Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 02:41 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
What do you most like about yourself? I don't go through life holding lots of grudges - I feel it takes too much energy. However, there are times when I probably should so I'm working on that Also, I'm not the least bit selfish, but I think sometimes you should be so I'm working on this as well.

What about yourself would you change, if you could? See above
What do you like most about your appearance? I keep the fat off.

What do you dislike most about your appearance? Oh no you don't - I will never broadcast that

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski? I have but I'm not at all trained in it so I fly like the wind and then eventually fall and keep flying.

Can you ride a horse? I have - horses sense that I have no idea what I'm doing so something always happens. When I was around 15 I was riding with a friend when our horses got into a fight and started kicking each other. Her horse made contact with my leg and split it open. She said this had never happened before and that these horses were great friends. I believed her - it's me.
I actually really like horses.

Can you swim? Yes

Can you dance? Yes

Can you cook? Yes - but I want to take some cooking classes to improve

Well, what CAN you do?

Just for Fun:
How many pairs of jeans do you own? Many - this is what I wear 99% of the time

What color(s)? Navy, purple, white, cream, black, tan,brown, gray, periwinkle, striped, plaid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 02:52 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Those first four questions are quite deep. I think you can only ask such questions of older people. You have to live a life, to reflect upon it. Kids think they know it all, but really, they don't..........

What do I most like about myself? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I like that I believe I have become a better person with age. When I was young, I was quite self destructive. I had entered into marriage on a whim at 20 years of age. I was never a bad person as such, but I did test my wife's patience. This was quite deliberate I can see now.

I wanted to hurt her, and then for her to forgive me. I wanted her to prove her love for me, because I didn't feel I was worth loving. I didn't realize that at the time of course, but it's pretty obvious now when I reflect on those years.

My dad died young at 55 years of age, and that was a massive wake up call for me. His life was in ruins, and he just died of a broken heart. I took note at what happened to him, and why. He could never figure it out, but I did.

Sadly, by this point, my first wife and I were finished. I just didn't know it for a few years. When she walked out, I was 38 years old, and my life was a mess. Luckily, I still had my job, and at least for now, home. I gathered myself, and set about rebuilding my life. I knew I would never be perfect, but I would try to be a better person. I had to curb my self destructive instincts.

Since that time, I remarried, and have tried to be a good husband, and man. I have learnt some hard life lessons, and benefited from that. With my wife Judy's help, I managed to save myself from a similar end to my father. I think I am a very likeable person. I go through my life trying to be pleasant, and not hurt anybody. I did enough of that earlier in life.

What would I change about myself? I think I would like to be more patient. I don't suffer fools gladly. If someone asks me what I think about something, well, I'm going to tell them....... Don't ask me, if you don't want to hear what I think, because I'm going to tell ya!!

What do I like most about my appearance? That's difficult......... there's so much..........

What do I dislike? Nothing really..........

Can I dance? Well, I used to spend a lot of time in discos in my salad days. I thought I could cut a rug.... but real dancing - nope. I sure wish I could do so, but on my one effort back in the 70s, I discovered it's harder than it looks!!

Can I cook. Waaaaaaal, I can cook a chicken quite well.

I own about four pairs of Wrangler blue jeans. These are the only pants I wear in my day to day life. I have a nice dark suit for weddings and funerals.

Have a great Sunday all..............

Old 11-20-2016, 04:17 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
What do you most like about yourself?

In all honest I am one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I like that most people really like me

What about yourself would you change, if you could?

I wish I could sleep in so I don't crash and burn so early every night, it's not fair to my wife that I'm forced to go to bed so early.

What do you like most about your appearance?

Being 6'3" is awesome

What do you dislike most about your appearance?

Being 240 pounds with a gut, yeah that's not so awesome

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski?

Used to do it a lot, I'm pretty good. Don't do it much, as you age and with such fast ski lifts today we are spent by 11:00 when many people are just arriving.

Can you ride a horse?

Sorta, done it a few times

Can you swim?

Sure

Can you dance?

I was told I was a good dancer, like 30 years ago. Let me know when new wave makes a comeback

Can you cook?

Funny you asked, I was just telling Mrs Mt Airy that I was always told I was a good cook but the last 5 years of so everything I try was just OK. So I can't really say I'm all that good as even I don't like my meals LOL Gonna try a new chili recipe today, wish me luck.

Well, what CAN you do?

You don't have the time to read my entire list. I'm pretty awesome. And humble.

Just for Fun:
How many pairs of jeans do you own?

4-5 all blue. One new pair to go out, several faded for chores, one fleece lined for winter which was one of my better investments

What color(s)?

Old 11-20-2016, 04:17 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
my name
already did - weight
no hump (back)

Old 11-20-2016, 04:39 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
Today’s Questions:
What do you most like about yourself? One of the best compliments I've received was when someone said I have integrity.

What about yourself would you change, if you could? I would be less introverted.

What do you like most about your appearance? Not a specific thing, but I am approachable. People that I don't know just start conversations with me.

What do you dislike most about your appearance? Looking older

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski? Not well. Wouldn't try anymore.

Can you ride a horse?
Haven't in many years, but growing up we had horses & I rode a lot.

Can you swim? I'm not a strong swimmer, but yes. I can swim.

Can you dance? I like to dance.

Can you cook? Like other things in this list, I can do enough to get by.

Well, what CAN you do? I can teach!

Just for Fun:
How many pairs of jeans do you own? Oh, more than five, less than ten.

What color(s)? Various shade of blue, black and white.

Word of the Day:
probity noun /prōbǝ
1. The quality of having strong moral principles; honesty and decency.
2. Uprightness in one’s personal dealings; integrity.

Example: “He was a gentlemanly Georgian, a person of early American probity.” – Mary McGrory

Quote of the Day:
“I look up at the night sky, and I know that yes, we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up – many people feel small, because they’re small and the Universe is big, but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars.”

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Today is
Absurdity Day
Beautiful Day
Universal Children’s Day

Thanks, BA4. Enjoy your day, all!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:10 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
What is the origin of the term "salad days"? Never heard that in the states.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:13 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Greetings and welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, November 20, 2016. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Scorpio. Some famous people who share your birthday are U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, gymnast Dominique Dawes, slain politician Robert F. Kennedy; TV game show host Richard Dawson; TV presenter Alistair Cooke; rocker Joe Walsh; actresses Estelle Parsons and Bo Derek; comedian Dick Smothers and journalist Ron Suskind;

Today’s Questions:
The fact that I am an honest and moral human being, despite my political leanings

my gullibility and naivety

my hair

my weight

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski?
no, I tried water skiing once it was a disaster
Can you ride a horse?

Yes

Can you swim?
somewhat, hopefully good enough not to drown

Can you dance?
No, two left feet

Can you cook?
Easy stuff, the things I do cook turn out well but I just don't like to cook

Well, what CAN you do?
reminds me of a song - ~~"Don't drink don't smoke, what do you do?" I can wiggle my ears and make people laugh sometimes so there

Just for Fun:
About 5 or 6

What color(s)?
black and different shades of blue

Today in History
269 - Diocletian is proclaimed emperor of Numerian in Asia Minor by his soldiers. He had been the commander of the emperor’s bodyguard.
1695 - Zumbi dos Palmares, the Brazilian leader of a 100-year-old rebel slave group, is killed in an ambush.
1700 - Sweden’s 17-year-old King Charles XII defeats the Russians at Narva.
1903 - In Cheyenne, Wyoming, 42-year-old hired gunman Tom Horn is hanged for the murder of 14-year-old Willie Nickell.
1914 - Bulgaria proclaims its neutrality in the First World War.
1928 - Mrs. Glen Hyde becomes the first woman to dare the Grand Canyon rapids in a scow (a flat-bottomed boat that is pushed along with a pole).
1931 - Japan and China reject the League of Council terms for Manchuria at Geneva.
1943 - U.S. Army and Marine soldiers attack the Japanese-held islands of Makin and Tarawa, respectively, in the Central Pacific.
1945 - The Nazi war crime trials begin at Nuremberg.
1947 - Princess Elizabeth (future Queen Elizabeth II) marries Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, in Westminster Abbey.
1950 - U.S. troops push to the Yalu River, within five miles of Manchuria.
1955 - The Maryland National Guard is ordered desegregated.
1967 - President John F. Kennedy bars religious or racial discrimination in federally funded housing.
1967 - U.S. census reports the population at 200 million.
1971 - The United States announces it will give Turkey $35 million for farmers who agree to stop growing opium poppies.
1974 - The United States files an antitrust suit to break up ATT.
1978 - South Africa backs down on a plan to install black rule in neighboring Namibia.
1981 - Microsoft Windows 1.0 released.
1992 - Fire in England’s Windsor Castle causes over £50 million in damages.
1998 - First module of the International Space Station, Zarya, is launched.
2008 - Dow Jones Industrial Average sinks to lowest level in 11 years in response to failures in the US financial system.

Word of the Day:
probity noun /prōbǝ
1. The quality of having strong moral principles; honesty and decency.
2. Uprightness in one’s personal dealings; integrity.

Example: “He was a gentlemanly Georgian, a person of early American probity.” – Mary McGrory

Quote of the Day:
“I look up at the night sky, and I know that yes, we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up – many people feel small, because they’re small and the Universe is big, but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars.”

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Today is
Absurdity Day
Beautiful Day
Universal Children’s Day[/quote]

Thanks Bay!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:15 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Today’s Questions:
What do you most like about yourself? That I am tolerate of other peoples' views and life styles.

What about yourself would you change, if you could? To worry less.

What do you like most about your appearance? My size--I used to be 80 pounds heavier. I like what I see in the mirror.

What do you dislike most about your appearance? My hair is not as thick as it used to be. The aging process on my face is depressing! Stop the wrinkles!

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski? I have gone skiing twice. Not fond of it.

Can you ride a horse?
No, but I did ride a camel around the Great Pyramids and did a great job!

Can you swim? Yes, not fond of it.

Can you dance? Yes!

Can you cook? Yes!

Well, what CAN you do? I can be quite creative.

Just for Fun:
How many pairs of jeans do you own? One

What color(s)? blue

Today is
Absurdity Day
Beautiful Day
Universal Children’s Day

We had our first little snow flurries of the Season this morning!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:15 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,330 times
Today’s Questions:

Compassionate, empathetic, creative.

I have various anxieties and I have a horrible temper. Some obsessive compulsive traits. More negative thinking than I'd like. So, so many things.

That's so difficult for me to answer about my own self. I'm pretty disciplined do I manage to stay pretty much in shape, but I know that will become more difficult as I get older and - hey look! Negativity!

My hair gets on my nerves. Right now it looks decent because it's cool outside and the humidity is low.

Otherwise I've become pretty comfortable with my appearance. For now.

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski?

I've never tried.

Can you ride a horse?

I don't know. I rode one at a birthday party when I was little and I cried.

Can you swim?

Well enough.

Can you dance?

Define "can".

Can you cook?

Ok enough. It's edible. Sometimes even good. Occasionally delicious.

Well, what CAN you do?

The things I can't.

Just for Fun:

I don't know. I have my good jeans that I wear places. They hang in my closet and then I have my jeans that I just wear around at home like what I have on now. I keep those folded up in my closet organizer. And then I have some that aren't fit to wear anywhere that I wear when I paint (like a wall or something). Combined I don't know.

What color(s)?

Mostly blue. I think I have some old pink ones that I don't wear anymore. I've been thinking of getting some black.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:29 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
Today’s Questions:
What do you most like about yourself? I'm a happy guy

What about yourself would you change, if you could? Nothing

What do you like most about your appearance? Gray hair. No choice.

Bonus Questions:
Can you ski? yes

Can you ride a horse? yes

Can you swim? yes

Can you dance? not really

Can you cook? yes

Just for Fun:
How many pairs of jeans do you own? about 7

What color(s)? mostly blue but one black and one brown

keep smiling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics