Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:15 AM

36,454 posts, read 16,060,830 times

Advertisements

~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana? Never!

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey? Whatever the little guy wants

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright: I've walked bent over, it's not fun.

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'? yes I have.

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? Ever take a spill? There is video of me learning to ride a bike, it's hilarious BTW~it was film converted to vhs.

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any? Not crazy about cornbread like they are around here.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce: Chicken, avocado, little dressing.

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark?
Yes there are night lights, when I open my eyes in the middle of the night, I want to see.

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home? End table.

~ One classic book or movie that you liked... Watership Down

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot? Well I don't give a hoot.

*** Over the river and through the woods...bon voyage! ***
*** Thank you everyone! *** November! How nice! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 07:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,084,293 times
~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana?

Nope...but when I eat Chunky Monkey ice cream, that's another story.

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey?

No idea what monkeys eat regularly.

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright:

Still couldn't reach the items on the shelf at the supermarket, see through the peephole and then there are rug burns.

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'?

Life vest for state bass fishing tournaments when I was younger were required.

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? Ever take a spill? Yes and yes.

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any? Had both, love it.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce: cheese, steak (steak salad/black and bleu salad)

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark?

I have 3.

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home? Something next to my comfy chair.

~ One classic book or movie that you liked... 1984

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot? Still breathing.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 AM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times
~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana? *LOL* Not lately!

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey? Bananas and fruits and berries.

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright: Reaching things on and in my kitchen counter and cabinets.

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'? I don't wear vests, but decades ago I did have one. When I first learned how to knit, in the early 70's, the hippie style included crocheted and knit vests with big holes in them. I made one for myself with "harvest gold" yarn. It looked sort of like this one. Clearly Crochet Cutie 1970s Vintage Handmade Hippie Off White Crochet Tie Vest With Tassels Sz Medium / Large - Tassel: Awesome

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? When I was a kid and through my college years, yes. Not so much as an adult because I don't feel safe cycling on the streets of my town. Ever take a spill? When I was little; yes. I had some yucky-looking skinned knees as a result!

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any? I've had it, and I do like it. I prefer regular bread stuffing and have never made cornbread stuffing at home. But I liked it very much when I've had it elsewhere.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce: Tomatoes; celery; baby spinach; black and/or green olives; bell pepper (any color); diced chicken; parmesan/romano shredded cheese.

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark? I walk in the dark. Which is no fun if one of my cats has an "accident" in my pathway.

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home? A coaster on an end table next to my recliner in the family room.

~ One classic book or movie that you liked... Heidi. My grandpa gave me a copy of it when I was very small, and it was the first novel I ever owned. I still have the book and treasure it.

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot? Doing a winery crawl in SW Michigan or in the Traverse City, Michigan area.

*** Thank you everyone! *** November! How nice! *** We're starting November here in Chicagoland with unbelievably mild weather. It's supposed to be in the mid-60s this weekend, 20+ degrees above the norm. Some years we've had snow on the ground by now. Weird stuff, but it is very beautiful. Many trees still have their brightly-colored leaves. I hope to do some nature photography this weekend. Yay!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-04-2016 at 08:10 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 08:02 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,014,913 times
Oh sure...Now every time I eat a banana I will think about this question

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey?
I think I will ship that monkey over to animalcrazy. She can feed it all those yucky veggies.

Would be a problem carrying my stinky cheese and cheap beer.

About 40 years ago

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? Ever take a spill?
I did as a kid. Completely wore out a bike in two summers. Took many spills. Went over the handlebars a couple times. Once I got peeled off my bike as I rode under something.

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any?
Not a fan of cornbread. Got to be regular bread stuffing. Be sure to add oysters when making it.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce:
Put a little lettuce in a bowl. Top with a pound of salad shrimp. Pour on some Italian dressing. Enjoy

Not any more

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home?
Anywhere handy. Don't have a wife to nag at me if I don't use a coaster

~ One classic book or movie that you liked...
The Good,The Bad, And The Ugly. One of the best spaghetti westerns ever made

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot?
Road trip. Does not matter where

Old 11-04-2016, 08:03 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,584,282 times
~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana? Nope

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey? Nothing. Let him find his own. lol

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright: Couldn't reach the upper cabinets

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'? I used to flag traffic and had to wear one plus had a nice vest jacket I wore a lot

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? Ever take a spill? Want to get back on a bike sometime. Had the front wheel fall out once. Not a good sight! lol

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any? Love cornbread!! Nothing beats a crock pot full of white beans and a skillet of cornbread.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce: Thousand Island dressing

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark? No light. My toes just hope I don't kick something. We do have a little light sitting on the vanity that is motion sensitive, comes on when you walk in the room. Need to get new batteries in it

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home? We live in what used to be my parents' house. If I didn't use a coaster, I think my mother would come back and haunt me. lol

~ One classic book or movie that you liked... Could the Hardy Boys be considered a classic?

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot? Just taking a ride in the country with my wife. No specific destination. Just find a nice restaurant along the way. Nothing fancy. We're more the Waffle House, Captain D's, and locally owned restaurant kind of fan.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:07 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,808,581 times
No I can honestly say I never do that

A banana sandwich?

I guess you couldn't reach things on a high shelf

Yes a long time ago

Yes growing up we played outside and rode our bicycles all over the neighborhood and I definitely took many spills - children these days don't even know what it's like to ride a bike or play outside, sad

Yes I love any kind of stuffing

tuna, salad stuff and on sandwiches

I have an outside nightlight - it's a little street lamp but it lights up the room enough to where I can see without turning on a light so no nightlight needed

always on a coaster on the side table

All the older Disney movies, especially the Jungle Book. I'm not really into old black & white films or books

getting an hour massage and a mani/pedi and then going shopping with all my birthday money

Thanks Roosty!

Old 11-04-2016, 08:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,237,092 times
No

Whatever I won't eat (which is just about everything! )

Just about everything I do that doesn't involve sitting.

No

Yes. I actually did last Sunday, when it was unusually warm around here. I've taken a few spills before.

Never had any, don't care to.

Nothing

Just get out and walk in the dark. It's not a problem for me, my bedroom is next to the bathroom.

The desk

Never been a movie fan, and hated every classic book I've ever had to read.

Just a peaceful day with no jobs to do.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:52 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,960,378 times
~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana?no

~ What kind of 'finger food' would you like to share with the friendly little monkey?a finger

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright:not being able to go up an escalator

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'?no

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding?yes Ever take a spill?yes

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any?yuck

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce:vegetables

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark?dark

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home?a table

~ One classic book or movie that you liked...Where the Red Fern Grows and Gone with the Wind

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot?traveling

Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,226,407 times
[quote=rainroosty;46057074]~ Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana? No. I wonder if monkeys think of me when they eat bananas.

Probably none, not crazy about monkeys...let 'em get a job.

~ An inconvenience that could occur if you were not able to walk upright: How to get to the closet shelf.

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'? I was cautioned never to speak of those years.

~ Have you ever enjoyed bicycle riding? Ever take a spill? Used to like to as an adolescent, and took lots of spills...especially in the winter.

~ Cornbread/cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any? Yes, I like cornbread.

~ Something you like to eat with your lettuce: shredded red cabbage, onions

~ Is there a 'night light' on at night in your home or do you just get out of bed and walk in the dark? Both, the night light goes out after four hours and after that I walk around in the dark.

~ On what item do you most often set your beverage down on at home? The lid of a plastic take-out container.

~ One classic book or movie that you liked... After decades of avoiding them I read Look Homeward, Angel and The Scarlet Letter and liked them both very much.

~ What would be a nice way to spend your birthday if you gave a hoot? I haven't given that hoot since I was a young teenager, thirteen maybe. A nice way....a trip to the west coast of Ireland in the spring.

*** Over the river and through the woods...to grandmother's house. Isn't that it? We did do that to my mother's stepmother's house when I was a child. And she lived in a village that was lit by gas streetlights.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:27 AM

903 posts, read 585,313 times
Do you think of a monkey when you eat a banana?
Sometimes, I do make a pretty impressive monkey impersonation.

Vegan, egg roll

Scraped up knuckles

~ Have you ever had some sort of 'vest'? --

~ Cornbread -- /cornbread stuffing/dressing...like it or ever had any?

Beans, Beets, raisins, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, etc.

Coaster

Swiss Family Robinson

Dinner and a movie with family

Thank you - rainroosty
cd - :O)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics