Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 04:04 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times

Advertisements

~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'?

~ _________ trout.

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw?

~ __________ clam.

~ Clam __________

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can:

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me:

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'?

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb?

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable:

~
Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'?

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays?

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question:

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet?

~ What would happen if the Internet ran out of ink?

~ Combine 3 things and eat it:

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear?

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her?

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have?

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished?

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay?

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat?

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other:

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee:

Hopefully next Fryday will come out more cringe-worthy! Happy Fryday wishes for you all and see you later, crocodile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 04:14 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? - Visit a would be many times...

~ Steve trout. - (former MLB pitcher)

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? IDK

~ Happy as a clam.

~ Clam up

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can: - Mountain hiking

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: - Pass. Not needed but thanks anyway!

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? - Push back my current boss who I can't stand.

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? - EFF?

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: - Any contact with my micro-managing boss. Not a good situation but I try and not speak to her. Definitely helps that I am on the good side of her two assistants and all of my colleagues. It's just her who IMO has mental issues...

~ Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? - Sure

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays? - Why would you want that?

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question:

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? - Nope

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: - Fresh steamed broccoli, cheese, eggs, as an omelet.

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear? - Unless non-soy vegetarian I would pass.

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her? - Not possible, LOL

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have? - Except tape I do not need anything

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? - My car

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay? - 72 degrees, sunny, wind 10 MPH

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? - Sounds okay, I do not think I ever had it. Maybe...

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: - Toothpaste

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee: - Can't recall. Currently not watching...

Hopefully next Fryday will come out more cringe-worthy! Happy Fryday wishes for you all and see you later, crocodile! - I'm off today but unfortunately it'e supposed to rain almost all day.

Thanks and happy Friday!

Last edited by John13; 03-30-2018 at 04:51 AM..

Old 03-30-2018, 05:43 AM

30,545 posts, read 16,236,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

never heard the song until I just listened to it on youtube.

~ ___brown______ trout.

about 6 inches.

~ __scram,________ clam.

~ Clam ___scrammed._______

They're not too much on talking but they do listen.

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can:

don't know as I've lived an adventure but I enjoyed reading about Grandma Gatewood's Walk. At age 67 she through-hiked the Appalachian trail.

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me:

the kitchen ceiling please.

in my own way I guess.

won't say never but it's rare I use the word.

in a crowd

~

not especially

hide under the bed?

Claudia

nope. if it aint broken, don't fix it.

you'd get the lower turn-out on Frydays.

vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, fresh raspberries.

don't know as I'd expect it but I wouldn't eat it.

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her?

plug in the electric guitar and get into some old fashioned rock and roll.

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have?

a dremel

can't think of anything.

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay?

cool breeze, low 70s, big cotton-ball clouds, lots of birds singing. Water blurbling over some stones in the creek.

he was ok but wasn't really too fond of the Little Rascals.

toothpaste.

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee:

seriously?

Hopefully next Fryday will come out more cringe-worthy! Happy Fryday wishes for you all and see you later, crocodile!
after a while, alligator.

thanks, roosty.

Happy Friday, all.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? Don't know this expression/song.

~ _________ trout. Rainbow

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? As big as an adult alligator.

~ __________ clam. Happy as a

~ Clam __________ chowder

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: No, you have the day off.

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? Not really.

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? In my livingroom watching House Hunters International on HGTV. I said, "You effing idiot" out loud. The house hunting shows make me mad but I still watch them.

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: speaking on a stage/in front of a room.

~ Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? yes, a few. I like books about bad events The Donner Party, The Holocaust, Chicago Heat Wave, Sept 11, Hurricane Katrina, etc.

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays? Wait until Christmas falls on a Fryday.

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question: I notice no one calls their kid "Adolf" these days so the title of the book would be "Adolf" and it would be about some cute toddler, totally freaking out the readers.

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? I guess not. Don't know what you are talking about.

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: okay.

Yes but you know what? I feel bad about always throwing away the pickles.

Tell him, I'm into country these days.

Mealworms for my bird friends. They have them at Home Depot.

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? Maybe the car.

The weather is overcast and about 58 degrees.

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? Loved it when Eddie Murphy did Buckwheat on SNL. They did it like the Reagan shooting and kept playing the news tape over and over.

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: Crest 3D. I'm boring.

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee: Justified. My favorite all time TV show. Judge Reardon (Mike the Hammer) did but he didn't get the chance to do it because a bad guy was in the bathroom. All the Law & Orders, too. It happens a lot on law enforcement shows. The cops either take the suspect or the person they are protecting to the bathroom at the police station or court house or eating/drinking establishment, the suspect goes in there to pee (usually in a bar or eating establishment) and gets attacked or they try to escape from the bathroom. Sometimes while they are peeing someone will either get next to them and ask a question or make a snide comment about their equipment. It's always a public place. I can't think of any memorable TV peeing scene "at home."

Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,940 times
[quote=rainroosty;51466778]~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'?

Is that a euphemism for something? Literal downtown, many times.

The trout song.

Does your washer or dryer play a little tune when it's done? It's probably that song.

I don't know.

~ __________ clamorous

~ Clamalamadingdong

Probably something on YouTube.

I want a vegetable garden but I learned recently that due to the soil here, raised beds are best. If you could build some and plant me a garden that would be great. I also need some more space.

Edit: Oh, I thought you said planted. Well if you plant things too ...

Not really. Sometimes I say things that are socially frowned upon just to get reactions out of people or for my own amusement even if I don't agree with it myself. Maybe it's a mental disorder.

Never in front of other people. I'm a prude.

Situations more than places.

~

Everything occurred in history. Me typing this will be history in a couple of minutes.

You could do it in person. Most would probably shy away.

Cloddya

Not on purpose.

We'd be doomed.

Raw diced cabbage, fresh ginger, lime juice.

Just give me the pickle.

Take it to the gulf.

I don't know.

My toenails. But they're still growing out after I bit them off.

81, low humidity.

The grain or the Little Rascal?

Paste.

A really long YouTube livestream the other day. The person excused himself a couple of times to go to the bathroom. I watched it on my TV so it was technically TV.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:35 AM

126,287 posts, read 19,062,233 times
~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? Enough not to like cities

~ Rainbow trout.

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? a tiny one

~ Ocean clam.

~ Clam chowder

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can: Raiders of the Lost Ark,Lord of the Rings Trilogy,Lawrence of Arabia,Avenges,Star Wars....

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: Yes please and I would cook you a fantastic lunch. My garage doors and house door need a new coat of paint.

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? Maybe

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? I don't really curse. In German we use gentler words when one is annoyed

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: Crowds and big cities

~ Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? Sure many inventions. I love reading about the past

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays? Just give us empty questions

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question: Mirabella

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? Yes to clean it

~ What would happen if the Internet ran out of ink? Would be Wunderbar

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: Home baked farmer bread/Bauernbrot with dill butter and cheese

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear? Yes I like lentil burger with dill pickles

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her? Set it free

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have? Yippee
a new lawnmower?

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? My silver cutlery,trays and jugs

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay? It will be autumn around 18 C/64.4 F,leaves are falling slowly to the ground. A bit of wind picked up whispering through the trees while the last sun rays warm my old face.

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? Yes. I like buckwheat honey and in bread and pasta

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: Toothpaste

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee: Can't recall....

Thank you roosty

Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? Way too many

~ __Pan Fried_______ trout.

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? If the Komodo Dragon counts, about 8' long.

~ ___Geoduck_______ clam.

~ Clam __up________

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can: Not very adventurous today, but Wednesday I did climb out the bedroom window onto the roof.

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: Yes, the exterior of my house

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? Not really

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? In the family room in front of the TV

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: Any crowd of strangers, like a party where I know few if any people

~
Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? Yes, many in fact, I love history
and watch all 3 of the Josh Gates shows

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays? Many more questions

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question: Phred

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? Yes, many times

~ What would happen if the Internet ran out of ink? Civilization as we know it would end

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: Pulled Pork, medium rare hamburger, and bacon

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear? Yes

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her? Into a boiling pot of water

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have? 3,000 watt inverter generator

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? Wedding band

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay? Partly cloudy and dry, 65 degrees, slight breeze at times

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? Yes, especially for pancakes

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: Toothpaste

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee: I can't say that I ever saw that. I do remember once on a BBC British comedy a guy said he had to go and "spend a penny."

Old 03-30-2018, 08:47 AM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times
~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? Many times

~ Rainbow__ trout.

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? Komodo Dragon

~ Sea_ clam.

~ Clam __bake

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can: hiking is always an adventure.

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: two bedrooms

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? Yes

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? Talking with my sister a couple days ago.

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: funeral home

~
Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? I like all history

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question: Elizabeth

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? Yes

~ What would happen if the Internet ran out of ink? Disaster

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: chocolate, peanut butter and cookies

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear? Yes

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her? Throw him in a pot and it him.

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have? A new toilet seat, one that goes up and down on its own.

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? My jewelry

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay? Sunny, upper 70's, dry, no wind.

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? Yes

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: paste

Hopefully next Fryday will come out more cringe-worthy! Happy Fryday wishes for you all and see you later, crocodile![/quote]

Old 03-30-2018, 08:53 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,930,657 times
Too many times to figure out... thousands in my lifetime of different 'downtowns' for both pleasure and work.

~ Lake Superior trout

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? Hmm... maybe eight inches.

~ Not-so-happy-as-a-clam

~ Clam Screen Shelters

Hmm... gosh, there are many. The three years I lived in Keflavik, Iceland was an adventure, for sure, that started my adulthood adventures.

Yes, my house's exterior please. I never liked the color my husband picked out, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Haha! Of course, many times! It is in my nature.

In my home.

The Podunk town I live in at the moment.

~ Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'?
I am always interested in my own family's 'history'. I wrote down the history given to me by my maternal grandmother from Poland and my paternal great-grandfather from France. There were some truly fascinating stories.

What??? Why would you want to do that? Sorry, your fill-ins are too much fun so you'll just have to accept that, rainroosty.

~ Étienne ~

I recall having one of those in my hand, but have no idea why.

Well, in that world a lot of people would be...

A piece of chocolate cake, a scoop of chocolate ice cream and a cup of black coffee.

Most certainly! A very garlic-ey dill pickle, please.

Have it for dinner, of course!

Anything? Wow! Okay, I'll take all the materials needed to build a one-story, 1,200 sq.ft. house in a town 200+ miles south of where I am now.
Thank you so much! I do not mean to sound greedy, but when you said "anything" my imagination just ran wild!

Right now, my car.

Dew point under 50, temperature around 75, and a light breeze to keep the mosquitoes away from the porch while I am enjoying my Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

I never gave it much thought.

Rake (Australian TV)

Thank you very much, rainroosty! Groovy Friday wishes to everybody!

Last edited by geebabe; 03-30-2018 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Oops... forgot an answer

Old 03-30-2018, 09:15 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,737 times
~ How many times do you think you've 'gone downtown'? === Hundreds.

~ Rainbow trout.

~ About how big was the biggest lizard you personally ever saw? === Maybe a foot long?

~ New England clam chowder.

~ Clam bake.

~ List any good adventure thingy that you watched, did, played, read or anything you like because it's Fryday and because you can: === Not so much an adventure but a mystery -- I read the book "The Art Forger" by B.A. Shapiro. It was great.

~ Would you like something properly painted around where you live...for FREE of course...by me: === That would be fun! Pretty much every room needs a touch up so come on over Roosty.

~ Did you ever 'push the envelope'? === Quite often.

~ Where were you when you last dropped the EFF bomb? === Pretty much never.

~ Anywhere that you feel uncomfortable: === The middle seat on a plane.

~
Are you at all interested in any subject that has occurred in 'history'? === I am.

~ Any suggestions for what I can do to get a lower turn-out on Frydays? === Stop being so darned entertaining!

~ A good name to write a fictional story about...just first name required if you answer this question: === Barack.

~ Have you ever removed the little screen from a kitchen or bathroom faucet? === I have.

~ What would happen if the Internet ran out of ink? === Silly boy -- the internet doesn't need ink!

~ Combine 3 things and eat it: === Bread, butter, sliced tomatoes.

~ You get a Hamburger Deluxe...would you expect a pickle spear? === I'd be shocked if I didn't get one.

~ Suddenly, a rock lobster shows up at your door. What will you do with him or her? === If it's dead, I'd boil and eat. If it's alive, I don't know of anywhere I could take it to live out its life. I'd probably have to take it to the nearest restaurant and give it to them in return for a free meal credit.

~ For the second time in Fryday history, you get something...anything...for FREE from the really cool hardware store...they have all kinds of cool stuff there. So, what will you have? === I wonder if they'd have tools and wood for me to make frames for my paintings? If so, that's what I'd like. If not, I'd like a new light fixture for my study -- something that fits flush to the ceiling and is a little art deco. Thanks Roosty!

~ What have you got that would probably be nice to have polished? === Silver flatware, earrings and rings thanks.

~ You are sitting in a nice chair on a porch at a big log cabin in the forest...what is the weather like for it to really make you grin? Don't forget the temperature either. And all them there details, okay=== Mid-70s, low humidity, light breeze and no man-made sounds. I'd like to be alone with no internet access but at least a landline in case there's an emergency. I'd like to have a week's supply of food, water, books and painting supplies, a comfortable bed and a radio. Sounds like heaven to me.

~ Are you okay with Buckwheat? === Never had it.

~ Do you use toothpaste or tooth gel...or other: === Toothpaste.

~ Okeedoke, Okeechobee and Okefenokee...name any television series where you have seen somebody go into the bathroom to pee: Seinfeld?

CU Roosty!

Last edited by KiwiKate; 03-30-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics