Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 07:33 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Good evening all, Ive been asked to do the qotd for tomorrow so here goes~~~yes, its early but I wont have time in the morning~~~

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person?
Were there any really scary tricks he pulled (such as sawing a person in half, or turning into a lion...)?
Have you ever been used, as a random person in an audience for a magician?

If you could have 'magical' powers for an hour, what would you want to do? (Pease keep it clean....)

When was the last time you had any Mexican style food?
What did you have?

Do you know how to make home made refried beans?

Have you ever been to Mexico?
Can you make chimichangas?

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you?

Have you ever lived in Florida?
Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there?

Would you live there if you could?
Can you name three things about Florida you would like?
How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like?
Do you have friends/family who live there?

One more magical question~~~

Do you know the secret to not losing socks in the washer or dryer? If you do, what is yours?

Have a wonderful week everyone, enjoy the 80+ degree weather this part of Az is supposed to be getting this week~~~~
🌟🌟🌕🌕🌄🌄🌇✳

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-10-2016 at 08:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 07:34 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post

Good evening all, Ive been asked to do the qotd for tomorrow so here goes~~~yes, its early but I wont have time in the morning~~~
Cool beans - thanks!

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person? Yes plenty of times
Were there any really scary tricks he pulled (such as sawing a person in half, or turning into a lion...)? I'm not remembering scary magic but might've seen some.
Have you ever been used, as a random person in an audience for a magician? No but that could be cool

If you could have 'magical' powers for an hour, what would you want to do? (Pease keep it clean....)

When was the last time you had any Mexican style food? A couple weeks ago. Ummm actually more recent if you count Taco Bell
What did you have?
At the real restaurant I had chile verde
Do you know how to make home made refried beans? Hmmmm us know - I don't think I ever have! I've mashed beans and had canned refried beans but never actually made them myself

Have you ever been to Mexico? No but I'd like to
Never have and don't want to - made homemade tamales though!

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you? My husband

Have you ever lived in Florida? No
Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there? Sure why not?

Would you live there if you could? Not my first choice
Can you name three things about Florida you would like? Sunny skies, warm weather, natural areas
How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like? It gets a bad rap for weird illegal stuff
Do you have friends/family who live there? Yes

Do you know the secret to not losing socks in the washer or dryer? If you do, what is yours?

Have a wonderful week everyone, enjoy the 80+ degree weather this part of Az is supposed to be getting this week~~~~
��������������✳

I wish!

Awesome! Thanks WW!
Oh crud my answers are in your same color and font. I'm on my iPad and can't be bothered to edit all that. Gotta find better way to post these from my iPad!

Last edited by toosie; 02-08-2016 at 07:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Yes.
Were there any really scary tricks he pulled (such as sawing a person in half, or turning into a lion...)?
No.
Yes.

Fly.

Yesterday.
What did you have?
Chalupas.

Yes.

Yes, many times.
Yes.

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you?
My sister.

Have you ever lived in Florida? No.
No. The only place I eat Cajun food is in Louisiana.

Would you live there if you could? Nope.
The water
The citrus fruit

Sink holes
'gators
Too hot
No.

Line dry them.

��������������✳

Thanks, WW.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:05 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times

Yes, mostly on TV. I think a magician performed at our school once.
I remember watching a person sawed in half, but I knew it was a trick so it didn't scare me.
No

I would want to become invisible.

About two months ago
What did you have?
I think I had tacos.
No, but I don't imagine it is that difficult.
Yes, when I was very young. I barely remember it.
No, I'm not a fan of chimichangas, so I have never tried to make them.

My friend Beth
No, I have visited twice, though.
Yes, I love Cajun food (as long as it isn't overly spicy).

No, I prefer my home state, California.
White sand beaches, mild winters, key lime pie
Gigantic bugs, hurricanes, humidity
Not at present. I have cousins who used to live in Boca.

What, there's a secret? I didn't know. The only one I've heard of is a plastic disc thing you can buy that keeps the socks together.

Thanks, wisconsin woman. Good job!

Old 02-08-2016, 08:10 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person? TV yes.
Were there any really scary tricks he pulled (such as sawing a person in half, or turning into a lion...)? The cutting someone in half trick. And make a truck disappear.
Have you ever been used, as a random person in an audience for a magician? Nope.

If you could have 'magical' powers for an hour, what would you want to do? (Pease keep it clean....) Make all the illinesses of the world go away.

When was the last time you had any Mexican style food? Never had any.
What did you have?

Do you know how to make home made refried beans? I don't even know how to open a can of beans properly...

Have you ever been to Mexico? No.
Can you make chimichangas? I don't know what it is so I'm sure that no.

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you? My mother, I guess, but since I don't think I would like too much out there, I'd just give the two for her so she could bring my father along.

Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there? I don't know.

Would you live there if you could? No.
Can you name three things about Florida you would like? N/A.
How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like? N/A.
Do you have friends/family who live there? No.

Do you know the secret to not losing socks in the washer or dryer? If you do, what is yours? No, I don't know.

��������������✳

Old 02-08-2016, 08:25 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

I would increase the amount in my bank account considerably.

When was the last time you had any Mexican style food? Really often! Burrito last night.
What did you have? Enchiladas, tacos, burritos, etc.

Have you ever been to Mexico? 3 or 4 times. Maybe 5
Can you make chimichangas? Yes! I think most of us can fry a burrito.

Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there? Sure! I'd give it a try.

Would you live there if you could? Wouldn't be in my top 10 choices probably.
Can you name three things about Florida you would like? Disney World, Epcot and the beaches.
How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like? Mostly what we all hear about.

��������������✳
Thanks WW! Nice job.

Last edited by SATX56; 02-08-2016 at 08:43 PM..

Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times

I used to be fascinated by those David Copperfield TV specials growing up. Of course that sort of thing doesn't impress me anymore. David Blaine is entertaining but I've Googled most of his tricks to see how they're done.

Yes, the sawing in half used to freak me out.

Wipe as many horrible diseases off the face of the earth as possible.

What did you have?

Some sort of salad bowl thing at this charming little Mexican food restaurant a couple of streets over called Taco Bell. I think it's a chain, so check them out if you want authentic Mexican cuisine.

I'm going to make some chicken and spinach enchiladas one day this week.

Put them in the blender.

No.

No.

How many people?

No.

I'm part Cajun so ... no.

Yes.

1. Close proximity to Disney/Universal because I'm a dork like that.
2. I think it's pretty nice. Most areas anyway.
3. Alligators are cute.

1. The stereotype of there being a lot of crazy people living there. I'm sure it's just a stereotype.
2. Heat and humidity slightly worse than what I already deal with.
3. Alligators.

I did, but they have moved.

No secret. It's just one of those things.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:48 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Good evening all, Ive been asked to do the qotd for tomorrow so here goes~~~yes, its early but I wont have time in the morning~~~ - We do appreciate your time. Thanks for posting them!

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person? - Penn and Teller.
A few amateur ones when I was a kid. I also remember an ex-coworker briefly who was pretty good too.

- 4th Grade or so. It didn't work out so well. Long story short I was made fun of by mean classmates because I was nervous.

Make Donald Trump disappear. He really scares me.

What did you have?
- Taco's, guessing last year.

Do you know how to make home made refried beans? - Nope.

No / no.

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you? - Sadly I would have to only take one of them. No chance I could get anyone in my small circle to go with me.

Have you ever lived in Florida? - No but I spent a lot of time in that state, especially after my father died and my mother was living alone. That was central Florida.

Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there? - Sure.

Would you live there if you could? - Too hot for me. I would not want to do it.

Can you name three things about Florida you would like? - I could not.

How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like? - Heat, humidity, violent thunderstorms.

Do you have friends/family who live there? - My brother lives in the Miami area.

- Nothing to add because I do not lose them.

Have a wonderful week everyone, enjoy the 80+ degree weather this part of Az is supposed to be getting this week~~~~ - We are getting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow. I have the day off, first in 9 days.

Enjoy, WW. Nice job with the Questions as always.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person? On tv.
Were there any really scary tricks he pulled (such as sawing a person in half, or turning into a lion...)? The trick where someone is in a box and the magician puts several swords all over never touching the person.
Have you ever been used, as a random person in an audience for a magician? Not for a magician, only for a hypnotist in high school.

If you could have 'magical' powers for an hour, what would you want to do? (Pease keep it clean....) Be invisible and smack a few politicians upside their heads.

When was the last time you had any Mexican style food? I don't care for Mexican food except for chili and I haven't had any in several months.
What did you have? See answer above.

Do you know how to make home made refried beans? Never made them.

Have you ever been to Mexico? No.
Can you make chimichangas? Maybe.

You just won an all expense paid trip for two, for a week, to Florida Key West. Who would you want to take with you? A friend who I haven't seen in quite awhile.

Would you eat a Cajun style meal while there? Maybe.

Would you live there if you could? No.
Can you name three things about Florida you would like? The Daytona 500, seeing a couple of relatives and that's about it.
How about three things about Florida you wouldn't like? The heat, bugs and hurricanes.
Do you have friends/family who live there? Yes.

Do you know the secret to not losing socks in the washer or dryer? Nope. If you do, what is yours?

🌟🌟🌕🌕🌄🌄🌇✳

Old 02-08-2016, 09:35 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post

Have you ever watched a magician, whether on tv or in person? On TV only
Have you ever been used, as a random person in an audience for a magician? N/A

I'd make sure my lotto numbers were the winning combo!

Last week or the week before.
What did you have?
Believe it was chicken fajitas or it could have been the beef tamales, both at home.

You betcha, open those cans and heat 'em up w/all the extra goodies I add, top 'em off w/cheese, perfect!

Six-month work (& some play) assignment
Never tried, no need, don't think I could compete with those my favorite restaurants make.

Someone very special... unless I decided to take a stranger instead!

Have you ever lived in Florida? Nearby
No, fresh seafood all the way... the best Cajun food is found in Louisiana!

Possibly in the NW Panhandle
Sun, sea & food
All of those darn OLD people, Spring-Break kiddos and did I mention all of those OLD people!
Several all over FL

Do you know the secret to not losing socks in the washer or dryer?
If you do, what is yours?
Buy at least six pair of the same kind and you'll always have a match even if one of a pair wears out.

��������������✳

Thanks WW for Tuesday's QotD, great job filling in! Enjoy your 80+ heat while we freeze in very windy 20s here in the South tonight & tomorrow night... hmmm, something sounds so backwards about all of that!

Enjoy All!

..*.Today is Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras Day February 9th, 2016! *

Fun facts: Did you know that annually Mardi Gras Day is a state holiday
for all of Louisiana, as well as a State holiday for Alabama, but only for
two of its counties, Mobile and Baldwin Counties!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-08-2016 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics