Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:56 PM

37,827 posts, read 41,161,092 times

Advertisements

Saturday's questions coming to you from computer crash central (2 operating system wipe outs in 3 weeks). Luckily, my files were backed up.

Have a good weekend! Stay warm.

For which 3 musical artists (groups, duos or solo performers) do you own the most music?

When playing any type of trivia game, in what category of questions would you probably do best?

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music?

What is a color you like to wear but would never select for your new vehicle’s exterior color?

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now?

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it?

Given these movie franchises, of which have you seen 3 or more movies?

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:54 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,195 times
Saturday's questions coming to you from computer crash central (2 operating system wipe outs in 3 weeks). Luckily, my files were backed up.

For which 3 musical artists (groups, duos or solo performers) do you own the most music?
Guessing....
1 John Coltrane
2 Miles Davis
3 Most of what I still have is old vinyl that belonged to my grandparents. I'd have to look to find an answer.

When playing any type of trivia game, in what category of questions would you probably do best? I'm not good at trivia. Maybe Arts & Entertainment or Literature

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music? I have owned a computer for all of maybe six months. Before this, I've always used a school computer & no, none of them ever crashed.

What is a color you like to wear but would never select for your new vehicle’s exterior color? I wear mostly black & white and have had black and white vehicles in the past. I will go with colors I like but not necessarily for a car..... purple and pink.

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? I'd say fair. I liked to dance.

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it? Location. Unless it's in the country with few neighbors, I wouldn't waste the realtor's time.

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones ...... maybe
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne ...... maybe
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed? Pushed. Pushed by someone he knew.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 11-09-2018, 11:16 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,029,005 times

I don't own any recorded music.

When playing any type of trivia game, in what category of questions would you probably do best?
Aviation, Alaska, Stinky Cheese

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music?
A fairly expensive laptop computer crashed less than 6 months after I bought it.

What is a color you like to wear but would never select for your new vehicle’s exterior color?
I don't wear any outlandish colors. So any color I like wearing is also fine as a vehicle color for me.

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now?
I have never been a good dance partner.

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it?
Neighborhood, condition of exterior

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed?
I am guessing old Humpty was pushed. All of the king's horses and king's men were seen lurking about just before it happened.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:31 PM

44,709 posts, read 61,914,903 times

Have a good weekend! Stay warm. It's nice and warm here, mid 70's.

1 I have over a dozen Big Band era albums.
2 Alabama 3 albums.
3 Pavarotti 3 albums.

When playing any type of trivia game, in what category of questions would you probably do best? History.

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music? Crashed a few times but didn't lose anything.

What is a color you like to wear but would never select for your new vehicle’s exterior color? Tan.

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? Danced the night away.
If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now? n/a

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it? Appearance or location.

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed? I heard he was goosed from behind by a jealous rooster and slid off.

Nice job LauraC.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:46 PM

21,651 posts, read 8,806,882 times

1 Enrico Caruso
2 Billie Holiday
3 Paul Simon

Food and drink; classic Hollywood; American history; opera
No, I had a hard disc crash once, but everything important that was on it survived.
Black. Black cars show every streak and speck of dust.
I'm not much of a dancer. Mr. Bay doesn't even know how, so whatever skills I had 35 years ago have long since gotten rusty.
If the neighborhood looked sketchy or was too close to a noisy highway.

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond <--- This one, but only with Sean Connery as Bond.
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park
I've seen the first Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies plus a couple of Dirty Harry titles, but have not seen any of the others.

He fell. Have you ever seen an egg that could stand up straight?

Thanks, LauraC!

Old 11-10-2018, 12:10 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,072,677 times

You too!

1 Eagles
2 Alabama
3 Fleetwood Mac.

Science and history (can't think of categories at the moment).
Not of importance.. I dropped a hard drive that was full and broke it. Mostly movies backed up elsewhere.
Hard to say if I like a color it usually doesn't matter what it's on.
How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s?

Don't think I ever danced that well but never got turned down.

If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now?

So many reasons.... Terrible looking exterior, obviously bad neighborhood, Realtor looks creepy.

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park

I'm not much for conspiracy theories. I think he just rolled off like a ball.

Thanks Laura!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-10-2018 at 12:27 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 12:26 AM

30,757 posts, read 16,397,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

1 Nightnoise
2 Mary Chapin Carpenter
3 Moody Blues
and Gordon Lightfoot and Dire Straits

not too good at games but maybe art history or nature

once.

purple

I was a lousy dancer. No sense of rhythm.

too big, neighbors too close

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones <<<<<
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park <<<<<

thanks, Laura. sorry about your computers. That's gotta be a pain.
probably fell trying to avoid the raccoon.

Last edited by PAhippo; 11-10-2018 at 01:34 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 04:57 AM

11,421 posts, read 9,349,138 times

I can relate. I'm having computer issues myself. I took me about 45 minutes to crank this thing up this morning. I never know when it's going to be my last...

Have a good weekend! Stay warm. - Work today and I am behind....

-Elvis Costello
2 - Juliana Hatfield
3 - The Climax Blues Band

- late 60s - early 80s rock / progressive rock / new wave / punk music

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music? - Not yet. There isn't much to lose.

I already have the next 3 Wednesday's QOTD all ready to go that is saved in an email draft just in case...
(local library is very close and is open late on Tuesday nights)

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now? - I last did with someone about 4 years ago and I think I did okay.

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it? - Sure

Star Wars
Jaws
Die Hard
The Omen
James Bond
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Final Destination
Twilight
Death Wish
Harry Potter
Madea
Batman
Dirty Harry
Friday the 13th
Lethal Weapon
Jason Bourne
Star Trek
The Fast and The Furious
Jurassic Park
-

I can't recall seeing any of these. Never been much of a movie buff but I prefer documentaries.

Thanks, Laura, great job!

Old 11-10-2018, 05:10 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,440,576 times

Only going by what's on my phone.

1 Foster the People
2 The Carpenters
3 Michael Giacchino

Maybe a small bit of anything.

I don't think I lost everything.

Pink

I only dance in front of the mirror. Only time I dance in front of anyone is if I'm being goofy.

Not to sound judgmental but probably the neighbors. Seeing how they take care of their property is sometimes a good indicator of their personalities. In other words trashy neighbors.

Star Wars

Jaws <-----

Die Hard

The Omen

James Bond

Indiana Jones

The Terminator

Final Destination

Twilight <----- But I couldn't make it all the way through the 3rd.

Death Wish

Harry Potter

Madea

Batman <----- Not sure.

Dirty Harry

Friday the 13th <-----

Lethal Weapon

Jason Bourne

Star Trek

The Fast and The Furious

Jurassic Park <-----

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed?[/quote]

Either way it's unfortunate.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:11 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,743,748 times

1 Bon Jovi
2 Elvis Presley
3 Tim McGraw

And others.

When playing any type of trivia game, in what category of questions would you probably do best? Actors/Actresses and Movies.

In all of the years that you’ve owned a home computer, has it ever crashed and you permanently lost photos, documents, videos and/or music? No.

What is a color you like to wear but would never select for your new vehicle’s exterior color? Purple.

How good of a dance partner were you when you were in your 20s? Pretty good. If you are still in your 20s, how good of a dance partner are you now?

Imagine a realtor is showing you houses within your budget. You pull up in front of one house but don’t get out of the car. For what reason(s) would you probably decline to see the house before you were even shown the inside of it? The neighborhood, the lousy parking and looks of the House.

[b]Star Wars
[b]Jaws
[b]Die Hard
[b]The Omen
[b]James Bond
[b]Indiana Jones
[b]The Terminator
[b]Final Destination
[b]Twilight
[b]Death Wish
[b]Harry Potter
[b]Madea
[b]Batman
[b]Dirty Harry
[b]Friday the 13th
[b]Lethal Weapon
[b]Jason Bourne
[b]Star Trek
[b]The Fast and The Furious
[b]Jurassic Park

Where do you stand on the Humpty Dumpty Conspiracy: Did he really fall or was he pushed?[/quote]
Maybe he nodded off and that’s how he fell.

Happy Saturday to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics