Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 08:10 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Today's questions may have several typo's. To avoid all the brain freezes I had last time I have a heating pad on top of my head. It is working except that I am overheating so I am sitting in front of the air conditioner. Now my hands are cold so I have to wear gloves while typing.

Sunday's Questions:

-Whether it be the mailbox outside your home or a box at the post office, how often do you check your mail?

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket?

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures?

-When traveling have you ever stayed at a youth hostel?

-Have you ever taken an Alaskan cruise?

The QOTD will return after a brief word from our sponsor...

When tasked with writing something do you find it hard to be creative? Do you lay awake all night tossing and turning while trying to think of what to write? Do you think Alaskan Mutt is just trying to make this post look longer? The answers to these questions can be found somewhere but don't ask me as I don't know.

Now back to the QOTD already in progress...

-Time to fess up...Do you change the battery in your smoke detectors twice a year or wait till they start chirping?

-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back?

-How often do you go out to a movie?

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

When nobody was looking I snuck in and used the governments super computer to check these questions. Turns out somebody was looking. As they were tossing me out I asked for a copy of the results of the questions check. They told me it was classified.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 06-08-2019 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 08:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Greetings. Today's questions may have several typo's. To avoid all the brain freezes I had last time I have a heating pad on top of my head. It is working except that I am overheating so I am sitting in front of the air conditioner. Now my hands are cold so I have to wear gloves while typing.

Sunday's Questions:

-Whether it be the mailbox outside your home or a box at the post office, how often do you check your mail? It comes once a day so I attempt to get out to the box at the curb ONE time after it's dropped off by the mailman. However there have been days when he is late and I've had to go out there a number of times waiting and watching for it come come.

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket? No, it's always been two ways for a better price.

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures? Yes, sometimes life throws a curve ball.

-When traveling have you ever stayed at a youth hostel? No

-Have you ever taken an Alaskan cruise? Yes ~ Loved it! It was last year if I remember correctly. It included a bus trip up to Denali Nat'l Park, a rail tour and then the cruise back to Canada along the inside passage. Excellent trip!

The QOTD will return after a brief word from our sponser...

When tasked with writing something do you find it hard to be creative? Do you lay awake all night tossing and turning while trying to think of what to write? Do you think Alaskan Mutt is just trying to make this post look longer? The answers to these questions can be found somewhere but don't ask me as I don't know.

Oh my god that’s frightening lol

-Time to fess up...Do you change the battery in your smoke detectors twice a year or wait till they start chirping? once a year. I don't use them unless there's smoke inside the house. lol

-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back? Yes. When can I go?

-How often do you go out to a movie? Never ~ I don't like theaters and lots of people so I rent, buy or watch movies at home. Plus I get cheap popcorn at home. lol

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

When nobody was looking I snuck in and used the governments super computer to check these questions. Turns out somebody was looking. As they were tossing me out I asked for a copy of the results of the questions check. They told me it was classified.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 06-08-2019 at 08:52 PM..

Old 06-08-2019, 08:40 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Sunday's Questions:

-Whether it be the mailbox outside your home or a box at the post office, how often do you check your mail? Every day. But we use the USPS email telling us what we're getting each day in the mail so we'll know if it's worth walking out to get it. https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...o/start.action

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket? Have only flown twice and bought round trip tickets each time

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures? Yup

-When traveling have you ever stayed at a youth hostel? Nope

-Have you ever taken an Alaskan cruise? Nope

The QOTD will return after a brief word from our sponser...

-Time to fess up...Do you change the battery in your smoke detectors twice a year or wait till they start chirping?
We wait
-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back? I think I'll pass
-How often do you go out to a movie? Haven't been in at least 3 years. Have roku on my TV and can choose from a few hundred free movies each night so why go out?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:47 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Does it look like Jiffy Pop? If popcorn comes out of it, it could be.

Sunday's Questions:
-Whether it be the mailbox outside your home or a box at the post office, how often do you check your mail?
Daily

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket?
No.

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures?
Yes, and went to a different hotel.

I've heard they just call them hostels now and welcome travelers of all ages.

I've been to Alaska, but cruised in via air.

The real question may be "Do you use 'task' as a verb?"

Change regularly.

-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back?
Sure. When do we leave?

Never anymore. No interest.

Classified as what?

Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Greetings. Today's questions may have several typo's. To avoid all the brain freezes I had last time I have a heating pad on top of my head. It is working except that I am overheating so I am sitting in front of the air conditioner. Now my hands are cold so I have to wear gloves while typing. LOL, maybe you can get a voice operated machine to do the QOTD's.

Sunday's Questions:

-Whether it be the mailbox outside your home or a box at the post office, how often do you check your mail? Daily except Sunday, unless I missed Saturday.

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket? Only round trip tickets, it costs less.

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures? Yep, couple of times left and went to a better place.

-When traveling have you ever stayed at a youth hostel? No, I don't think they let old people stay there.

-Have you ever taken an Alaskan cruise? 2 and enjoyed it immensely, beautiful, scenic State.

The QOTD will return after a brief word from our sponsor...Zzzzzz nap time.
When tasked with writing something do you find it hard to be creative? Do you lay awake all night tossing and turning while trying to think of what to write? Do you think Alaskan Mutt is just trying to make this post look longer? The answers to these questions can be found somewhere but don't ask me as I don't know. No, yes, okay.

-Time to fess up...Do you change the battery in your smoke detectors twice a year or wait till they start chirping? I like the chirp, so pleasant to listen too.

-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back? Definitely, when can I pack.

-How often do you go out to a movie? Never, rather stay in the comfort of my home and watch on the Dolby entertainment system. Also the popcorn or peanuts are cheaper and I can have a beer while watching.

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day Uh, did Minnie have a say in this...

Thanks mutt, but we're still watching you...

Old 06-08-2019, 11:08 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Today's questions may have several typo's. To avoid all the brain freezes I had last time I have a heating pad on top of my head. It is working except that I am overheating so I am sitting front of the air conditioner. Now my hands are cold so I have to wear gloves while typing.
You poor thing!

Sunday's Questions:

Six days a week.
No, I don't think I've ever done that. Is there an advantage?
Yes, though not dramatically so. The photos always make a place look better than it is.
Yes, in Europe.
No, but I would like to.

Writing is hard work. Sometimes the inspiration just doesn't come. I've always thought the best approach was to walk away from the project, clear my mind and then go back to it later.

We wait until it starts chirping.
Yes, I would do that.
Not very often. Maybe two or three times a year. I dislike movie theaters because of the seemingly endless promos and commercials you have to sit through before the feature starts, not to mention inconsiderate fellow patrons talking and making noise. And it seems like someone tall always sits right in front of me, blocking the screen.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 06-09-2019, 12:45 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

better than mittens.

Sunday's Questions:

box is out front of my house and check it daily. even on Sunday if I forget what day it is.

nope. If I get there, I want to make sure I get home.

no I don't think I've ever booked ahead.

when I was a youth.

nope

that sponsor wouldn't involve cheap cheese and stinky beer would it?

no smoke alarms so no batteries to change.

good grief, no. can't think of anything more boring. even paint dries faster than that.

maybe once a year.

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

well, at least they acknowledged the existence of the check. Thanks, mutt.

Old 06-09-2019, 01:00 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Sunday's Questions:

Every other Monday unless I'm expecting something.

-When flying somewhere for vacation have you ever just bought a one-way plane ticket before the start of the trip and waited until it was time to go home before buying your return ticket? N/A, have never flown for vacation, just work.

-Have you ever booked a hotel and then once you got there found that the hotel was nowhere near as nice as it looked in the pictures? Yes.

-When traveling have you ever stayed at a youth hostel? no

-Have you ever taken an Alaskan cruise? no

Report writing was one of my favorite aspects of my job and I liked writing reports in school and college, too. Creative writing I took in college and liked that, too, but not as much as report writing.

-Time to fess up...Do you change the battery in your smoke detectors twice a year or wait till they start chirping? Maintenance in the apartment complex checks the smoke detectors twice per year along with the fire extinguishers and the fire department checks them once a year. Maintenance changes the batteries.

-Would you go on an all expenses paid cruise across the ocean from the U.S. to Europe and back? No, too little to photograph. Not interested in cruise activities. Wouldn't mind a river cruise in Europe because of the scenery but to get there would take a regular ship not a cruise ship.

-How often do you go out to a movie? Never, anymore but watch a lot of movies at home.

Last edited by LauraC; 06-09-2019 at 01:10 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 01:24 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Sunday's Questions:

6 days a week.
Nope.

Nope.. ?
Nope.

A man of few words but many frequent flyer miles.
They need to let me know.
Of Course. Then again with the recent history of cruise ships maybe not.
Maybe once in 3 or 4 months. Sometimes more often.

Today Is:
*Donald Duck Day

Thanks Al!

Old 06-09-2019, 03:28 AM

10 posts, read 4,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
well, at least they acknowledged the existence of the check. Thanks, mutt.
Yeah,they acknowledged the existence of the check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics