Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:24 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times

Advertisements

Hello QOTDers drunk on Friday's Valentine's Day Love and the rest of us. Ready for 5 useless facts? 1) Here's one that's not so useless: To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let you go instantly. (There was no mention if this also works with alligators so try it at your own risk.) 2) While we're talking about escaping crocodiles: Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile. So, if being chased by one, run in a zigzag line to lose him or her. Okay, then. 3) A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. 4) In the "And you thought it was all about the heat" category: It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona. 5) And in the we wonder if the government paid for this research category: A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

Let us begin.

1 – 5 songs you like with “Love” in the title.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title.

What are your favorite flowers to give and/or receive (any occasion)?

Who is your favorite cartoon couple?

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business?
If yes because they moved the business, how far away did they move it? Not looking for miles. (possible answer examples: to another state, to another province, to another country, to another city in my state/county/province, etc.)

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work?

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days?
If yes, tell us the name of the city/cities and if you did anything there, besides dining out, in your free time.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

Dead or Alive Stand-up Comedian
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

Past or Present Candy Bar
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

Salad Ingredient That Is Not Lettuce:
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

Game or Sport Played with A Ball
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 10:12 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times

1)What the world needs now is love, sweet love
2)Love is in the air
3)somebody to love
4)Can't help falling in love
5)All you need is love

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title. Love Story

What are your favorite flowers to give and/or receive (any occasion)? Carnations

Who is your favorite cartoon couple? Blondie and Dagwood Bumstead

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business? Yup
If yes because they moved the business, how far away did they move it? Not looking for miles. (possible answer examples: to another state, to another province, to another country, to another city in my state/county/province, etc.)
The company was in another state but about 65 miles away. We didn't have any business because they were concentrating on the store in their town. Shut us down and reopened 6 months later after spending a fortune repairing the building all of us told them it needed

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. Talks to you like you've known each other a long time. Will sit and talk during lunch or breaks

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? The day I quit ( was getting my first SS check) our boss took us all to a BBQ restaurant for a going away lunch

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days? Nope
If yes, tell us the name of the city/cities and if you did anything there, besides dining out, in your free time.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: Robin Williams
b) Least Favorite: Rodney Carrington

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite: Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck
b) Least Favorite: Ren and Stempy

a) Favorite: Milky Way
b) Least Favorite: Anything with coconut and/or almonds

a) Favorite: Ham
b) Least Favorite: Onions

a) Favorite: Golf
b) Least Favorite: Baseball

Old 02-14-2020, 10:26 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,805,930 times
Hello QOTDers drunk on Friday's Valentine's Day Love and the rest of us. Ready for 5 useless facts? 1) Here's one that's not so useless: To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let you go instantly. (There was no mention if this also works with alligators so try it at your own risk.) 2) While we're talking about escaping crocodiles: Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile. So, if being chased by one, run in a zigzag line to lose him or her. Okay, then. 3) A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. 4) In the "And you thought it was all about the heat" category: It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona. 5) And in the we wonder if the government paid for this research category: A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.

Let us begin.

1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy59p5FEDA8
2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotiMG4IYwg
3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izi_YQGuENc
4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxmVuqPFB4A
5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0e8_foDmU

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title.
Romancing the Stone

Yellow roses

Fred & Wilma. Only ones I could think of.

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business?
No.

Sense of humor and big heart.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work?
A dance... Big Christmas party.

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days?
No went hunting with boss for maybe 3 days.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite:Ron White ..actually Jeff Dunham as a ventriloquist comedian.
b) Least Favorite: So many...

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite:Hard to say.
b) Least Favorite: Butterfinger

a) Favorite:tomato
b) Least Favorite: cucumber

a) Favorite: Basketball these days. Since the Cowboys died 25 years ago.
b) Least Favorite: Soccer
Thanks Laura C!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-14-2020 at 10:57 PM..

Old 02-14-2020, 11:00 PM

21,533 posts, read 8,718,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And in the we wonder if the government paid for this research category: A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
I just tried that, and the raisin didn't move. But it made the Champagne bubble more

Let us begin.

1) Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
2) You Can't Hurry Love - Supremes
3) Dance Me to the End of Love - Madeleine Peyroux
4) What Is This Thing Called Love? - (various artists)
5) Love Her Madly - The Doors

Love Story

Red roses

Sylvester and Tweety

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

No, that's never happened, although some of the smaller companies I worked for went out of business after I'd left.

--

Sense of humor

I've attended Christmas parties at a museum, at the Carnelian Room (atop the old Bank of America building in San Francisco) and at restaurants.

I went out of town for some training once, but it wasn't more than five days.

It was at NBC Burbank, and since I didn't have a car I stayed at the hotel when I wasn't in class.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: Robin Williams
b) Least Favorite: Woody Allen

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite: Fred Flintstone
b) Least Favorite: Quagmire

a) Favorite: Snickers
b) Least Favorite: Three Musketeers

a) Favorite: Garbanzos or kidney beans
b) Least Favorite: Radicchio

a) Favorite: Baseball
b) Least Favorite: Football

Old 02-15-2020, 12:01 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:

Let us begin.

1) The Look of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9jvDz3mJA

2) Love Will Keep Us Together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNEf9oGw8o

3) This Thing Called Love - Peter Pearson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkie9q-uUM

4) Summer Love - Paul Hardcastle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWoDIya_7ak

5) This Guy's In Love with You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWjbUAYcxII

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title. Love Story

What are your favorite flowers to give and/or receive (any occasion)? Roses

Who is your favorite cartoon couple? The Flintstones

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business? Yes
If yes because they moved the business, how far away did they move it? Not looking for miles. (possible answer examples: to another state, to another province, to another country, to another city in my state/county/province, etc.) Relocated to another state.

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. Fairness, integrity.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? Dinner at a restaurant.

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days? No

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite: Almond Joy Bar
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite: Tomato
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite: Golf
Thanks, Laura.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-15-2020 at 12:09 AM..

Old 02-15-2020, 12:03 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Let us begin.

1)We Love And Learn Earl-Jean
2) Wear Your Love Like Heaven Donovan
3) What Kind Of Love Is This Joey Dee And The Starliters

4) What Now My Love Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass
5) When A Man Loves A Woman Percy Sledge The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title.
Romancing the Stone - 1984

Any living flower that can be planted in my yard that will bloom for the butterflies and/or hummingbirds

Who is your favorite cartoon couple? Fred and Wilma Flintstone

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business? Yes

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. Total honesty.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? Only thing ever was a company fishing trip.

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days? Never

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: Red Skelton
b) Least Favorite: Amy Beth Schumer

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite: Peter Griffen
b) Least Favorite: Homer Simpson

a) Favorite: Zero Bar
b) Least Favorite: Butterfinger

b) Least Favorite: Sharp Cheddar cheese

a) Favorite: Baseball

Thanks for the Questions Laura

Old 02-15-2020, 12:33 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Let us begin.

1) Love Me Tender
2) Love is a many Splendid Thing
3) I Will Always Love You
4) I'm in the Mood for Love
5) How Deep is Your Love

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title. From Paris with Love

What are your favorite flowers to give and/or receive (any occasion)? Red roses.

Who is your favorite cartoon couple? Roadrunner & Coyote

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

Have you ever lost a job because your employer went out of business or moved the business? Out of business.

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. Good communication skills.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? Christmas party.

If yes, tell us the name of the city/cities and if you did anything there, besides dining out, in your free time. In the military yes traveled to several places.

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: Red Skelton
b) Least Favorite: Too many.

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite: Charlie Brown
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite: Almond Joy
b) Least Favorite: Snickers

b) Least Favorite: Onion

a) Favorite: Football
b) Least Favorite: Cricket
When I die I want to be re-incarnated as a pig.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:29 AM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times

1) A Love So Fine - Nick Lowe
2) If I Didn't Love You - Squeeze
3) Love Less - New Order
4) This Lonely Love - Juliana Hatfield
5) Love Plus One - Haircut 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_msHpEa3_Y

Drawing a blank on these.

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

- No

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. - I'll settle for one who is not an a-hole like my current boss is.
He even admitted it!

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? - A few holiday functions in the past.

- The most was 2 days, long ago...

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: - Current - Bill Maher. past - Rodney Dangerfield
b) Least Favorite: - IDK but probably plenty.

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite:
b) Least Favorite:

a) Favorite: - Milky Way
b) Least Favorite: - I can't eat nuts, so...

a) Favorite: Too many to name. Since I have snow peas in my salad today... I don't often see that on the salad bars I purchase from.
b) Least Favorite: - A lot here too. I am not fond of beets.

a) Favorite: - Baseball
b) Least Favorite: - American football.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 02-15-2020, 04:25 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,679,759 times
Quote:
Hello QOTDers drunk on Friday's Valentine's Day Love and the rest of us. Ready for 5 useless facts? 1) Here's one that's not so useless: To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let you go instantly. (There was no mention if this also works with alligators so try it at your own risk.) 2) While we're talking about escaping crocodiles: Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile. So, if being chased by one, run in a zigzag line to lose him or her. Okay, then. 3) A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. 4) In the "And you thought it was all about the heat" category: It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona. 5) And in the we wonder if the government paid for this research category: A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top. Interesting tidbits!

1) I Was Made to Love Her - Stevie Wonder
2) The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells
3) Love Me Do - Beatles
4) Burnin' Love - Elvis
5) Come and Get Your Love - Redbone

The first movie or book that comes to mind with Love, Romance, Valentine or Heart in the title. Angel Heart

What are your favorite flowers to give and/or receive (any occasion)? To receive, yellow or lavender roses. To give, something with stargazers.

Who is your favorite cartoon couple? Fred and Wilma Flintstone

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

If yes because they moved the business, how far away did they move it? Not looking for miles. (possible answer examples: to another state, to another province, to another country, to another city in my state/county/province, etc.) It didn't go OUT of business but it'd been downsizing for many years, and eventually I had my turn. It's still around but barely a fraction of what it used to be.

Any characteristics that you like in an immediate boss. Someone willing to listen and encourage a little empowerment. Nothing worse than working for an egotist.

For any job you have ever held, what type of event(s), if any, have you celebrated as a group in a location that is not in the building where you work? Well, farewell parties were often held at restaurants. Umm.... I was not a socializer.

Have you ever traveled for work and stayed at the location(s) for more than 5 days? Nope

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite: Bob Hope, maybe.
b) Least Favorite: Andrew Dice Clay. Sam Kinison was too crude for me but he had his moments of making me laugh.

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite: The Road-Runner
b) Least Favorite: Scooby-Doo

a) Favorite: Hershey's, plain or with almonds
b) Least Favorite: Milk Duds (not a bar but I assume it counts).

a) Favorite: Peas
b) Least Favorite: Mushrooms

a) Favorite: Basketball
b) Least Favorite: Lacrosse
Thanks, LauraC

Old 02-15-2020, 07:34 AM

126,265 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:

Let us begin.

1)The Power Of Love by Céline Dion
2)Love Gets Me Every Time by Shania Twain
3)La Vida Sin Amor by Il Divo
4)Je suis une femme amoureuse/ I am a woman in love by Mireille Mathieu
5)Walzer der Liebe/Waltz of Love by Mireille Mathieu -

..............No idea

...............I love wildflowers with daisies

......................I have no favorite but like Astérix et Obélix

ALL WORK AND SOME PLAY

..................No

..................One who cares for his employees,is a good listener and mentor........

.........................Retirement,Appreciation dinner,award dinner and Christmas party

..................No

FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE

a) Favorite:.............N/A
b) Least Favorite:..........N/A

Human Cartoon Character
a) Favorite:.....................Astérix et Obélix
b) Least Favorite: ...............N/A

a) Favorite:....................Chocolate coffee beans and Hazelnut Ritter Sport
b) Least Favorite: ...............Liquorice

a) Favorite:................Red radish and Persian cucumbers
b) Least Favorite:................Brussels Sprouts

a) Favorite:..................................Soccer and field hockey
b) Least Favorite:......................................... .......Rugby or American football

THANK YOU Laura
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics