Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 09:46 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,663,613 times

Advertisements

Well, letls skip a flat stone across this pond, and see what happens . . .

1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about?

2. Did you grow up with siblings?

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity?

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember?

5. Why do you remember it?

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? What did you last have?

7. Do you use hyphens a lot, or too much, when spelling?

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names?

9. Any maiden names from generations before that?

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 10:03 PM

11,428 posts, read 9,359,824 times
1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about? - Born in the 50s.

2. Did you grow up with siblings? - One brother

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity? - None

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember? - D/K

5. Why do you remember it? - N/A

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? What did you last have? - Not usually. The last treat I had was 2 white and 2 milk chocolate pretzels from a market I like. They were gone in one sitting which is why I do not like to bring and of that type of stuff in my apartment.
Adding - It's the closest answer I can come up with since I rarely have a traditional after dinner dessert.

7. Do you use hyphens a lot, or too much, when spelling? - When needed

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names? - Nope

9. Any maiden names from generations before that? - No interest

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary? - Trips are carefully planned.

Good debut, thanks for your time.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:28 PM

154 posts, read 292,120 times
1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about? Hi arr430! Thx for the Qs. I am a girl. As for decade of birth, I am just not ready to tell all, but what a great question!

2. Did you grow up with siblings? Yes, many!

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity? I learned a lot of card games, but lack poker hustling skills. Idk. I think I get along with all different types of people as a result of growing up in a large family.

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember? No idea. I think I need to get out more often.

5. Why do you remember it? I don't.

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? What did you last have? If someone wants dessert, honey child, I am in! Tiramisu is the dessert of choice!

7. Do you use hyphens a lot, or too much, when spelling? Definitely not enough

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names? But, of course

9. Any maiden names from generations before that? Yes!

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary? Lol... counter clockwise...(apologies if a hyphen was required for counter clockwise)

Thank you kindly for the Qs of the Day, arr 430! They were great!

Old 09-11-2022, 11:51 PM

44,723 posts, read 61,957,622 times
1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about? Male-Stoneage.

2. Did you grow up with siblings? Yes.

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity? They didn't, I was much older than they were.

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember? Santa Claus AZ.

5. Why do you remember it? Unusual name/town.

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? Usually. What did you last have? Strawberry rhubarb pie with vanilla bean ice cream.

7. Do you use hyphens a lot, or too much, when spelling? As needed.

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names? Yes.

9. Any maiden names from generations before that? Yes.

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary? Zig-zag.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:59 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,663,613 times
Is it the custom to answer your own questions? I never noticed

1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about?
----- M, 3os

2. Did you grow up with siblings
----- Yes,, sister, she was 6 years older?

----- I adored her, I was ASD, untreated then, just sink or swim, and she was the best that ever happened to me. I always felt she was proud of me. Then, from age 13, I was an only chilt, which left me to fill myself out.

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you ca rnemember?
-----Family friends famed near Ladoga, 5 houses and a store. Dwindled to near zero, but a few new houses built.

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? What did you last have?
----- Never, never

----- Probly too much, I use them for claarity, don't care if wrog

--- Carroll, Sakalauskas.

----- Cobb

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary?
----- Clockwise, I don't like to think of left tu5ns.

Old 09-12-2022, 12:22 AM

37,834 posts, read 41,181,592 times

F 1950s.

2. Did you grow up with siblings? 1

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity? Not at all. I'm the older one.

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember? Leipsic, Delaware: population 180 and Cass, West Virginia, population 39.

5. Why do you remember it? Took train depot photos in Cass. Drive through Leipsic every year on my way to a wildlife refuge in Smyrna, DE. It may be small but they clock your speed.

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? Never
What did you last have? N/A

7 Do you use hyphens a lot or too much when spelling Usually use one with "re" words like re-election or re-read or re-do. No idea if it's right but too lazy to keep looking up the words.

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names? Only one. The other one died when my dad was a kid.

9. Any maiden names from generations before that? Do I know any? No. Genealogy is my sister's thing.

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary? Only plan appointments, not what I do after them.

Old 09-12-2022, 12:51 AM

1,423 posts, read 648,726 times

1. For starters, what is your gender and approximate decade of birth, so I can gauge the life style to ask about?………….Male

2. Did you grow up with siblings?………..1 brother

3. How did your childhood with siblings influence you in maturity?………………He’s younger and looked out for him

4. What is the smallest town you've been in, whose name you can remember?………….My father’s home town

5. Why do you remember it?…………. Many good family memories

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner? What did you last have? Yes. Baba au rum made by bakery

7. Do you use hyphens a lot, or too much, when spelling?…………Depends

8. Do you know your grandmothers' maiden names?……………Yes

9. Any maiden names from generations before that?…………..Yes

10. Say you are planning a multi-stop round of errands. Do you plan clock-wise, or counterclockwise itinerary?………..Depends

Enjoy, Manic Monday everyone

Old 09-12-2022, 03:22 AM

14,950 posts, read 8,258,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

Female, born in the late 1950's.
No, I was an only child.
(But had 20 cousins, who I spent lots of time with and one in particular who was at our home as much as her own, that was more like a sister than a cousin.)

N/A
Ferdinand Indiana- population of 2,157

My Grandpa's home town and where some of my German ancestors settled when they immigrated to America in the 1800's. Family Reunions are held there every few years.
Many of the cousins still live there.

6. Do you customarily have sit-down dessert after dinner?
Not usually....on Holiday's, Special Occasions etc....sometimes on Sunday If I feel like it!!
(I do keep fresh fruit and yogurt on hand in case someone wants something a little sweet though.)

What did you last have?
Last month we had Italian Cream Cake once and Tiramisu once...can't remember in which order though.
Sometimes

Clockwise
Nice Job Arr! Great Questions!

Old 09-12-2022, 04:16 AM

62,257 posts, read 88,136,454 times
Well, let's skip a flat stone across this pond, and see what happens . . .

Female/Boomer

No.

N/A

On my way to Laramie, WY - I have been through a town that posted: Population...1. I think it's name was Buford.

Because, it was the smallest one and it was odd to me.

Yes. All my meals are sit-down. Including desserts. For dessert usually have small amount of variety of cheese. Seldom something sweet.

When applicable.

Yes.

Yes. We have a big family tree - goes back several hundreds of years. It's hanging in my office, I do remember the names.

I try to group them by location.

Thank you, arr430!!

Old 09-12-2022, 04:22 AM

30,805 posts, read 16,426,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

female, late 1940s

yup

didn't

Fall Brook PA

It's a ghost town. Nobody lives there.

usually. a few chocolate chips

not a lot I don't think. (I'm more into parentheses )

no

good grief no.

Don't really pay attention to cw/ccw. Depends on their hours of operation, if I have to stop for gas, if I'll be driving with a cat, if I have any frozen/refrig stuff, if it's a quick stop dropping something off, or a dawdle stop like a quilt shop.
thanks, arr430.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics