Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nims View Post
Rude people -- who don't hold doors or thank you for holding for them, who cut in lines, who are rude to store clerks (and, unfortunately, the list goes on and on....)
Yes, this is the one for me. In particular, those who don't say thank you when thank you is obviously appropriate.

By the way, THANK YOU Nims for posting this one.

Charley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 AM

214 posts, read 270,716 times
When a cop and you are facing each other, both in turning lanes, he gets his green turning light, I get mine, then with no emergency lights, no turn signal, no warning what so ever the cop decides not to turn but go straight and misses side swiping me by meer inches..in my NEW Mercedes-Benz. Causing me to speed up and slide when I hit a sheet of ice. The whole thing scared the gummy bears right out of my youngens. I called and reported his car number and of coarse nothing was done, but they would of raked me over the coals it it had been reversed.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but fashion trends have really gone to the toilet. As others mentioned, the very baggy pants, that are about 5 sizes bigger than the person who wears them. That alone is one thing, but when somebody wants to show everybody else what kind of underwear they're wearing, that makes me wonder about what kind of fashion statement these people are trying to make?

Also, over this past weekend, I went into a store, and one of the female workers had a mohawk haircut, and she had piercings all over her face, her face looked like it was riveted together! She also had both of her arms completely tattooted! I sure hate to find out what else she has in the areas you can't see! I also hope this gal doesn't have to board an airplane and go through security checkpoints! I know if I had a daughter like that, I would probably disown her!

Piercing and tattoos, when done in moderation, don't bother me, but this person definitely went WAY overboard!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Heres one, People that wait until the checker is done and then start digging to find their debit card, heres the fix, get your debit card out while the checker is adding up your bill instad of waiting.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,935,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Heres one, People that wait until the checker is done and then start digging to find their debit card, heres the fix, get your debit card out while the checker is adding up your bill instad of waiting.

LOL!!!! I got behind a lady, just yesterday, that was writting a check. She didn't start writting anything on it until she got the final total. Like what did she think, mid-checking the name of the store was gonna change or even the date?!?!?!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That alone is one thing, but when somebody wants to show everybody else what kind of underwear they're wearing, that makes me wonder about what kind of fashion statement these people are trying to make?
Be thankful they are wearing undies ... eh Ms. Spears!

Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but fashion trends have really gone to the toilet. As others mentioned, the very baggy pants, that are about 5 sizes bigger than the person who wears them. That alone is one thing, but when somebody wants to show everybody else what kind of underwear they're wearing, that makes me wonder about what kind of fashion statement these people are trying to make?

Piercing and tattoos, when done in moderation, don't bother me, but this person definitely went WAY overboard!
The wife and me were shopping and the guy in front of us was wearing the baggy pants orund his knees with the underwaer showing, he was wearing a womans thong, you talk about gross, his butt was showing, we got a good laugh at it.
Another gross one was at Wallyworld, two twin brothers in their 60's one dressed as a man one as a woman and they were a couple kinda raised the bar on incest

Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM

214 posts, read 270,716 times
Oh I hate it when people do that..don't start filling their check until everything is wrong up and they are done BSing

Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Muffin tops and whale tails.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Camel toe ... ugggggghhhhhhh. I'd rather see the whale tail bunched between the muffin factor!
The way this is worded me me , but . . .

I had absolutely NO idea what any of this meant! I've either lived in the boonies way too long, or I'm extremely naive, or I'm excessively glad I don't get TV reception! If nothing else, I'm certainly not as current on slang terminology as I thought (which could be a good thing). Google has given me an education!

Let's suffice it to say that camel toes, whale tails, and the muffin factor all make me twitch! In my not so humble opinion, none of them are . It's sad (and IMO embarrassing) when women of any age dress in a way that one site summed up as the "sl*t factor." Unfortunately, the camel toe effect takes place with many styles of women's pants. (That's one reason why I prefer to wear dresses.)

Warning to anyone doing a Google search: Stick to the Wikipedia hits or simply read site descriptions. I pulled up one page that looked innocent but made me and and ! Now I'm afraid of what I've let loose on my computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics