Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 12:56 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times

Advertisements

Greetings, earthlings! Bjh is experiencing Internet problems and through the grapevine managed to ask me if I'd prepare the Saturday QOTD this week. I'm happy to help, so here I am, for better or worse!

Let's get down to earth , then, with TODAY'S QUESTIONS.

Do you believe Earth is inhabited by living beings from another planet or celestial body?

Have you, or anyone whom you know, ever seen a UFO or an alien? If so, please tell us about it.

How many constellations can you identify in the night sky?

Have you ever seen the Big Dipper?

Have you ever seen a meteor?

How about a meteorite?

BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light?

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? If so, so you use it?

On average, approximately how many steps do you take in a day?

When was the last time you rode a bicycle?

Do you own any indoor exercise apparatus, such as dumbbells, treadmill, stationery bike, etc?

Is the inside of your car clean right now?

When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good?

JUST FOR FUN

Describe your earliest memory of watching a TV program.

If you watched cartoons when you were a kid, what were your favorites?

Do you still watch cartoons?

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV? If so, which one(s)?

If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series.

Do you ever watch reruns of shows that are 30 or more years old? If so, share your favorites.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda?
Tea or coffee?
Wine or beer?
Orange juice or apple juice?
How do you like your eggs prepared?
Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done?
Your favorite way to have potatoes:
What's the most unusual/exotic thing you've ever eaten?

And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine?

That's it for now. It's 2 a.m. here and I've been up since 5:50 a.m. Friday. Time for yours truly to catch some Zzzzzzzzzs. Have an excellent weekend, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:02 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
Greetings, earthlings! Bjh is experiencing Internet problems and through the grapevine managed to ask me if I'd prepare the Saturday QOTD this week. I'm happy to help, so here I am, for better or worse!

Do you believe Earth is inhabited by living beings from another planet or celestial body?
Not a chance! Though I have seen some mighty weird people.

Have you, or anyone whom you know, ever seen a UFO or an alien? If so, please tell us about it.
I did have a friend back in Jr High who said he saw a cigar shaped craft flying low over our Dairy Queen just after we parted ways on motorcycles and headed home. Late 60's ....he died in 70 or 71.

I have seen a large flaming object back in the 80's.

How about a meteorite?

BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light?
Rare occurrence ..... getting old here.

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? If so, so you use it?
I have a cheap little device I've never used.

Hundreds.

Maybe 5 or 6 years.

Do you own any indoor exercise apparatus, such as dumbbells, treadmill, stationery bike, etc?
We own a couple of those skee devices no one uses.
Fairly clean.
When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good?
Often and probably in the last few minutes. I'm good enough for my listening pleasure.

JUST FOR FUN

Howdy Doody and Captain Kangaroo.
Bugs Bunny/Road Runner, Popeye, Heckle and Jeckle (sp).

Just seen what wife watches when it's unavoidable.
If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series.
TV is dead to me these days.
Do you ever watch reruns of shows that are 30 or more years old? If so, share your favorites.
Now that will get me to watch. Mash and other oldies.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda?
Tea or coffee?
Wine or beer?
How do you like your eggs prepared? Any way but usually over easy.
Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done? I try medium on occassion but if still bleeding I'll send it back.
Your favorite way to have potatoes: New potatoes boiled.
I'm not into exotic or unusual.
And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine?
Coconut creme pie on top of Boston creme pie with Eclairs all around it.

That's it for now. It's 2 a.m. here and I've been up since 5:50 a.m. Friday. Time for yours truly to catch some Zzzzzzzzzs. Have an excellent weekend, everybody!
Thanks Pam! Great job!

Last edited by SATX56; 01-07-2017 at 01:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 01:20 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Good morning all from a misty England......... it's dark, werewolf weather out there!!

I have never seen a UFO, but my wife Judy has. Many years ago, she was driving in the dark hills above her home town, with her daughter. She says she saw a strange, bright object in the sky. It was cigar shaped, with individual lights in it. Judy says it was hovering in the sky above them. She couldn't really guess at the distance it was away, but it was very clear to see. Suddenly, it shot away at high speed, and both Judy and her daughter looked at each other in astonishment at what they had seen.

I sure have seen the Big Dipper. It's a ride on Blackpool Pleasure Beach.........

The last time I rode a bicycle? Gordon Bennett........ donkey's years ago!!

Last time I sung a song? Probably yesterday. I'm always singing around the house. It would have been probably 'All The Way' by Frank Sinatra, and yes, it was good as I can sing quite well.

My favourite cartoon when I was a kid was 'The Flintstones'........ I loved it.

I do still watch one cartoon - Family Guy. Gotta love Stewie and Brian.........

I watch soap operas whether I like it or not. My wife has three that she never misses. Every.......day, Monday to Friday. Only at weekends do I get relief from the mind numbing nonsense. One I actually chose to watch when I was a kid was 'Peyton Place.' It was on every afternoon when I came in from school. I really got into it........ and I thought Dorothy Malone was gorgeous.........

The only sit-com I watch is 'Everybody Loves Raymond.' There are two episodes on each morning here in England. I never get tired of it.

I like my steak medium rare, and my favourite afters is trifle......... Jam swiss roll in the bottom of the bowl, covered in strawberry jello. Custard on top of that, finished off with thick cream, and cadbury's flake chocolate sprinkled over the cream......... heavenly........ just heavenly.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:40 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

Many times!

How about a meteorite?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Has happened a time or two in an unfamiliar location as well as going down a one-way street the wrong way!

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps?
If so, so you use it?

Recently

Always

When was the last time you sang a song?
Yesterday

Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good?

And of course, as long as I'm by myself, I'm the best singer around!

JUST FOR FUN

Watching Howdy Doody & Roy Rogers shows

Rarely

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV?
If so, which one(s)?

Sitcom - The Big Bang Theory
Drama Series - Grey's Anatomy, This is Us & Scandal

Seinfield & Friends

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda?
Tea or coffee? Iced tea and Coffee
Wine or beer? Sometimes one, sometimes the other
Orange juice or apple juice? Either
How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or boiled
Your favorite way to have potatoes: Roasted
Not a partaker of the unusual/exotic

My favorite is a from-scratch chocolate pie w/meringue; however, there is no doubt there are many that I would enjoy given the opportunity.

Thanks PJ for filling in w/Saturday's QotD, good job!
Sending a shout-out to bjh that his internet issues are resolved quickly, too!

Take care & stay safe all!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:20 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
All no to the first part.

EDIT - missed this part:
BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light? - Rarely. There are too many cameras here.

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? If so, so you use it? - No

On average, approximately how many steps do you take in a day? - I couldn't tell you but I walk a lot. I do a fast walk for about a mile almost everyday after work, even now with the weather colder. The only time I miss is if the wind is blowing or rain/snow, 2 miles when I am off work.

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? - About 20 years ago.

Do you own any indoor exercise apparatus, such as dumbbells, treadmill, stationery bike, etc? - No. If I had a bigger place a treadmill would interest me.

Is the inside of your car clean right now? - Yes, except maybe the passenger seat.

When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good? - Two days ago - It was either "Mole On The Dole" or "If You Want To Know" by the Climax Blues Band. Off the CD "Rich Man."
I was probably terrible but I don't care.

JUST FOR FUN

My mother used to call my father "Jackie Gleason" so that's my answer on the earliest memory.

I remember The Flintstones which I watched until my late teens. No cartoons since.

Old Andy Griffith re-runs may interest me, maybe a few others I used to watch too.
I have not watched TV in over 2 years. YouTube doesn't count, ha, ha.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda?
- I rarely drink soda - maybe 3-5 per year and never anything with caffeine.
Filtered spring or Wegmans Sparkling Lime water is about all I ever drink.

Tea or coffee? - Neither, includes decaf.

Wine or beer? - I drink beer every once in a while.

Orange juice or apple juice? - No juice either.

How do you like your eggs prepared? - No one on the outside makes them the way I like them, except for one friend who I hardly ever see I mean no one.

Either over hard or fried my own special way. I make great omelets too.

Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done? - Pass.

Your favorite way to have potatoes: - Baked, butter on the outside as well as in.

What's the most unusual/exotic thing you've ever eaten? - Can't think of anything unless shiitake mushrooms count. They are expensive enough that I think they should be labeled in the "exotic" category. I saw them last night at Balducci's for $22.00 per pound, and they weren't even organic! I passed. Planning a trip to the local organic market later today but 3 days ago when I was last there they were out.

And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine? - How about one of those special brownies under a hot fudge sundae.
I'd rather eat my calories then drink them.

That's it for now. It's 2 a.m. here and I've been up since 5:50 a.m. Friday. Time for yours truly to catch some Zzzzzzzzzs. Have an excellent weekend, everybody! - Thanks for filling in, Pam. I hope you jad a nice sleep!
It's the middle of the night here and I should be in bed. Happens often that I sleep in two segments.

Except for maybe an inch the snow predicted for the area where I live is supposed to miss us. Cities 1-3 hours away are expecting 5-10 inches.

Happy Saturday!

Last edited by John13; 01-07-2017 at 02:50 AM..

Old 01-07-2017, 06:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
[quote=PJSinger;46743226]Greetings, earthlings! Bjh is experiencing Internet problems and through the grapevine managed to ask me if I'd prepare the Saturday QOTD this week. I'm happy to help, so here I am, for better or worse!
Thanks, Pam.

How about a meteorite?
I have no interest in the above

BONUS QUESTIONS
No, and if I did, my State Police son would hear about it.

Yes. It's a cheapie and never worked.

N/A

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? 5 years ago. I sold it to an Amish girl who removed the pedals and installed a running board.

treadmill and it's collecting dust

Is the inside of your car clean right now? Yes, I'm "funny" about that

When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good? Never in public, only when I'm alone doing house cleaning, because I know I'm not very good! I sing lots of songs, probably getting many lyrics wrong. I love The Cars, Small Faces, Elvis, ELO, Atlanta Rhythm Section, the Raspberries....I love all types of music except rap and hip-hop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-rdr0qhWk
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wT_NpsYdes

JUST FOR FUN
Describe your earliest memory of watching a TV program. Joe Lewis boxing match! I was a tiny kid and my parents had the first t.v. in the neighborhood. We had a mom/pop store and invited all our customers to view the match. I set up the chairs and passed out candy.

If you watched cartoons when you were a kid, what were your favorites? I didn't have any favorites. By the time I was 6 years old, I was waiting on customers in my parents store. Not much time for play things.

Do you still watch cartoons? No...N/A

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV? If so, which one(s)?I watched one when I was much younger. Didn't really like it, but young mothers I was friendly with were much into soaps.

If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series. I only look at news

No

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Sorry, out of time and work is waiting

imagine?

Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by rdlr; 01-07-2017 at 06:59 AM..

Old 01-07-2017, 07:01 AM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times

Do you believe Earth is inhabited by living beings from another planet or celestial body? no

Have you, or anyone whom you know, ever seen a UFO or an alien? No. If so, please tell us about it.

How many constellations can you identify in the night sky? two

Have you ever seen the Big Dipper? yes

Have you ever seen a meteor? I don't think so.

How about a meteorite? a shooting star? Yes.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light? yes

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? No. If so, so you use it?

On average, approximately how many steps do you take in a day? I have no idea.

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? a long time ago

Do you own any indoor exercise apparatus, such as dumbbells, treadmill, stationery bike, etc? no

Is the inside of your car clean right now? yes

When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good? yesterday. Uptown Funk. No, I'm a terrible singer.

JUST FOR FUN

Describe your earliest memory of watching a TV program. captain Kangaroo.

If you watched cartoons when you were a kid, what were your favorites? Tom and Jerry. Bugs Bunny.

Do you still watch cartoons? yes. I work in a daycare.

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV? If so, which one(s)? As The World Turns for a few years. All My Children until it went off the air.

If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series. I don't watch sitcoms. I watch The Walking Dead, Empire, Grimm, Vikings, Outlander.

Do you ever watch reruns of shows that are 30 or more years old? Sometimes. If so, share your favorites. Carol Burnett shows.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda? water
Tea or coffee? tea
Wine or beer? wine
Orange juice or apple juice? neither
How do you like your eggs prepared? over easy
Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done? medium
Your favorite way to have potatoes: baked or French fries
What's the most unusual/exotic thing you've ever eaten? Ethiopian food.

And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine? chocolate soufflé

.[/quote]

Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,940 times

No.

I've seen a strange disappearing object in the sky before.

None.

No.

I don't know.

How about a meteorite?

Don't know.

BONUS QUESTIONS

A little bit.

No.

Not sure.

Not in a long time. I want one, though.

Hand weights and an indoor trampoline.

Always.

I'm always singing something. Yesterday it was Live Forever by Oasis and Drive It Like You Stole It from the movie Sing Street. Plus songs I make up in my head.

In my head I'm good.

JUST FOR FUN

No specific memory.

Muppet Babies, Smurfs, Garfield.

I watch King of the Hill reruns all the time. It's an adult cartoon, but still a cartoon.

When I was a teenager I watched Days Of Our Lives.

The Goldbergs/Stranger Things.

Yes. Lots. The Twilight Zone, Brady Bunch, Dick Van Dyke Show, Full House (turns 30 this year) and many mo.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda? Water all the time, but I love Coke Life.

Tea or coffee? Tea

Wine or beer? I don't drink at all.

Orange juice or apple juice? I rarely drink juice.

How do you like your eggs prepared? No eggs.

Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done? No steak.

Your favorite way to have potatoes: Baked.

Vomit flavored jelly bean.

Good chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies. Nothing fancy.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,700,004 times

Let's get down to earth, then, with TODAY'S QUESTIONS.

Do you believe Earth is inhabited by living beings from another planet or celestial body? I don't think so.

Have you, or anyone whom you know, ever seen a UFO or an alien? If so, please tell us about it. When I was a teenager I seen one hovering in the sky by some trees while looking out my window where we lived. Wish I would of taken a picture but was too amazed.

How many constellations can you identify in the night sky? I'm not sure.

How about a meteorite? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light? I ran through a stop sign once.

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? I have a pedometer. If so, so you use it? No.

On average, approximately how many steps do you take in a day? It varies.

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? It's been many years.

Do you own any indoor exercise apparatus, such as dumbbells, treadmill, stationery bike, etc? No.

Is the inside of your car clean right now? I need to vacuum it since there is some of Millie's hair on the front seats.

When was the last time you sang a song? A couple weeks ago. Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good? "It's My Life," by Bon Jovi. You woul have to ask, Millie.

JUST FOR FUN

Describe your earliest memory of watching a TV program. I remember watching Captain Kangaroo, Romper Room and several other shows.

If you watched cartoons when you were a kid, what were your favorites? Bugs Bunny, Pepe La Pew, Pixie and Dixie, Casper The Friendly Ghost are a few that come to mind.

Do you still watch cartoons? No.

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV? If so, which one(s)? All My Children, One Life To Live and General Hospital. The first two are no longer on air and I haven't watched GH in years!

If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series. Can't think of a favorite sitcom that is a favorite. As far as drama series goes my new favorite is 'This Is Us,' and old favorites are 'Blue Bloods' and 'Law and Order-SVU.'

Do you ever watch reruns of shows that are 30 or more years old? Yes. If so, share your favorites. Bonanza, The Rifleman, All In The Family and a few others.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda? Water
Tea or coffee? Tea
Wine or beer? Wine
Orange juice or apple juice? OJ
How do you like your eggs prepared? I don't eat eggs.
Steak: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well or well done? I don't eat steak.
Your favorite way to have potatoes: Just about any way..I LOVE potatoes!
What's the most unusual/exotic thing you've ever eaten? I'll say calamari.

And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine? Just give me some yummy cheesecake or an Italian rum cake and I will be happy.

[/quote]

Great job, PJ!

Everybody stay safe and warm.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:42 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
Greetings, earthlings! Bjh is experiencing Internet problems and through the grapevine managed to ask me if I'd prepare the Saturday QOTD this week. I'm happy to help, so here I am, for better or worse! Greetings & Thanks!

Do you believe Earth is inhabited by living beings from another planet or celestial body? Poppy always said, "Never say never!"

Have you, or anyone whom you know, ever seen a UFO or an alien? If so, please tell us about it. Don't believe I have.

How many constellations can you identify in the night sky? Not many

Have you ever seen the Big Dipper? Have

Have you ever seen a meteor? I sit out on warm August nights to watch the Perseids.

How about a meteorite? Don't think so.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When driving, have you ever unintentionally run through a stop sign or stop light? There is a road I've traveled often in a nearby town where I was stopped for running a stop sign. It was a new sign, hadn't been one there for long. The cop and I chatted a bit and he let me go on my way.
Also, one night I kind of slid through a stop sign and suddenly there were blue lights.... A friend, who was a cop, had a great time giving me trouble before letting me go.

Do you have a pedometer or instrument such as a FitBit which counts your footsteps? Don't If so, so you use it?

On average, approximately how many steps do you take in a day? School days, many. Thousands. Weekends, usually not so many.

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Years and years ago

Not for a while now.

Is the inside of your car clean right now? Fairly

When was the last time you sang a song? Do you remember what song it was, and were you any good? I sound better when singing in my head than out loud... Sing in my head every day. Out loud... I sang happy birthday to one of the kiddos the other day.

JUST FOR FUN

Describe your earliest memory of watching a TV program. I remember my parents getting all excited about having a tv. I couldn't see much through the static and didn't understand the fuss.

If you watched cartoons when you were a kid, what were your favorites? I remember more about watching with my dad when he was older. He liked the roadrunner especially. My mother would ban him to the kitchen where there was a little tv. He'd have to close the doors because he laughed so loud and she'd claim she couldn't hear her shows.

Do you still watch cartoons? I don't watch much tv.

Have you ever watched a soap opera on TV? If so, which one(s)? In college, General Hospital, All my Children

If you're a TV watcher, name your favorite current sitcom and your favorite current drama series. Someone told me that I'd like "This is Us," so I might watch sometime.

Do you ever watch reruns of shows that are 30 or more years old? If so, share your favorites. Don't

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Water or pop/soda? Rarely have soda
Tea or coffee? Chai
Wine or beer?
How do you like your eggs prepared? Oh, an omelette sounds good this morning.
Your favorite way to have potatoes: Garlic mashed
What's the most unusual/exotic thing you've ever eaten? Eel

And finally, what is your dream dessert, the most heavenly dessert you can imagine? We had a gingerbread and lemon trifle at Christmas that was good, but I still prefer the pumpkin cheesecake I make.

That's it for now. It's 2 a.m. here and I've been up since 5:50 a.m. Friday. Time for yours truly to catch some Zzzzzzzzzs. Have an excellent weekend, everybody! Thanks, PJ! Happy weekend, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics