Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,315,681 times

Advertisements

Good morning beauties! Hope you slept well. I certainly did. Gotta take kitties in today to get "fixed" so I have animals on my mind. Here you go!

1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet.

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why?

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so?

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say?

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat)

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome?

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion?

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why?

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from?

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it!

That's all I've got for today, folks. Enjoy your hump day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 06:33 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwhzc5qlkZY

Anyway, there's more but I'll spare you. Today.

1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet. I have two kitties and one dog. My kittens names are Beatrix and Benedict. Yes, I am a Shakespeare nut. And also a BBC nut. I thought I would call them Bea and Bennie but I ended up calling them by their entire names. My dog is named Josie because she is black like Josephine Baker was. But she doesn't look like Josephine Baker at all. Or act like her. She's a big, fat, fourteen year old mutt that's mostly Labrador Retriever.

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why? I think the best pet I ever had was my dog WhoDat. Besides having the best name ever, he was just an adorable boy and he loved me so much. I had to put him down just a few weeks ago. He was very old and very sick.

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so? Well, I have both but I am probably more of a dog person than a cat person.

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say? They would probably say "Mom, pay more attention to me, do you really have to go to work today? Can't you stay home and play instead?"

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat) I had. well, my ex husband had, a tarantula one time, which I absolutely hated and made him keep in his separate office in the back yard. I've had rats and mice and skunks before too.

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome? I have been bitten twice to my knowledge. Once was by a cat, and I'm pretty sure it had rabies, and I had to have fourteen rabies shots in my stomach, which was no fun. The other time was by a pet skunk who was nocturnal. I reached into a cabinet to get a towel and she was in there and bit the fire out of me.

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion? Does it get any cuter than a puppy or a kitten?

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why? I immediately thought of horses for some reason. Besides the daily and weekly and monthly expense, you generally have to build a barn, buy a trailer, buy land an fence it, etc.

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from? Most of my pets have been strays that I found or that someone else found and gave me.

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it! I used to have a big male cat who would bring all sorts of animals in through the cat door! Baby rabbits (some in better shape than others, unfortunately), bullfrogs, etc. One time he snuck in and suddenly appeared while my husband and I were watching a movie and the two dogs were just laying around, and he threw a baby rabbit down in the mix and all hell broke loose!

Old 09-28-2022, 07:16 AM

126,417 posts, read 19,165,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Good morning beauties! Hope you slept well. I certainly did. Gotta take kitties in today to get "fixed" so I have animals on my mind. Here you go!

1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet............My Samoyed/Malamute was named Kira first time I met her in the shelter she was like a beam of light

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why?..........They all were special but she was extra special..see above

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so?........Dog person but cats can be hilarious

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say?............I love going for walks with you

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat)......No

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome?......Just stung by a wasp

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion?........They are all special...gorilla babies are adorable

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why?........... It depends

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from?..............Kira was a rescue dog

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it!..............A cat brought us a mouse

Thank you Kathryn

Old 09-28-2022, 07:30 AM

30,734 posts, read 16,371,868 times
Quote:

1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet.
Maggee (dog) no idea. Shelooked like a Maggee.
Sydney (dog) Australian shepherd

Duffy (cat) people i got him from called him Daffy. I changed it to Duffy.
all the rest were named when I got them

all of them.

no preference really

cats would be too busy sleeping.

Digs would say woof.

hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, horse

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome?
yes-a turtle I was trying to get across the road before it got smooshed, Outcome was that I got it across the road. It lived. I lived. Life is good.

hippos

around here, a hippo because they're hot weather animals and there's not too much of that here.

shelters, strays, bought the horse from a breeder

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it!
not really.

thanks, Kathryn

Old 09-28-2022, 07:53 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,625,673 times
1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet. We have two dogs. One was a rescue and already had a name and the other was a pup from step daughter's dog and they named her

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why? I had a dog when I was younger , lived 15 years. Smartest dog ever

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so? Dog. Just like dogs better

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say? I don't know but bet we couldn't get my dachshund to shut up! lol

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat) Does my pet rock count? lol

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome? Was bit by a dog. Got a tetanus shot and dog had to be put up for a week

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion? My dog

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why? Horse. Taking care of the hooves, grooming, hay, etc

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from? One rescue, one from family

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it! Nope

Old 09-28-2022, 07:57 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,820 posts, read 81,772,341 times
1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet. Until about 2017 we have always had at least one dog, more often two. The last was named Sammy, after my daughter's favorite baseball player at the time, one before that was named Pal, after a kid's cartoon dog.

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why? That would be the Bernese Mountain Dog, who never barked while we had him, and when meeting someone would stand as if at a dog show and just enjoy being petted.

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so? Dog, because I am allergic to cats.

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say? They would probably wish they could jump higher to reach the squirrels on the top of the fence.

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat) We had a Gerbil, various fish.

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome? No

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion? Hedgehog.

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why? Horse, needing a big lot, barn, and eating a lot, plus having to clean up after them.

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from? Our dogs have come from breeders, rescues, and friend's puppies.

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it! Yes, we have had dogs bring in dead rats and moles.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:06 AM

7,403 posts, read 5,517,023 times

1. Do you or have you ever had a pet and if so, name please! And why you chose that name for your pet. Cats: Misty, Lucky, Mickey, Bruce ( I was a Springsteen fan). The other names I let the kids pick. Golden Retriever named Benson, I inherited him.

2. If you have had pets, what is the best pet you've ever had and why? The cat, Mickey, was a stray cat we took in, she was like a Garfield cat, so calm and she was a lap cat and thought she was a dog.

3. Do you consider yourself a cat or a dog person and why, if so? Both, I just love them.

4. If dogs or cats could talk around your house, what would they say? Give me more table food. No.

5. Have you ever had an unusual pet and if so, what type? (not a dog or a cat) gecko.

6. Have you ever been bitten by an animal and if so, what type of animal and what was the outcome? my aunts barn cat bit me on the ankle when I was a kid for no reason. My aunt put that red stuff that burned on the bite.

7. What is the cutest animal in your opinion? Kittens and puppies.

8. Which animal would be the most expensive to own and why? I don’t know.

9. Where did your pet or previous pet(s) come from? Strays or other people

10. Has an animal ever brought anything strange into your house or onto your porch? If so, tell us about it! Cats would bring small dead animals.

That's all I've got for today, folks. Enjoy your hump day! Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k[/quote]

Old 09-28-2022, 08:27 AM

Mercurochrome is the name of that red stuff that burned! Or maybe iodine, not sure.

I thought of something else my kittens would say around the house, when I'm not there: "Hurry, let's tear something up before she comes home!" They are badly behaved. I adore them.

It took me nearly half an hour to get them into a carrier to take them this morning to get fixed. I am all torn up, scratches, broken nails, you name it. They hate to get in a carrier and hate going to the vet!

Old 09-28-2022, 09:41 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,821,663 times
Good for you, it's not pleasant for them but spaying and neutering is very important.

Yes, I've had lots of pets, even goldfish, Hoss and Little Joe. My current cat's name is Bambi, it's the name she came with when I rescued her. I don't believe I would have ever named a cat after a deer.

All of them were pretty special, even the difficult and special needs dog I took responsibility of when my friend died. But my sweet Tessa was the best and smartest dog I've ever had. She was by my side all the time, we went everywhere together.

It took some doing to get her house trained, but after I did she never, ever went inside the house. She understood what I said, and always listened. She could speak, sit, shake, high five and my favorite thing she would do was play "statue". All I had to do was say statue, she would sit and stay still for as long as you wanted her to. Her eyes moved once in a while, that was hilarious. I had her for 10 1/2 years, I miss her terribly.

I am both. They are so different but both have their own personalities and fun things about them. I do lean more towards a dog, but I've had both at the same time. The most I ever had was 3 cats and Tessa. My one cat, Shelton kitty, used to lick Tessa on the head when things were calm, it was so sweet.

Dang Lady, will you stop talking to me? I don't understand you! Sit down so I can sit in your lap.

Not really, just my goldfish. Always dogs or cats or both.

Years ago I was bitten by the neighbors German Shepherd when they first moved in. My Granny sent me over to bring them some corn and I walked around to the back of their house and the dog leapt up and bit me on the arm. It bit me again a few years later, I think she thought I was trying to hurt her owner because we were horsing around and she got me on the side that time. I cannot remember her name but that dog did not like me.

Baby seals are pretty cute. I don't know if they are the cutest but they came to mind.

Siamese cats? I'm not sure but I wouldn't want one, they are mean.

They were all lost and found. Rescues, unwanted by owners, dumped in my lap because everyone knows how I am about animals. Except for one, they all turned out to be wonderful pets.

One cat I used to have would bring it's uh...'prizes' on the porch. It was usually headless mice.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtjzQaFZ3k[/url

Thanks Kathryn

Old 09-28-2022, 09:44 AM

5,918 posts, read 3,821,663 times
Quote:
Mercurochrome is the name of that red stuff that burned! Or maybe iodine, not sure.

I thought of something else my kittens would say around the house, when I'm not there: "Hurry, let's tear something up before she comes home!" They are badly behaved. I adore them.

It took me nearly half an hour to get them into a carrier to take them this morning to get fixed. I am all torn up, scratches, broken nails, you name it. They hate to get in a carrier and hate going to the vet!
You've probably already tried this but I usually throw a few cat treats in the back of the carrier and just leave it sitting on the floor with the door open. When they go in to get the treats, pick up the front of the carrier so they can't get out and close the door. Works like a charm with my cat but yours may be too smart for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics