Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 547 times

Advertisements

Moved to a new city 2 years ago. After my 1st yr here I met a producer. I rap/write music & once I met him I was eager to get in the studio. I was excited because prior to him, I'd made no music connects since my move. He seemed excited about my work too saying things like "we have to get in the studio asap!" But something always came up on his end. Time after time, after setting up dates and times to meet at his studio, he would cancle, saying things like he had to work, he was sick and etc. & I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I wanted to believe him and he was the only connect I had.

Over the course of this year, he's also sent me beats to write to and FOR FREE, which made me a suspicious. But my rationale was "maybe he's just eager for exposure." or "maybe he's just looking out for me." Then the beats that he sends me sound so different from each other. Most producers have a signature sound. All of the beats he sent me ranged from super beginner to elaborate/super technical master producer stuff. Then after taking a closer listen, I noticed that the more elaborate beats he sent me has tags on them. A production tag (name) that I've heard in the streets since I've been here. So I'm thinking maybe the guy I'm daalunf with may be taking anther producers work and passing it off as his own? Totally taking advantage of the fact that I have no music connects here.

And I still haven't been in his studio nor have I met any of his music connects that he's supposed to be introducing me to. It's like he doesn't want to introduce me to anyone he's affiliated with; like he's hiding something. Now, 2 days ago he swore me to studio time yet again for this coming Monday. Then yesterday he said he has to bring the studio to my house for whatever reason. Then today he said he can't come because he has to work but his brother, who mixes and masters, that I've never met before - can come and bring the studio to my house along with another buddy of his (that I've also never met) but only for 2 hours because they have to be to work at a certain time. And he's been calling me all night to confirm this time (which is supposed to be 4 pm tomorrow.) but now I don't want to. First, I don't know his brother and his partner, I'm a young lady who lives alone. Second, two hours is not enough time. I feel like I'm being rushed. I also feel like this "producer" is putting me in this tight, compromising position on purpose so I'll decline and then he can blame me for not wanting to work. I'm pissed because I've wasted time waiting on him thinking he'd come through.

I'm currently looking for producers and studio time. Does my mans sound like a fraud or could these happenings just be coincidences? I just need to hear someone other than myself say it.

Last edited by Aynhairama; 02-07-2016 at 09:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 09:19 PM

684 posts, read 514,970 times
whats the old saying ... if it sounds too good to be true then often times it is .. well in your case this guy is clearly a scam artist. I would NOT allow them to my house to case my joint to see what I have, where I live, and who my family and friends are. You are putting yourself and your family in danger because you really do not know these people at all.

Run away as fast as you can!

Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 PM

684 posts, read 514,970 times
let me also add that if this guy was really professional he would have you to his studio. The fact he is asking to come to your house indicates he has no studio and is just BSing you with a scam.

I'd demand to see his studio, a professional location / address and even ask him for business references. If he is legit he will show you all these things, if he is a scam artist he will try talking his way out of them or offering excuses such as telling you his clients are all private and confidential.

Again for me its a VERY clear case of scam and BS ..I'm sorry you have to even ask others to tell you what you already know but still try holding out hope for. This is a lost cause.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:42 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
Just ask Billy Joel.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:56 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker
whats the old saying ... if it sounds too good to be true then often times it is .. well in your case this guy is clearly a scam artist. I would NOT allow them to my house to case my joint to see what I have, where I live, and who my family and friends are. You are putting yourself and your family in danger because you really do not know these people at all.

Run away as fast as you can!
Ya dont take a chance UNLESS EVERYTHING IS UP FRONT!! (Ya cant blindly trust ppl these days)

Welcome to city-data
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics