Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:54 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

Advertisements

~ One of the best books you have read:

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it?

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles?

~ The last music CD that you bought:

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands?

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA!

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road?

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road?

~ What have you ever deep fried at home?
You name it.

~ Would any of you like to receive these awesome, high-quality professional grade kitchen items in your mail during the next 5 days? We have a fabulous new upgraded speedy mail system (that means 'shipping') that will get it to you quickly and in pristine condition!)
But, OH! WAIT! I haven't told you what your lucky free items are!

You will receive the Deluxe Pro Chef's ALL in ONE cookie sheet set of 2(!)...AND, if you act NOW you will also receive the incredible lifetime guaranteed Metal Baking Pans! (Also set of 2, chef grade...models 340DPCa and 164DPCb)!

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!:
I'll be waiting for the delivery! Thanks!

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months?

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter?

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night?

~ Have you ever removed your oven door?

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere?

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life?
Probably Radar.

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize!
Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride and The Pusher.

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot!
Serendipitous

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel:

Yes, vowels are A, E, I, O,U, Y

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! :

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too!

Brown Fender Strat.

**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! ****

Man, this stuff is great! It's just as though Donovan himself had appeared on my very own TV
screen with words of peace, love and eternal cosmic wisdom!

Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato:

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU?
Thanks Roosty! Nice job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 03:42 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
~ One of the best books you have read: I don't know if it is the best, but the most recent: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks Quite the read. Makes one really think during and after.

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it?

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? Yes and yes

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands? Yes, I make my own meatballs all the time.

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA! Never, not my thing.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road? yes

~ Did you think that it was also tracking the speed of the cars that use the road?

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? No, I don't do deep fried...hold it, I lied--we have made potato chips a few times.

~ Would any of you like to receive these awesome, high-quality professional grade kitchen items in your mail during the next 5 days? We have a fabulous new upgraded speedy mail system (that means 'shipping') that will get it to you quickly and in pristine condition!)

You will receive the Deluxe Pro Chef's ALL in ONE cookie sheet set of 2(!)...AND, if you act NOW you will also receive the incredible lifetime guaranteed Metal Baking Pans! (Also set of 2, chef grade...models 340DPCa and 164DPCb)!

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!:

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? No, I don't need any

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? I make my own batter. Just the basic.

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night? I would be disturbing myself! I go to bed by 7:30pm!

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere?

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life? No clue, never was a fan.

~ Psychological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize! Have no idea.

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot! California

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel:

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! : Shhh

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too! Brown

[color=DarkSlateGray]Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato: Purple carrots

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU? I do

Good Night....ZZZZzzzz....

Old 08-25-2017, 03:48 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

No, but then I've never seen a lottery ticket on the ground!

Yes, I do like egg noodles.

I think it may have been an anthology of big band and swing.

Yes, it's fun, like making mud pies.

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!..............................MARIJUANA!
Uh...I plead the Fifth.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road?
Not recently, but I know what you are talking about.

I've always wondered about that.

I once made french fries, and I'm thinking of trying a recipe for apple cider donuts.

I already have lots of baking pans, but thanks just the same.

No, because I just bought some.

Vegetable oil, melted butter, buttermilk (instead of whatever liquid is called for), blueberries

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night?
It's a detached house, so as long as all the doors and windows are closed, loud music shouldn't disturb our neighbors.

No, I haven't done that. I probably wouldn't be able to get it back on again.

I don't have a clue as I wasn't a fan of the show.

~ Psychological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize!
Born to be Wild
Magic Carpet Ride
Rock Me

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot!
onomatopoeia

strengths

crwth (a Welsh musical instrument similar to the violin)

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too!
Natural wood grain would be fine.

Man, this stuff is great! It's just as though Donovan himself had appeared on my very own TV
I want some of whatever you've been smoking.

Wine

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU?
No. Originally purple was reserved for royalty because the dye was so rare and expensive.

Thanks, Roosty!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: because I forgot to answer a question.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:59 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
~ One of the best books you have read: Peter Benchley's The Deep was good.

~ Have you ever picked up a lottery ticket from the ground in case it had a prize on it? No.

~ Have you ever had and do you like egg noodles? Yes and yes.

~ The last music CD that you bought: Probably a Willie Nelson CD at a garage sale.

~ Have you ever rolled and shaped some kind of meatball with your hands? No.

~ For those among our large group - how many of you have never been in a group of any size where someone or more was actually smoking....(drumroll!............................. .MARIJUANA! Only once that I recall at a camp site.

~ Have you, in the last few weeks, driven over any of those black skinny hose-like thingies that stretch across the road top in order to count the amount of cars that drive on that road? No.

~ What have you ever deep fried at home? Pork chops.

Order today before this offer runs out! Don't let it get away! Order here today!: Help! I can't find my credit card! No wait! I don't have one.

~ Do you think you will buy new socks in the next 2 months? No.

~ Have you ever added anything to the already made pancake batter? No.

~ At your home...can you listen to music or make noise at a volume of your choosing without disturbing anyone if you do it at 8:15 at night? What about 11:15 at night? I could set off cherry bombs after midnight and, except for my puppies, no one would be disturbed out here.

~ Have you ever removed your oven door? Yep.

~ Have you any experience at all with an air purifier (electrically operated) in your home or anywhere? Not any good experiences.

~ Which member of the cast of the TV show M*A*S*H plays drums in real life? Not a clue.

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize! Born to be Wild is the only thing that comes to mind.

~ Write a word that has 5 or more vowels..the more vowels in this word then the more likely people that can actually imagine giving a hoot will give a hoot! Beetlejuice.

~ The longest word you can come up with (yes, it is early...come do it later then if that floats your boat!) ......longest word you can come up with using only ONE vowel: M&M

~ For the Million Dollar Spin on our wheel.....Name 1 word without a vowel! : rhythm

~ What color FREE guitar would you like delivered to your home! It the kind you would choose, too! As long as it's a Gibson J-200 from the 1950s or 1960s, it can be any color you choose.

**** The weather changes have begun...behold, the power of the earth and it's elemental powers! ****

Lost question: Name something that is purple that is pretty darn neato: A football jersey from my old high school.

So why on earth do so many people think that purple is a feminine thing? Do YOU? I never thought of the large high school football jocks in high school as feminine.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:28 AM

385 posts, read 205,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

So many good books! I will settle on two. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson Mcculler and The Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Sickens.

The one time I saw one I did.

Yes. Also yes, I use them in my beef stroganoff.

Lesley Garrett

Yes. My youngest son, ( now 27) and I used to make them together and called them alien brains! Lol

No comment.

I have not.

Have not thought about it.

Not for years.

???

Yes! In fact, I have a couple coming through the mail any day now. Sockittome socks are my favorite.

Yes. Mini chocolate chips, blueberries, sliced strawberries, etc.

My choosing at 8:15 and at 11:15 low enough to not disturb anyone. Mostly though I am an introvert, so I like quiet .

No.

Yes and I loved it.

Radar?

~ Pschological 'Bonus' for those that can name 3 songs by Steppenwolf! 4 is the Elite bonus and 6 is like you should get something really cool for free as a prize!

Born To Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious

Strength

Hmm

Oh gosh, I guess a Fender in rocking red.

Eggplant and beets!

Nope.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics