Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 12:02 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

Hello and welcome to . . .

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever go out or take a few minutes just to get some sun?

Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles?

Do you have any preferred scents of candles, soaps, cologne, etc.?

Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now?

What restaurant(s) do you go to more than any other(s)?

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever enjoy fried fish and chips?

Do you ever have malt vinegar on fried fish?

Coleslaw, yes or no?

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to ___________________________________________."

Have a pleasant Thursday.

Last edited by bjh; 08-24-2023 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 12:14 AM

14,785 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever got out or take a few minutes just to get some sun?
No, not sun....but a few minutes or so to get some fresh air yes.
Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles?
I have them, I don't use them.
Strawberry I guess...but nowadays strong scents can sometimes irritate my asthma.
Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now?
No, I am good.
We rarely use restaurants....probably two of the local pizza places/Italian restaurnts nearby.
Foodie Question(s):
Sure, but not recently.

Coleslaw, yes or no?

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live ....."

Ditto!
Thanks!

Old 08-24-2023, 12:38 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you ever got out or take a few minutes just to get some sun? I get out as much as I can, love me some sun.

Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles? No candles here.

Do you have any preferred scents of candles, soaps, cologne, etc.? No, I have allergic reactions to all that stuff.

Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now? No.

What restaurant(s) do you go to more than any other(s)? Local mom & pop, usually 2x a week.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever enjoy fried fish and chips? No, allergic to fish stuff.

Do you ever have malt vinegar on fried fish? n/a

Coleslaw, yes or no? Only if I have to to please the cook.

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to a sanitation collection dump.."

Have a pleasant Thursday. u-2 thanks

Old 08-24-2023, 01:41 AM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times

Today's Question(s):
I usually don't go out unless I have something to do. Getting some sun is a bonus.

I have lots of candles, but I don't use them except in power outages.
Sandalwood and some floral scents.
None that come to mind.
Our local Italian restaurant.
Foodie Question(s):
I have in the past.
Yes, I have.
Coleslaw, yes or no?
I like cole slaw as long as it's not too sweet and there's not too much mayonnaise in it.
What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to a stinky cheese factory."

Thanks, bjh!

Old 08-24-2023, 03:25 AM

9,728 posts, read 14,273,043 times
Today's Question(s):
I work outside in the sun, every day...rain or shine.

Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles? I only use them for power outages, and haven't done that in a few years. I probably couldn't find them if I needed them.

Do you have any preferred scents of candles, soaps, cologne, etc.? I have a vanilla body spray I sometimes use. It's a very light scent. But, I usually don't think of spraying it.

Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now? No. I'm 5 minutes away from stores and restaurants, and everything I need is closeby.

What restaurant(s) do you go to more than any other(s)? Texas Roadhouse, and McDonalds for cappuccino

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever enjoy fried fish and chips? No. I had them once a few years ago. Too greasy for me.

Do you ever have malt vinegar on fried fish? No

Coleslaw, yes or no? Good coleslaw is hard to find in restaurants. I don't like a lot of mayo, or long strings of cabbage. My mother made it the best!

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to an SPCA. I've had business appointments in homes with those locations and it's irritating with dogs barking all the time

Thanks BJH

Old 08-24-2023, 05:44 AM

3,127 posts, read 1,019,067 times
Good morning.

Today's Question(s):
Multiple times/day.
Yes, I do. I also like to light very small candles daily.
Lavender, sandalwood.
Yes, a few grocery stores from Europe and a few International (for instance an Iranian Store in Orange County that is one of my favorites. It has lots of cheese, chocolate and other delicatessen from Europe, India, Australia, UK etc.) I also miss a few clothing stores, one from Germany and one from the UK. I do miss all these sometimes. You would too...if you were living in a different country/continent. It's natural to miss things, places, people, nature, scents etc.
Indian. I don't go to other restaurants in general, or maybe once or twice a year, or something like that.
Foodie Question(s):
I liked eating them in the UK. I haven't eaten this combination in a loooong time.
No. Not into sweet vinegar. Not into sweet foods in general. Except ice cream of course.
Coleslaw, yes or no?
I love it. I'm going to make a salad today, thanks for reminding me about it.
What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to a big city anymore."

Thank you very much. You have a wonderful day.

Old 08-24-2023, 06:00 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,085,104 times

Today's Question(s):

After dinner some days we take a walk by the lake.

Yes and yes.

I don't like scented soap or lotions, but I have a couple of lilac scented candles and my favorite perfume is D&G Light Blue.

There was a great restaurant when I was younger called Chubby Lanes. It no longer exists but I want it back.

I'm a sucker for a good burger.

Foodie Question(s):

Yes.

No.

Coleslaw, yes or no?

Mostly no. Very few places make slaw I like.

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to_the city dump. Yes, they built houses next to our dump._."

Old 08-24-2023, 06:15 AM

30,549 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

yup

no. I have a generator so no power outages.

scentless is preferred

can't think of one.

none really. Went to a local one mostly but it closed a few years ago.

Foodie Question(s):

used to but not now

on the chips yes but not on the fish

Coleslaw, yes or no?

some I like, some I don't.

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to ________a cabbage patch. (Ever smell a cabbage patch in the spring?)___________________________________."

thanks, bjh. You too.

Old 08-24-2023, 06:16 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Today's Question(s):
Do you ever go out or take a few minutes just to get some sun? Yes. But not today, it’s going to be the hottest day of the year at 101F, maybe more.

Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles? I have candles but usually if there’s a power outage I have flashlights

Do you have any preferred scents of candles, soaps, cologne, etc.? I like Jasmine and white musk.

Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now? I miss having a decent mall, ours closed.

What restaurant(s) do you go to more than any other(s)? A couple local owned places in my town.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever enjoy fried fish and chips? Yes

Do you ever have malt vinegar on fried fish? Yes

Coleslaw, yes or no? Yes

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to a train track__."

Thank you!

Old 08-24-2023, 07:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Today's Question(s):
Not for that reason. One of my daily "vampire" prescription drugs (and I don't remember which one ) has instructions to stay out of direct sunlight. But, that's okay because except for errands, I go outside for long periods of time to take photos and I don't do that except on cloudy/overcast days (because of shadows). I usually look at weather forecasts to find out what hours of the day the clouds will roll in and go out, then. Take a lot of photos from the car. Take Vitamin D3.

Do you have candles for power outages or do you ever just like to light candles? No candles. Have a 3 battery (AA) powered lamp that is small enough and light enough to carry around from room to room.

Do you have any preferred scents of candles, soaps, cologne, etc.? Like: liquid soap that is pear and green tea scented, pine and cedar anything and lavender. Just hate the smell of lilacs and anything lilac scented.

Is there a store, a restaurant, a gym, etc. you wish you could magically move to where you live now? No. Don't want to live near anything like that. Like driving and a lot of trees. Wouldn't mind being 3 - 5 miles or so from a good non-chain Italian restaurant.

What restaurant(s) do you go to more than any other(s)? Outback, Calhoun's

Foodie Question(s):
Don't eat anything that comes out of the water.

Do you ever have malt vinegar on fried fish? No

Coleslaw, yes or no? Yes. Love it.

What Say You:

"I'm so glad I don't live in or next to"
a large city, a halfway house, a neighbor with a lilac garden (lilacs smell like cat urine to me), a prison, a mall, a school (especially an elementary school because every weekday during the school term, the cars are lined up in front of them on the street to pick up kids), a thief the DA let go, any sports field that is lit up brightly at night, a duck farm, a hotel, a hospital, a homeless encampment, a drug den or meth lab, a bar, a Sulphur anything (smells like rotten eggs), a lima bean warehouse...just kidding about that last one

Last edited by LauraC; 08-24-2023 at 07:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics