Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 02:49 PM

24,773 posts, read 28,551,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
They are the best pets ever, aren't they? Soft, cute, cuddly... they don't make any noise... they keep themselves clean. My rabbits are always preening themselves, lol! They are gorgeous!
Tried and failed rising Wabbits back in the early 80's Florida... Heat big problem.. If I remember Mini Rex and Mini Loop Ears.. my step girls 7-8 decided to put the "bucks" & " does " together one day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 03:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,068,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Tried and failed rising Wabbits back in the early 80's Florida... Heat big problem.. If I remember Mini Rex and Mini Loop Ears.. my step girls 7-8 decided to put the "bucks" & " does " together one day..
Lol! Had the same problem once. We bought our first two female rabbits, from this woman. Unfortunately one of them died. So we went to a pet store to buy another female rabbit.

A while after, guess what happened? Loads of baby bunnies appeared! We must have been given two male rabbits to start with!

We kept some of the baby bunnies though... they were ever so cute!

Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 PM

24,494 posts, read 26,038,861 times
Quote:
Oh... that wasn't so good! Luckily, ours live out in the back garden, with nothing electrical nearby. So we don't have to worry about that problem.
Needless to say it was a shocking moment for the bunny.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Needless to say it was a shocking moment for the bunny.
Yes, true.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Lol! Had the same problem once. We bought our first two female rabbits, from this woman. Unfortunately one of them died. So we went to a pet store to buy another female rabbit.

A while after, guess what happened? Loads of baby bunnies appeared! We must have been given two male rabbits to start with!

We kept some of the baby bunnies though... they were ever so cute!
We sold them.. the 2 step girls set up a little stand out front.. Wabbits For Sale.. 2 elderly ladies came and bought 4 of them.. the girls so proud they sold 4.. the one lady said out loud we need some carrots.. I looked at her.. to feed the bunnies.. she said NO.. for Hasenpfeffer tonight... the girls had no clue..

Old 08-04-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
We sold them.. the 2 step girls set up a little stand out front.. Wabbits For Sale.. 2 elderly ladies came and bought 4 of them.. the girls so proud they sold 4.. the one lady said out loud we need some carrots.. I looked at her.. to feed the bunnies.. she said NO.. for Hasenpfeffer tonight... the girls had no clue..
Is that some sort of... rabbit stew?! I just couldn't...

Yeah, we kept three of our baby bunnies, but sadly, had to give the others away. Wish I could have kept them all...

Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Is that some sort of... rabbit stew?! I just couldn't...

Yeah, we kept three of our baby bunnies, but sadly, had to give the others away. Wish I could have kept them all...
Yes a type of Wabbit Stew..

This was the very early 80's in Fl. The oldest step girl was in a farm program.. reason for Wabbits.. Do you cancel the sale and make a big deal.. or just let 4 go..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics