Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 06:13 AM

761 posts, read 604,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
[color=indigo]
Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. I remember the TV show, Please Don't Eat The Daisies. Haven't heard of it for decades. I may look it up and see if it's available to watch again. Happy Fryday, everybody!

HERE YA GO PJ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NLXuwgjvE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 06:16 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? Actually none

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night?
Every store should open at 8 am and close at 6 pm,after all even store owners have families to go home to

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? I have garlic powder

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? No only with a regular fitting lid

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? This morning one leftover palak/spinach paratha with a tomato,chive and mushroom omelette.

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! Could you please mail be "Japanese Garden Notes: A Visual Guide to Elements and Design " by Marc Peter Keane.....much appreciated

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:
Well I live in Canada but the Rockies /Rocky Mountains stretch all the way from the most northern part of BC/Canada to New Mexico. So somewhere in between I would sit and enjoy nature

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! I am not much into rock bands so I pass.....

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: That would be for the best fish and chips in Steveston/BC/Canada

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits.

Thank you roosty,wishing everyone a relaxing last weekend of April

Old 04-28-2017, 06:29 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

I am not a morning person, and wouldn't get up to do some business before going to work.

~ What place(s) do you think should close up at an earlier hour in the evening/night?

Places I don't need to visit after work.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder?

No. I use fresh.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid?

I think all my pots and pans have glass lid

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it?

Had spinach salad with mushrooms.

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do!

A nice collection of fairy tales i could read to my grandbaby.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:

Right now I would like to sit down on my sofa, put my legs up and take a nap. I need extra sleep really bad!

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)!
I will do that at work ...

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:

Tokyo. I want to eat at Sukiyabashi Jiro
!

Lol....you must be inspired by the movie they show at TMC last night! I watched it too!

Thank you, roosty!

Last edited by elnina; 04-28-2017 at 06:58 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 06:29 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Yes

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? Yes

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Chinese food (buffet).

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! Any good fiction or non-fiction book.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: my couch

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)!
Eagles, Bread, Boston, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: New York City

Please don't eat the Daisies...leave them for the wabbits. [/quote]

Old 04-28-2017, 07:13 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,330 times
[quote=rainroosty;47979444]~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?

Whatever place I need to be at that moment that isn't open at that time.

I would say Denny's, IHOP or any of those breakfast type restaurants. Around here they're popular shoot up and rob places. I would never go into one of those places after dark around here.

No. I have fresh garlic and onion.

Yes.

That reminds me, I made homemade pizza the other evening and completely forgot the mushrooms. I knew I left something off! Too late now.

Garlic - I don't know. I always cook with it though.

I used to eat spinach salad several times a week, but switched to kale for the calcium so I really don't buy it often anymore. But that's another thing I forgot for my pizza. Spinach.

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do!

Give me a list so I can choose.

A comfortable floating device in an aesthetically pleasing pool somewhere nice.

I usually answer first and then go back any read the others. I'm not sure if some of these are technically "rock" bands:

Oasis
Buddy Holly and the Crickets
Bee Gees
The Doobie Brothers
Foster the People (not old, unless six years is old. But they are my absolute favorite).

I got all of those by scrolling through my music on my phone.

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:

NYC.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:07 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning? My bank.

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder? Onion.

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid? I do.

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? A fabulous pasta dish at a local Italian restaurant.

~ What FREE book would you like to receive in the mail this week? ANY kind of book will do! I'd really like Charles Sheeler -- Paintings, Drawings, Photographs by Martin Friedman please. It's only $57.70 on Amazon.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...: I'd like to sit in my living room thanks. Can someone bring me coffee?

~ Name 5 old rock bands that nobody else here in the Fryday Fill-Ins has mentioned already (today)! Not a clue!

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!: Back to NYNY please. Tavern on the Green would be good.

Thanks RR and happy day everyone!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:17 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
[quote=rainroosty;47979444]~ What place(s) do you think should be open for business at an earlier hour in the morning?
The Bank

How about 6-8 hours earlier? The who-knows-what church next door...worse neighbors in the world with all that noise,
and they are there OFTEN!

~ Have you any onion or garlic powder?Yes

~ Have you a skillet with a glass lid?Yes

~ What did you last eat that had either spinach, garlic or mushrooms in/on it? Garlic in black eyed peas,
about a month ago

Don't waste a free book on me, thanks. I have no time to read.

~ You HAVE to sit down...on whatever you'd like...for 8 hours...somewhere! For a FREE $5,000 cash prize! WHERE in the United States would you like to sit? Anywhere at all, inside or outside...:on my front porch,
as long as I have a few snacks, my CD player, and maybe a bottle of wine, and as long as the church next door isn't doing their thing

Edison Lighthouse
Robert Palmer
Small Faces
Nazareth
Toto

~ Warp to a distant town/city instantly, just for a 2 hour limited lunch, FREE!:Huh?

Thanks, RR!
Summer's here!

Old 04-28-2017, 09:56 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Since I no longer have to get up before the crack of noon I don't care

None

I have both

Nope

Ramen noodles with mushrooms

How about a bank book with lots of money in it

A train going thru the Rockies.

Barefoot Jerry, Mungo Jerry, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, T. Rex

I will go to the King Mountain Lodge outside of Chickaloon, Alaska. Best one pound single patty cheeseburger I ever had.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
Mornin' all!

I'm naturally a second or third-shifter, so I think all businesses should be open 24 hours a day. But that's not realistic. Open earlier isn't really an issue for me, unless I'm just getting off work at 4:00am, which I did for years. So to answer the question directly, restaurants. Definitely restaurants. That way all of us third-shifters can have breakfast at 4:00am, then go home and get some sleep.

LOL None of them!

I do have both, but I rarely use them. I generally keep the fresh stuff on hand.

I do not. Seems handy though.

Probably pizza, with all three. I'll be making spinach pie for a pot luck tomorrow.

Something I want to read but have no intention of paying for myself.

In the U.S.? Portland Oregon maybe. Or somewhere in Alaska. And to sweeten the deal, I'd like to be allowed to sit in the recliner that we apparently bought for the cat for Christmas. XD

Yes
The Alan Parsons Project
The Grateful Dead
Rush
Triumph (the other Canadian band )

I'd love to have lunch again at The Blue Nose in Halifax Nova Scotia!

They love to eat the dandelions in our yard.

Thanx for the Qs rainroosty. Have some good eats this weekend!
Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:30 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Doctors offices.

Liquor stores.

We do.

Nopie.

Spinach salad with mushrooms.

Bellanca's Golden Age: The Golden Age of Aviation

People watching in San Francisco in the bar in the Sir Francis Drake.

Pink Floyd, Les Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, AC/DC

Las Vegas at New York-New York at Gallagher's Steakhouse,.

Sounds good, Thanx Roosty for the Q's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics