Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:59 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,325 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

How are you today? Ready to take on some Questions? Sit back, relax, take a sip, and answer the following...

Today's Question(s):

Some people choose "typical" breakfast favorites, such as cold cereal, some people choose more varied morning fare. What does your first meal of the day look like? Is it much the same every day? Or does it from day to day?...............My breakfast varies. Sometimes it's a piece of toast or just juice. When I have time I will have some oatmeal or French toast.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like.............No

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it?............Working on my nails.

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1975 Ron Wood replaces Mick Taylor as Rolling Stone guitarist
Birthday: 1937 Morgan Freeman, U.S. Actor
Science/Technology: 1869 Voting machine patented by Thomas A. Edison
Sports: 1992 Stanley Cup: Pittsburgh Penguins sweep Chicago Blackhawks in 4 games

Today’s Word:
fetid
Pronunciation: (FET-tid, FEE-TID)
Meaning: adjective: Having a strong unpleasant odor.
Etymology: From Latin fetere (to stink).
Earliest documented use: 1599.

Today is:
Buddha's Birthday
National Go Barefoot Day.................I seldom even go barefoot in the house anymore.
National Running Day..............I ran yesterday for the first time since I broke my heel. It wasn't very far or long. But I ran!!!
Say Something Nice Day...........More people should try this.
Stand For Children Day..........Everyday!!!

Quote of the Day:
"Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen - that stillness becomes a radiance." ~ Morgan Freeman ~

Have a good day everyone! .............Ditto from me. 😃
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:05 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Some people choose "typical" breakfast favorites, such as cold cereal, some people choose more varied morning fare. What does your first meal of the day look like? Is it much the same every day? Or does it from day to day? I cook the same breakfast for my wife and I 6 days a week. On Sundays I let "Ronald" cook. lol I stick some frozen Grands buttermilk biscuits in the oven, and frozen sausage patties on the skillet. When those are done I fry an egg for each, breaking the yolk. Makes a good sausage and egg breakfast!

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like. Nope

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it? Doing absolutely nothing and totally enjoying it!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:17 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Mornin' all!

How are you today? Ready to take on some Questions? Sit back, relax, take a sip, and answer the following...

Today's Question(s):

Some people choose "typical" breakfast favorites, such as cold cereal, some people choose more varied morning fare. What does your first meal of the day look like? Is it much the same every day? Or does it from day to day?
I hardly ever eat breakfast unless you count one of those yogurts you drink once in awhile. I have a cup of green tea every morning and that's it.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like.

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it? relaxing, reading or surfing the web.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:32 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Today's Question(s):
Some people choose "typical" breakfast favorites, such as cold cereal, some people choose more varied morning fare. What does your first meal of the day look like? Is it much the same every day? Or does it from day to day?
It varies. Sometimes breakfast-y, sometimes leftovers, or a sandwich.
Yesterday I had scrambled eggs, ham and a muffin. Today I had a chicken sandwich and carrot sticks. Tomorrow? We'll see.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story?

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it? Surf the net.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:04 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

I eat all sorts of good things for breakfast. It could be chicken wings or lasagna....or eggs and potatoes...or a giant sub sandwich...or pizza...or tacos...or even a few pints of beer depending on the variance of everyday living. I have diabetes and so I sometimes need to have a fast change in glucose levels and that's a factor. Yayyyy!

Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like.

Ummm...hell no. Excepting maybe Clint Eastwood movies...which I do bring up when someone is being a total wimp about going to the dentist or when they don't want to go out in the rain! I tell them about Clint! I use that as a guide for my own life. I tell the dentist to just 'let 'er' rip!'

Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it?

Cooking up something great to eat! Yayyyyy!

Have a good day everyone! [/quote]

Thanks! Hello everyone!

Last edited by rainroosty; 06-01-2016 at 07:19 AM..

Old 06-01-2016, 07:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Today's Question(s):

Cold cereal with skim milk maybe a slight variation for which cold cereal. I buy the onesy containers so no bowl to wash and I know the exact number of carbs for the serving.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story?
Nope.

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it?

I'm re-watching all seasons of Homeland right now so maybe I'll watch an extra hour.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:30 AM

18,530 posts, read 1,428,441 times
Today's Question(s):

It varies between two styles of eggs, Bob's Mills 10-Grain Hot cereal/hot oatmeal, Pancakes/French Toast/Waffles

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like. None

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spend it? I might choose just to contemplate the blessings in the day as well as try to understand my "failures"

Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
How are you today?

Ready to take on some Questions?

Sit back, relax, take a sip, and answer the following...

Today's Question(s):
Normally several cups of coffee and some toast. nothing special however once or twice a week I might go out for some ham & eggs at a local cafe.

Bonus Question(s):
No,

Just for Fun:
I'd like an extra hour of sleep................

Old 06-01-2016, 08:27 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today's Question(s):
Some people choose "typical" breakfast favorites, such as cold cereal, some people choose more varied morning fare. What does your first meal of the day look like? Is it much the same every day? Or does it from day to day? Usually bagel or English muffin with a side of fruit. Sometimes I'll have either sausage or bacon with them.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there a book or movie that you use any excuse to bring up, and "plug," because it is so much "your" story? Feel free to name the title of said book or movie if you like. Never thought of it.

Just for Fun:
Tommy the Time Fairy is going to grant you a 25th hour just for today. How will you spent it? Resting.

Happy Hump Day.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:06 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Today's Question(s):

It depends on what I feel like eating and if I have it in the cupboard or fridge.
Currently I have individual servings of Quiche Lorraine in the freezer. I really like them. This morning I ate toast with sliced tomatoes.

Bonus Question(s):
I can't think of a book that is "my story."

Just for Fun:
Surfing the internet.

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1975 Ron Wood replaces Mick Taylor as Rolling Stone guitarist
Birthday: 1937 Morgan Freeman, U.S. Actor One very cool dude.
Science/Technology: 1869 Voting machine patented by Thomas A. Edison
Sports: 1992 Stanley Cup: Pittsburgh Penguins sweep Chicago Blackhawks in 4 games
I'm a huge fan of the Blackhawks and when it comes down to it, I also love Chicago the city.
Today’s Word:
fetid
Pronunciation: (FET-tid, FEE-TID)
Meaning: adjective: Having a strong unpleasant odor.
Etymology: From Latin fetere (to stink).
Earliest documented use: 1599.

Today is:
Buddha's Birthday
National Go Barefoot Day
National Running Day
Say Something Nice Day
Stand For Children Day

Quote of the Day:
"Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen - that stillness becomes a radiance." ~ Morgan Freeman ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks, PC. This was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics