Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 09:09 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times

Advertisements

Howdy everyone. Time for Alaskan Mutt's last QOTD for 2018.

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever bought something at an auction?

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought?

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded?

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in?

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say?

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for?

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home?

Well folks it has been fun doing the QOTD. However, have no fear (well maybe a little fear), I will be back in 2019 to once again torture you with crappy questions. And, just a heads up, in the not too distance future my turn doing the QOTD falls on my birthday. The questions are sure to be extra crappy that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 09:43 PM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times
Sunday's Questions:

Yes, I've bid on eBay auctions.
In some cases, yes.
Yes, I wanted a set of 45rpm children's records (Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig) that I had enjoyed as a child, but someone else got them.

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in?
It's a Wonderful Life
I'll keep my mouth shut.
-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for?
Wings. If Linda McCartney can do it, so can I.
Not hanging, but I store the old ones for reference.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt, and happy birthday in advance!

Old 12-22-2018, 10:10 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times

Sunday's Questions:

Been to a couple but can't recall.
Maybe..

One so loud they couldn't hear me.
This one over my computer is almost last years.

Well folks it has been fun doing the QOTD. However, have no fear (well maybe a little fear), I will be back in 2019 to once again torture you with crappy questions. And, just a heads up, in the not too distance future my turn doing the QOTD falls on my birthday. The questions are sure to be extra crappy that day.
Thanks Al and Happy Birthday ahead of time in case I miss your post or just forget.

Old 12-22-2018, 10:58 PM

30,545 posts, read 16,236,133 times

so no QOTD on the 30th? or have I missed a week? That would mean I'd have to eat 7 days of chocolate in one day, just to catch up doncha know.

Sunday's Questions:

used to, all the time.

yup.

yup. can't win 'em all.

I'd like to part of the crowd running from Godzilla. After I got his autograph of course.

I may scream a time or two.

any band I'd want to sing with would not be improved by the addition of my off-key screechy voice. Seriously, have you ever heard a hippo sing?

no but ask me again in a couple of weeks.

Happy Birthday ahead of time, AM. I wish you lots of sticky cheese, cheap beer, and bepto bismal.

Last edited by PAhippo; 12-22-2018 at 11:08 PM..

Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 PM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Sunday's Questions:

- Last time was about 15 years ago on eBay. Participated a few times, tickets for events.

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought? - Yes.

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded? - Yes

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in? - Up In Smoke or Back to School.

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say? - Whatever. Just being part of the fun would be cool.

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for? - The B-52's seem like a fun band and a cool group of people to be around.

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home? - It's been years since I had those types of calendars.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 12-22-2018, 11:17 PM

256 posts, read 151,346 times

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever bought something at an auction? Nope

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought? ^

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded? ^

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in? Hmmm...I don't really need to be in a movie, but maybe Home Alone

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say? No preference

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for? The Eagles

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home? Not hanging, they're put up

Old 12-23-2018, 12:06 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever bought something at an auction? Once.

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought? Yes a shill. Most auctions are a rip-off IMO.

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded? Yes.

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in? Yellow Submarine.

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say? Lines to say, like 'help'.

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for? Bee Gees

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home? No, they get shredded.

"Happy future Birthday", here's some cake for your pleasure...

Old 12-23-2018, 01:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Good morning folks from a rain soaked England! No sign of any snow though, so I'm not complaining!!

About 30 years ago, I bought a glass fronted display case at an auction. I don't know why I wanted it, but it's beauty caught my eye as I walked past the auction house in my home town Oldham.

I bid on it against others, and bought it for £120, which was quite a lot of money in those days.

I managed to hang on to it after my divorce, and it now stands proudly just a few feet from where I am sat typing this. It is now full of Judy's pottery pigs. As I glance round, their little piggy faces stare at me through the glass.......

I would like to be an extra in 'Casablanca' starring Humphrey Bogart, and Ingrid Bergman. I would have liked a speaking part. I could have been Peter Lorre's sneering friend.

I would have liked to do backing singing for Cilla Black.

That's it folks. Have yourselves a merry little Christmas.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:42 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,418 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever bought something at an auction? A number of things actually. When she died, my great aunt's things were put up for auction. I bought her dining room set.

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought? Oh, yes. Once it was my daughter bidding against me for a glass front bookcase. I wasn't looking for who I was bidding against when I heard, "Mom, stop bidding against me!" Everyone laughed and she got the bookcase.

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded? ^^^^^ and other times as well.

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in? A silent movie with Charlie Chaplin.

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say? I will be an extra in the background, no close ups.

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for? Oh, no band would want me singing back-up. I only sound good in my head.

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home? I don't have any calendars hanging in my home.

Well folks it has been fun doing the QOTD. However, have no fear (well maybe a little fear), I will be back in 2019 to once again torture you with crappy questions. And, just a heads up, in the not too distance future my turn doing the QOTD falls on my birthday. The questions are sure to be extra crappy that day. Thanks, Mutt!

Old 12-23-2018, 01:55 AM

3,076 posts, read 1,683,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

-Have you ever bought something at an auction? Once. An old antique art deco sideboard.

-Was anyone else bidding on the item you bought? Only a few. It wasn't in mint shape and is a smaller sideboard.

-Have you bid on something at an auction only to be outbidded? Only in Ebay - countless times.

-Mike the movie time machine fairy is here to take you back in time to be an extra in a movie. What movie would you like to be an extra in? An old movie with music and dance. Let's see... one of the beach party movies.

-Will you be an extra with a non-speaking role or will you have lines to say? Oh, I'll try a speaking role!

-Just when you thought it was safe to move onto the next question it turns out Mike is covering for Freddie the time traveling band fairy. He will take you back in time to sing back-up vocals for a band. What band would you like to sing back-up for? Oh, boy! I can't sing! Hmmm... The Troggs. There is NO WAY to sing 'Wild Thing' and make it sound pretty!

-Do you have any calendars from previous years hanging in your home? Nope. I have a few for various reasons but not on the walls.

Thanks, Mutt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics