don't have a dishwasher, so I wash all of my dishes, utensils and pans by hand.
  • other
. .

Have you ever played Marco Polo? Yep. Used to play it with friends who lived on a farm when I was growing up. We played out in the fields and sometimes in the woods near their house.

Have you ever played in a corn field? Yep. Lots of times with my farm friends. When it was late summer and the corn was much taller than I was, it was pretty scary sometimes because it was so easy to get lost. I rarely let on to my friends, though, that I was frightened when we were separated. And then there were the spiders! Sometimes there would be big-ass spiders among the cornstalks and there was always the fear of walking into a web and meeting an arachnid face to face!

Do you have a favorite board game? It's hard for me to choose just one. It depends partly on whom I'm playing the games with. Favorite game to play with my sister is Scrabble. Favorite games to play with my board-game gang include Farkle, Apples to Apples, Scattergories, ImaginIf.

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mr. English, 6th grade math and science.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system? A few months ago. I'll be changing it again tomorrow.

When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? My car is fairly new and hasn't needed an air filter change yet. I have an appointment for Sparky's 12K checkup on November 27th and suspect the dealer will tell me I need a new air filter then. The air is pretty dirty around here (steel mills and other industry nearby, as well as farm fields), so air filters get pretty dirty.

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Yep; countless times. Did you enjoy it? Yes, I do enjoy using my treadmill. I enjoy using ones in hotels and gyms even more because they're better and more stable models than what I have at home. The best is using a treadmill on a cruise ship, looking over the ocean while working out.

Have you ever used crutches to walk? I tried them very briefly after I had my two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't get the hang of it. I depended on a kneel walker thingy instead, which was extremely helpful and gave me all the mobility I needed, both at home and in public. It was actually fun to use!

Red Ryder.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was when my alarm clock went off this morning.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? Not yet. I just purchased my first smart phone yesterday, and once the service is transferred over from my old phone, I hope to learn how to deposit my checks using the phone. As it is now, I have to go to the bank every week because my employer pays me weekly and does not offer direct deposit. It's a pain in the butt!

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is French Horn or Harp.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Yep. Glasses. I have progressive lenses, i.e., a section for reading, a section for PC monitor viewing and a section for longer distances. I don't need to wear my glasses for driving, though, because my distance vision is still very good. Occasionally I'll forget to take my glasses off before I get in the car, and after a block or two I'm annoyed because my depth perception is all screwed up and I have to take the glasses off.

When was the last time you used a rubber band? This morning. I used one to together an address/phone number book that has come apart at the binding.

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to sleep in for a while and then clean house, change the filter in my furnace, turn off the water to the outside spigot and fill my bird feeders.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:44 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
In your area, what is the greatest difference in high and low temperatures in one day that you can recall? About a 30 degree drop I think - 105 to 75.

When was the last time you left your home and discovered you were not dressed properly for the weather? What were the circumstances? Just a couple of days ago. I dressed for a meeting more warmly than usual because it was cool outside. They'd turned the heat on in the meeting room and it was sweltering!

Have you ever slipped on wet or icy pavement and fallen to the ground? If so, were you injured in the fall? I was clearing the snow from my WI driveway and my feet went out from under me -- flat on my face, still holding the shovel. No permanent injury thank goodness.

Do you wear a hat outside when the weather is cold? When I'm in WI (going there for Thanksgiving!) I wear a hat if it's under 20 degrees.

Do you have a junk drawer in your kitchen? If so, what's in it? I do, and it's full to overflowing with screwdrivers, keys, post-its, picture hooks, tape measures, pens and pencils, screws and nails, clothes brush, comb for the cats, nuts and bolts, etc., etc., etc.

When was the last time you used a TV tray? Decades ago. I have a set in my WI condo and have never used them.

• a dishcloth
  • a sponge
  • other - brush

Have you ever played Marco Polo?No -- don't know that game.
Have you ever played in a corn field? I haven't, though I've been in a corn maze.

Do you have a favorite board game? 5traight.

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Miss Lamberg.

When was the last time you changed the air filter in your home's heating/cooling system?A month or so ago --it's probably due. Unfortunately, it's up in the 9' ceiling and I have to get on a ladder to change it, so it doesn't get changed as often as it should.
When was the last time you changed, or you had someone else change, the air filter in your car's engine? I have a pretty new car and it hasn't even had its first oil change yet.

Have you ever walked on a treadmill? Did you enjoy it? I have and I don't like it!

Have you ever used crutches to walk? Nope.

Red Riding Hood.

Complete: The last thing that startled me was the news from Paris.

Do you deposit checks into your bank account using an app on your cell phone? I don't.

Complete: My favorite musical instrument is the cello.

Are you wearing eyeglasses or contacts right now? Nope.

When was the last time you used a rubber band? Can't remember. I have my watercolor pencils in a kind of rubber band -- one of those used to put hair in a pony tail.

Complete: This Saturday morning I plan to play cards with my friends.

Thanks Pam -- hope you have a great weekend. Happy Fryday everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics