Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 01:27 AM

16,672 posts, read 17,437,937 times

Advertisements

Greetings peevers.

Wow- it's a lovely bright crisp morning and before long it will really start to feel spring like, or at least I really do hope so! I can't wait!

As is often the case I started typing with a vague idea of the POTW, but as my eyes wandered around the desk, something caught my attention which has led to a new one.

I cleared out a sleeve in my Filofax yesterday- yep, I still use it over thirty years on.

In it were those loyalty stamp cards which get a stamp on it when you spend so much at a time. There's three from the garden centre, all only part filled, and a couple from a local bookshop, again each only part filled.

In order to get a discount the card needs to be fully filled, but I know that they will sort me out.

Anyway, there's the peeve- do you hqave a similar situation where you can't find the card for stamping? Maybe you've forgotten to take along a money off voucher? Or maybe there was an ad in the paper giving money off on presentation?

Let us know because the POTW is;

Darn- where's that money off form?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 AM

First off I want to post what I think is a great Oscar photo, taken of Faye Dunaway after winning hers in the film Network in 1976- blimey, forty years ago!

It was taken by the extremely well known photographer Terry O'Neill.

Actually, I think that it's a great photo, full stop.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:41 AM

Back to my more usual.less glitzy stuff, and this week is a combination of a couple of trips. Some are of a wander round some private grounds. Others are taken from a road that I haven't used in a long time.

It ends up overlooking the Vale Of Pewsey near my old stomping ground. I used to walk my first dog along there and also used to go horse riding up onto the ridges. Heaven.

These are taken round that Vale. Sadly I couldn't get photos from the ridge, looking down from my side, but I'll look to put that right later in the year.

Oh, and I'm going to show him again, cos I can!

Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Absolutely beautiful photos Jezer

I always have my garden card or Canadian Tire card with me in my wallet so I never ran in any issues.If there are any discount coupons I cut them and also put them in my wallet.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:29 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Darn- where's that money off form?

It is rather disappointing when you get all your purchases checked out and you find you left the coupons at home. Some stores will allow the discount using the last 4 numbers of your phone number.

Your old stomping grounds look like a neat place to explore.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:59 PM

21,547 posts, read 8,727,966 times
I've got a whole drawer full of those cards that get stamped every time you make a purchase. But I could count on one finger the number of times I've ever completely filled a card and gotten the whatever-it-is reward. Those customer loyalty cards are so easy to misplace, and I always forget to bring them when I shop. I wish they would dispense with all that nonsense and just lower their prices across the board.

Amazing photos. That first one looks like some type of Victorian-era boat shelter. I can picture ladies in ankle-length dresses, picture hats and mutton-chop sleeves being helped into the boats by gentlemen in straw boaters with waxed mustaches. If only that tree with all the bends and twists could talk. It must have so many stories to tell.

Thanks, Jez!

Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Occasionally I go out and forget some discount coupons. My bad she says.

Again great pictures Jezer.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
I love getting some money off on items I purchase…. Today I was able to save an extra $8 bucks on a book bag I bought at the Barns & Noble store on a today only sale if I printed out a coupon from the email they sent me. I’m always a happy camper with getting a bargain. And while out to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants I saved another $9.14 that that was leftover money from an old “gift card” I had received last year; I found it in the kitchen cabinet. I wonder how much money is never used on those old cards that get misplaced? It could run in the millions that is just sitting there waiting…………..

Nice pictures Jezer

Old 02-29-2016, 11:40 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I wonder how much money is never used on those old cards that get misplaced? It could run in the millions that is just sitting there waiting…………..

Nice pictures Jezer
From 2011 article...
Lost Money: $41 Billion In Gift Cards Haven't Been Redeemed Since 2005 : The Two-Way : NPR

From 2013 article...
$1 billion in gift cards go unredeemed - MarketWatch

Old 03-03-2016, 06:07 AM

30,531 posts, read 16,226,596 times
yes-most notably after a local grocery store did a remodel and had a 20% off any one purchase, that day only. I went and bought a lot of groceries. A whole lot of groceries, some for the local food pantry and of course mostly for me. (you know where this is going, right?) I had a couple of coupons clipped from their ad. I did get my senior discount-5%. Got out to the car, reached for my keys, and there it was. The unused forgotten 20% off coupon. I gave it to a couple passing by. They seemed appreciative.

Left me wondering when they were going to do their next remodel.

Love those photos, Jezer. Have you ever done a photo book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics