Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 01:14 PM

14,804 posts, read 8,137,037 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday June 11, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Is there a public figure that appears on talk/interview shows who is always (in your personal opinion) an interesting & engaging guest ? Not many at all, but there is one or two that I can think of.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guilty pleasure, thing you enjoy yet feel that you shouldn’t ?
Do you have a guilty displeasure, thing you dislike but feel you ought to like ?

Bonus:
Is there a chore or task which you stay on top of, accomplish reliably ?
Is there a chore or task you tend to put off, avoid until you can’t any longer ?

Just for Fun:
Do you sleep with your windows open in summer ? Not in the summer...but in the spring and the Fall, yes.

Can you recall the last time you went out for a single-serving ice cream (cone or sundae) someplace ? Last Spring.

Happy Monday all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 02:49 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,439,364 times
Today’s Question:
Is there a public figure that appears on talk/interview shows who is always (in your personal opinion) an interesting & engaging guest ?
I don't watch talk shows much anymore and don't recognize most of the so-called celebrities on them so it's hard to say.

Extra Credit:
Cheeseburgers.

Do you have a guilty displeasure, thing you dislike but feel you ought to like ?
It seems we're supposed to like news stories sympathetic to people who've committed wrong
doing.
I think it's a question of, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. And I don't feel guilty.

Bonus:
Vehicle maintenance, registration and inspections, etc. Just got back from an oil change for the truck.

Is there a chore or task you tend to put off, avoid until you can’t any longer ?
A couple more things I want to sell on ebay and just haven't listed.

Just for Fun:
Do you sleep with your windows open in summer ?
God no, what do you think this is VT? Due to skeeters and heat we have that great invention: air conditioning.

Can you recall the last time you went out for a single-serving ice cream (cone or sundae) someplace ?
Today. Have you been following me? On the way home from the oil change I stopped at Baskin-Robbins. It was very good.

T'anks, cloven. Ice cream. Youse cream. We all scream for ice cream!

Old 06-11-2018, 03:16 PM

5,909 posts, read 3,803,796 times
Happy Monday June 11, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Is there a public figure that appears on talk/interview shows who is always (in your personal opinion) an interesting & engaging guest ?
Yes but don't ask me to remember who they are Nah I really enjoy the very talented children that Ellen features on her shows - they amaze me. Other than that most people I come across either in person or a public figure seem disingenuous and just love to hear their own voice. Whatever happened to "quiet time"?

Extra Credit:
Yeah I have way too many food guilty pleasures but I am doing better
Yeah I guess that would be sushi, I hate it but everyone I know eats that crap and they act like there's something wrong with me! I don't even like cooked fish that much

Bonus:
Yes washing the dishes. I have to stay on top of it because I don't have a dishwasher to hide all my dirty dishes. If nothing else, I wash the dishes.
Everything else?

Just for Fun:
Noooooooo way, too much wildlife roaming around here at night, some of my windows are close to the ground.
Can you recall the last time you went out for a single-serving ice cream (cone or sundae) someplace ?
Can't remember it's been years

Today in History:
1944: Commissioning of the last battleship built by the US Navy, the USS Missouri
1945: Birth of actress Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog)
1959: Birth of actor, musician, and comedian Hugh Laurie (House M.D.)
1969: Birth of actor Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones)
2004: The first hi-res images of Saturn’s moon Phoebe are taken by the Cassini-Huygens mission
2008: Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope launched into low-Earth orbit

Today’s Word:
ge·noise /ZHəˈnwäz/ (n.): A French/Italian whole-egg (the yolk & white parts aren’t mixed separately) sponge cake made with melted butter.

The batter is also the basis for ladyfinger cookies & Jaffa cakes.

Today Is:
Kamehameha Day (Hawaii)
National Cotton Candy Day
Corn on the Cob Day
National Making Life Beautiful Day

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at left & middle center-

Thought for the Day:
“What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast ?”

-Anthony Bourdain

Wishing all y’all in C-D land a heart-warming & spirit-nourishing Monday morning breakfast

Thanks Cloven!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:27 PM

343 posts, read 230,300 times
Today’s Question:
Is there a public figure that appears on talk/interview shows who is always (in your personal opinion) an interesting & engaging guest ? Not sure. I don't watch a lot of interview or talk shows but actors are usually pretty good at hamming things up. I just won't name names because I really can't

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guilty pleasure, thing you enjoy yet feel that you shouldn’t ? foie gras
Do you have a guilty displeasure, thing you dislike but feel you ought to like ? shopping, makeup, small talk, sports it's a wonder I have any friends at all

Bonus:
Is there a chore or task which you stay on top of, accomplish reliably ? Litter boxes
Is there a chore or task you tend to put off, avoid until you can’t any longer ?shower and tub scrubbing. I can't stand the cleanser fumes so I put it off and then put it off some more.

Just for Fun:
Do you sleep with your windows open in summer ? Kind of. I have a fan in the window so I get outside air
Can you recall the last time you went out for a single-serving ice cream (cone or sundae) someplace ? My husband and father love to go for icecream in summer. The last time I went with them was last summer. We had Rita's. I think I had a kids size swedish fish flavored ice and they had the creamy stuff (because they can have dairy).

Today in History:
1944: Commissioning of the last battleship built by the US Navy, the USS Missouri
1945: Birth of actress Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog)
1959: Birth of actor, musician, and comedian Hugh Laurie (House M.D.)
1969: Birth of actor Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones)
2004: The first hi-res images of Saturn’s moon Phoebe are taken by the Cassini-Huygens mission
2008: Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope launched into low-Earth orbit

Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,211,340 times
Today’s Question:
Is there a public figure that appears on talk/interview shows who is always (in your personal opinion) an interesting & engaging guest ? I don’t watch much of this sort of thing anymore, but I used to like to hear Jeffrey Toobin talk about legal issues

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guilty pleasure, thing you enjoy yet feel that you shouldn’t ? Ice Cream, or a nice, simple donut.
Do you have a guilty displeasure, thing you dislike but feel you ought to like ? Fresh, whole artichokes

Bonus:
Is there a chore or task which you stay on top of, accomplish reliably ? I do cleanup as I do prep work in the kitchen. And I keep up with laundry and take care of my clothes conscientiously.
Is there a chore or task you tend to put off, avoid until you can’t any longer ? A lot of household chores. I do tend to put dusting off.

Just for Fun:
Do you sleep with your windows open in summer ? Yes, and my window is slightly open all year long.
Can you recall the last time you went out for a single-serving ice cream (cone or sundae) someplace ? Last summer.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:37 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,379,735 times
Today’s Question:
Oh yes-astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson springs to mind.

Extra Credit:
Lots.
TV shows which I roll my eyes at yet watch nonetheless LOL
So many things !
Old venerated things that "everybody" thinks are great-
for instance, artworks whose symbolic importance I recognize, but I don't think much of aesthetically.

Bonus:
Washing dishes, doing laundry-relatively simple & easy, with immediate positive results.
Things that don't seem much improved for my efforts-dusting, scrubbing bathroom fixtures.

Just for Fun:
Yes-with screens, of course...
though it does get awfully noisy with the nearby highway, so I may shut the window facing in that direction.
Usually I don't go out for an ice cream bc it costs more than buying a multi-serving container at grocery store.
Last Sunday, bf took his mom & I out to ice cream stand, I got choc. chip cookie dough in a waffle cone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics