Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times

Advertisements

It's after midnight Saturday in eastern Canada and much of South America. Close enough!

Today's Eye Watering Questions:
Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies?

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work?

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose?

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be?
What would you do with those acres?

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim:

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well?

The older I get the more I ______________

Last thing you used scissors on:

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it?

Today Includes:
International Sports Car Racing Day
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun
the ancient Greek goddess of the earth

Today's Funny Quote:
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes WTF."

All the more reason to have a happy Saturday! Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 09:26 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
It's after midnight Saturday in eastern Canada and much of South America. Close enough!

I suppose some...

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose?
English! I know it fairly well but am forgetting after being surrounded by Spanish for so long.
If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be? Downtown New York. I'd sell them and buy all i wanted wherever.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well?
The older I get the more I ___complain___________

Helping the Ggirls cut material for doll house rugs and curtains.

Foodie Q:
Watermelon, cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, peach and green grapes.

Today Includes:
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

Today's Funny Quote:

Thanks BJH! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-18-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies? Yes big time..........

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work? other than myself

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose? Spanish

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be? In the heart of downtown Hollywood.

What would you do with those acres? Lease the property out for mega $$$$$

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim: Maybe the last time was Hawaii

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well? Depends on what the topic is?

The older I get the more I __forget____________

Last thing you used scissors on: ID cards,,, I needed to cut 'em up and trash them...

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it? grapes, pineapple, different melons, strawberries, nuts (several different types) and some coconuts chips and whip-cream

Today Includes:
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

Today's Funny Quote:

Last edited by AksarbeN; 03-18-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 09:30 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
If I could wake up with a fluent language....I'd choose Russian. Always wanted to learn that one.
My acreage would be in Oklahoma. Where else. I could have my own mini farm. Last thing I used scissors for, cutting open a package of bacon.
Happy Saturday!

Old 03-18-2016, 09:48 PM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times

Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies? Yes, some.

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work? Oh yes, lots of people

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose? Spanish

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be? New York City
What would you do with those acres? Sell it for a bunch of money

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim: north shore in Hawaii. Palm Beach on St. Maarten's.

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well? Take care

The older I get the more I whine

Last thing you used scissors on: a craft project at Day Care.

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it? Grapes, berries, pineapple, apples, pears, kiwi's, cherries.

Today Includes:
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

Today's Funny Quote:

All the more reason to have a happy Saturday! Enjoy![/quote]

Old 03-18-2016, 10:01 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
No, I guess I've been lucky.
There have been a few of those types who make everyone's life more difficult. I think just about every workplace has at least one.
I think that Spanish would be the most useful because of where I live, but I would also love to be fluent in French, German or Italian.
If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere in the world, where would they be?
I would like a mountain retreat in the Sierra, not too far from a ski resort.
The last memorable swim I can think of was in Hawaii, but that was over 25 years ago.
Best wishes, all the best or best regards
The older I get the more
I realize how much I don't know.

I cut out a coupon

Foodie Q:
Bananas, mango, blueberries, papaya, strawberries, watermelon, kiwi, pineapple

Today Includes:

Goddess of Fertility Day <---- That lets me out!

Thanks, bjh!

Old 03-18-2016, 10:09 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times

Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies? No.

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work? Yes.

Italian.
If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be? Maybe Hawaii! I would grow and sell macadamia nuts.
What would you do with those acres? See answer above.

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim: Can't recall since I don't really swim much.

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well? It all depends who it is to and what I am saying.

The older I get the more I ____think about certain things.

Last thing you used scissors on: Cut up a small carton.

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it? Watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, cherries some grapes and coconut flakes.

Today Includes:
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

Today's Funny Quote:

All the more reason to have a happy Saturday! Enjoy![/quote]

Thanks bjh, and same to you.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:21 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies? Occasionally.

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work? A few people.

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose? Fragnostic.

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere in the world, where would they be? Mt. Fujiyama.
What would you do with those acres? Build a stadium and sell tickets to wait & watch for an historic eruption.

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim: Back in the teenage days skinny dippin' in the river in the mountains of So. California.

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well? Usually just the name, sometimes thank you or sincerely depending on the type of letter or note.

The older I get the more I wrinkle.

Last thing you used scissors on: Cutting out the crossword puzzle in the paper today.

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it? The banana-papaya-raspberry-apple-pineapple-cherry, blueberry-blackberry-orange 'fruity fruit salad' with a dash of peanut butter on the side.

Today Includes:
[/b]International Sports Car Racing Day
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

[b]Today's Funny Quote:

bjh

Old 03-18-2016, 10:31 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

They come w/our very high tree pollen levels we've been experiencing everyday here lately, i.e., sneezing, watery eyes & runny nose even w/allergy meds (is as attractive as it sounds, too ), along with everything outside covered with yellow pollen. Thankfully, this too shall pass, and hopefully much of it will be washed away with the rain tonight.

LoL, more than a few sure seemed to be!

Most likely Spanish as I would get the most use out of it.

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere in the world, where would they be? Could we split that up into five separate two-acre parcels instead? If so, I'd have two in Texas, somewhere between the Dallas/Waco area, two on the AL coast, two in the Colorado mountains, two in the Tennessee mountains, and two on the Oregon Coast.
That would take some planning, but would include a little living space or maybe just a setup for a traveling RV & leaving the rest as much as possible in its natural state.

Every time we go to the beach, even if we actually only swim in the pool and just walk the beach & wade.

For business, it's always, Sincerely... as a mod it was always Regards... the rest depending on the person corresponding with.

The older I get the more I _enjoy life in its simplicity_

Cutting open a package.

Foodie Q:
Sometimes it's ambrosia w/fresh oranges, pineapple and coconut; other times a waldorf salad w/apples, celery & raisins or carrots/celery/raisin salad, and now w/all of the fresh strawberries in abundance it'd be a simple mixture of the strawberries w/fresh pineapple chunks.

Today Includes:
Goddess of Fertility Day
Corn Dog Day

Today’s Word:
Gaea [jee-uh] noun

Today's Funny Quote:

Thanks bjh for Saturday's QotD, right on time!

Happy Saturday, Happy 1st Day of Spring all, enjoy!

Spring Equinox 2016 arrives on the 19th or 20th depending on your time zone:
- Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 09:30 PM PDT
- Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 10:30 PM MDT
- Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 11:30 PM CDT
- Sunday,.. March 20, 2016 at 12:30 AM EDTf
- Sunday,.. March 20, 2016 at 04:30 UTC (Universal Time)

Old 03-18-2016, 11:24 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
Ah-choo! Do you experience springtime allergies? I'm just allergic to poison ivy/sumac etc. which is worse in summer

Have you ever known of anyone who was allergic to work? Most of us, now and then

If you could wake up tomorrow fluent in a language you don't already know well, which one would you choose? Mandarin would be pretty useful in this day and age. But I just read about words on ancient Egyptian papyrus rolls being made readable when scanned by lasers, and it would be so cool to know how to read ancient Egyptian and be one of the people who could read a papyrus roll for the first time!

If you could own, free and clear, 10 contiguous acres anywhere inthe world, where would they be? Well, I already do in America, and it's a farm. Anywhere else in the world? Hmmmmm. I guess maybe India, so that I could:
What would you do with those acres? kick all of the humans out and have a sanctuary for elephants to roam freely.

Recent/memorable time or place you went for a swim: Can't even remember.

Sincerely yours, Best regards, Cheers, etc. How do you end an email or letter to someone you don't know all that well? I use "Best" because it is so completely meaningless.

The older I get the more I ___just don't care what you think of me___________

Last thing you used scissors on: Tonight I put together a new cat tree that came via Amazon/UPS, and I used a pair of scissors (pinking shears, actually) to open the box.

Foodie Q:
Think up a fruit salad and tell us what's in it? Grapes, blackberries, walnuts, purple cabbage and crumbled feta cheese.

Thanks again, BJH

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics